Maresca's Issue has Got to End! (1 Viewer)

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
But im not gonna deny that Maradona was incredible, he was everything, a striker, a midfielder, and a defender. And as you said what he did with Napoli is fantastic, even tough there were other good players on Napoli at that time.

The reason for why i brought up the Baggio issue, was to make an example that it doesnt mean that you arent a good player just because you havent won the WC and so on. As barkuss obviously thinks!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
but he obviously ain't the best player ever.i mean,you can't judge players based on the goals they scored.maradona is a god,a legend and one of a kind.he was certainly capable of doing what baggio did.baggio was just another great player to be bunched together with beckenbauer,platini,cruyff and the rest,below the big two.

its so widely accepted that it's almost fact.

Jul 12, 2002
:LOL: what a ridiculous conclusion to come to. "Because a bunch of foolish idiots who have never seen these guys play believe that Pele and Maradona were the best palyers ever makes it a fact." Cruijff, Platini, and Beckenbauer were all just as good as Maradona or Pele. They may not have capture the fans' attention as much, but that's because they're all european and in europe, the team game is emphasised more.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
In this thread, two people had mentioned that they better support another team if things dont get done as they want...they call themselves juve supporters??????

sad to have here people like that

just an opinion

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
:LOL: what a ridiculous conclusion to come to. "Because a bunch of foolish idiots who have never seen these guys play believe that Pele and Maradona were the best palyers ever makes it a fact." Cruijff, Platini, and Beckenbauer were all just as good as Maradona or Pele. They may not have capture the fans' attention as much, but that's because they're all european and in europe, the team game is emphasised more.
Good post :thumb:

Aug 1, 2003
Cmon Barkuss, what you said bout youngsters are utter crap (btw, I agree that Ronaldinho is an excellent player before you knock my head) these youngsters are the ones who become stars, if you don't know, these 'stars, proven players' were once young and because people gave them the chance they became what they are. if managers were all like you, we won't have any players playing football at all, lad!

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
That is so true!

As i said Baggio is even better than Maradona was. No doubt.
And when it comes to Pele i just think it is ridiculous that people overrate him so much, he is not one of the best at all, look at what time he played in, it was walking football, defenders didnt have the guts to even stop him because he was so respected, Pele doesnt belong in the same category as Baggio, Maradona, and Platini.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
"Because a bunch of foolish idiots who have never seen these guys play believe that Pele and Maradona were the best palyers ever makes it a fact."
foolish idiots?its so widely recognised that pele and maradona were the best players ever that it'd mean that at least a third of the football watching population in the world are foolish idiots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)