Maresca's Issue has Got to End! (1 Viewer)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
I dont usually open transfer threads, but this whole thing with Maresca has been bugging me for a while.

Just as I thought that Enzo was settling in with Lippi and Juve, this damn yearly crap reoccurs.

Maresca's Future At Juventus Still Unclear

04/24/2004. Enzo Maresca, talented young Juventus midfielder, has stated that he does not know what his future holds as the bianconeri have not yet told him what will happen.

Maresca, whose contract expires in June 2005, has been linked with Inter in a possible swap for Vieri, but things still seem unclear.

The bianconero stated: "I don't know anything. I want to stay here for life, but the club has not announced anything yet."

I know he's no huge prospect, and I dont think he's the next Italian superstar, but i do believe that he has so much to offer. His devotion to the team is unquestionable. His love for the white and black kit is incredible, but he seems to be the first piece of bait that juve use to get new players.

Why doesn't Moggi see his value to the club?
Does Moggi think that there are many players like him currently available in Europe? (if you think there are, please name them..)

Poor Enzo is gonna go nuts if her gets loaned one more time.
Do you guys think that selling him to get better attackers is a smart idea?

How much to you value him? does he deserve to get paid as much as Zambrotta or DV for example?

Moggi doesn't even want to give him a contract!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

Why doesn't Moggi see his value to the club?
Does Moggi think that there are many players like him currently available in Europe? (if you think there are, please name them..)

Poor Enzo is gonna go nuts if her gets loaned one more time.
Do you guys think that selling him to get better attackers is a smart idea?

How much to you value him? does he deserve to get paid as much as Zambrotta or DV for example?
nah, they just can't sell our Enzo, even though Lippi doesn't really like him... You're definitely right, there's no players like him available, and when you think of it, he's not that expensive, he's definitely more worth to Juve that DYO, so he deserves to be paid enough... What's enough for him, that's something that I don't know...

In one sentence, we shouldn't let Enzo leave...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Not a chance in hell, Di Vaio's salary is sky high, it's 3x that of Trez. Maresca deserves a tad more modest paycheck at this time, he's still a prospect.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I rate Maresca highly, he's also very loyal. Although i could understand it if he left.

HE SHOULD STAY THOUGH! He's a long term player! Already good and will only become better!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
i swear i wont forgive : JUVE , MOGGI , LIPPI , AND THE TEAM if they let this happen , i don't want to see Vieri in juve and maresca Leavin , and btw Majed and Poku = Maresca will be the most italian talented player in the future.... anyhow this news made my day sucksssssss....

OP
Majed

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    Not a chance in hell, Di Vaio's salary is sky high, it's 3x that of Trez. Maresca deserves a tad more modest paycheck at this time, he's still a prospect.
    damn... didn't know DV was payed 3x of Trez!

i just think that he deserves a good contract (meaning not a crappy one like Camo's ), but sadly, he's not even getting any contract offer.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I wonder what Maresca is on at the moment. I believe Camo got his pay rise and gets about €1.1m now. Di Vaio makes €5-6m while Trez gets <€2m. In that vein, Maresca should get no more than €1m. Buffon and Thuram are both at a rediculous €5-6m too, as is of course Del Piero (who took a 20% pay cut I think).

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    I didn't know about DYOs huge salary either... Now I'm sure that we should sell him and Thuram, that's just sooooo overrated... I'm stunned...

He deserves about 1m-1,5m euros then...

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
    i dont wanna trade maresca for vieri :(

thts pure dumb

Maresca is still young and very good player

vieri is like wht? 31?!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Maresca for Vieri? Hell no. Maresca is a great talent, one of the only creative midfielders we have atm, and Vieri is 31 or 32 and not much better, if better at all, than players such as Morientes, Gilardino and Zlatan.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    Maresca has to stay! In some years, I see him as our captain! I think he will be part of the new Italian generation (Cassano, Gilardino....)
    We have to keep him!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    What's wrong with us? Does Moggi have something against hot young prospects? We sell players like Olivera and Henry without giving them much of a chance, we have a bunch of promising youngsters waiting in the wings, and they don't even get to see the light of day.

Now we have a player who could well become our captain, an inspiration in midfield and someone who wants to stay at Juve for life... and we won't even offer him a contract? :wallbang:

qcfabio

Apr 5, 2004
    Obviously Lippi prefers Appiah to Maresca ...

If Maresca plays one less than excellent game, he will be benched next game and has his place occupied by Appiah ...

Also, it seems that Lippi is always fond of putting 2 combative defensive midfielders at the centre but not one defensive and one creative ... Placing Maresca alongside with Tacchi will make Lippi feels uncomfortable ...

And I d't know why Moggi ia always saying they invest in the young players ... Look at the roster at Juve now, the only one from Juve's breeding ground is DP and that's all while our captain is already 29...
    Where have Moggi's investment gone in the past decade ???

It seems unlikely that Gasbarroni, Brighi will star in Juve in the coming years

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    Maresca for Vieri? Hell no. Maresca is a great talent, one of the only creative midfielders we have atm, and Vieri is 31 or 32 and not much better, if better at all, than players such as Morientes, Gilardino and Zlatan.
    Amen, brother. If they swap Maresca -- a budding youth player who could well serve the future of this aging club -- for a complete selfish cry-baby like Vieri, you can write off the scudetto for a while.

The last thing we need is to mortgage out our future prospects to bring in some overpriced, over-egoed, non-team player who will drag the team unity and morale into the trash.

Let me pull a Berlusconi here and state that, "If anyone wants to remain the future allenatore, or direttore generale, of Juventus, they must not trade Maresca for Vieri".

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by qcfabio ] ++
    Obviously Lippi prefers Appiah to Maresca ...

If Maresca plays one less than excellent game, he will be benched next game and has his place occupied by Appiah ...

Also, it seems that Lippi is always fond of putting 2 combative defensive midfielders at the centre but not one defensive and one creative ... Placing Maresca alongside with Tacchi will make Lippi feels uncomfortable ...

And I d't know why Moggi ia always saying they invest in the young players ... Look at the roster at Juve now, the only one from Juve's breeding ground is DP and that's all while our captain is already 29...
    Where have Moggi's investment gone in the past decade ???

It seems unlikely that Gasbarroni, Brighi will star in Juve in the coming years
    Fire Lippi, sell Appiah, keep Maresca. Believe me, we'll be better off for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)