Marco Verratti - CM - Pescara (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I think Verratti and Pogba are ahead of Gabriel (and Bouy, others) in their development. Italy has a bigger problem with integrating young players because of the tactical requirements, it's tough for the big clubs to do it, especially when we are talking about a team ethic and system that Conte has.

I see a lot of young players coming and going through this club in the next few years, because the philosophy of identifying young stars for relatively cheap is a good one, but more compatible for a mid table club. At a club like Juve, who want to be challenging for titles every season, you'd struggle to integrate two such young players into the first team per season. Considering we buy 10+ per season plus the local youth players the numbers don't add up. Only players who play in a position where a gap appears might get a real chance, like Sorensen. Then also you have exceptional youth players. I'm not sure any of ours quite fit that bill. Verratti, Pogba, maybe.

At the moment you just aren't getting into the starting midfield for Juve. When you are narrowly top of the league and with a squad not so deep on quality the coach is going to go with his best team for as often as possible. It's not an ideal situation for young players. But we can see how it develops over the next few years with many competitions to play, etc.
Exactly,, so unless they get a lucky unique chance like sorensen.... they just get giovincoed.

The best we can do is to buy him and send them on loan a couple years for them to have playing time..... because if the likes of marrone cant break it... they will not do it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)