Marco Verratti - CM - Pescara (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Yep, that's how I interpret it as well. And there hasn't been talk of a co-ownership, I think? Juve wants him outright.
No 50% is fantastic news! That shit has been absolute non-sense for us so far.

This on the other hand isn't great news....I wanted him here, but it's all good at least we got Maronne\Bouy\Appelt.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I see your point, Melo :)

But I think it's unfair to throw Giaccherini in the same bag as Padoin. Giaccherini has proved himself, in my opinion. He's been decisive in a few matches, and he has given his all. True professional, and he's one of Conte's "go to"-subs to impact matches. He's proud to be at Juventus and he gives 110 % for the cause.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
My point is that Conte doesn't trust the youngsters as much as we would want him to. We have seen it from time to time.

The management has done a fine job with all these youngsters, but it's going to be tough to integrate them to the first team.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
My point is that Conte doesn't trust the youngsters as much as we would want him to. We have seen it from time to time.

The management has done a fine job with all these youngsters, but it's going to be tough to integrate them to the first team.
True.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Imagine Conte still using Padoin or Giaccherini when needed :D

Well I don't think we would be spending so much time pursuing Pogba or Verratti if Conte wasn't planning to use them.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Well I don't think we would be spending so much time pursuing Pogba or Verratti if Conte wasn't planning to use them.
We did spend several millions on Appelt, but neither Delneri/Conte used/uses him. Del Blaxxx was pretty good with youngsters like Giandonato and Sørensen.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
That was an emergency, do you really think Gabriel warranted inclusion in any of our games so far?
Sørensen was at first used because of emergancy, but he came a first team player later.

I am not saying that Gabriel should be used, but, my point is Marrone can't break into the squad of 22. How would Pogba/Verratti do it?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think Verratti and Pogba are ahead of Gabriel (and Bouy, others) in their development. Italy has a bigger problem with integrating young players because of the tactical requirements, it's tough for the big clubs to do it, especially when we are talking about a team ethic and system that Conte has.

I see a lot of young players coming and going through this club in the next few years, because the philosophy of identifying young stars for relatively cheap is a good one, but more compatible for a mid table club. At a club like Juve, who want to be challenging for titles every season, you'd struggle to integrate two such young players into the first team per season. Considering we buy 10+ per season plus the local youth players the numbers don't add up. Only players who play in a position where a gap appears might get a real chance, like Sorensen. Then also you have exceptional youth players. I'm not sure any of ours quite fit that bill. Verratti, Pogba, maybe.

At the moment you just aren't getting into the starting midfield for Juve. When you are narrowly top of the league and with a squad not so deep on quality the coach is going to go with his best team for as often as possible. It's not an ideal situation for young players. But we can see how it develops over the next few years with many competitions to play, etc.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Milan incorporate El Sharaawy quite well in their first team.

I wish we did that with Immobile. Maybe with us being in three competitions next year we can start playing Marrone, Appelt, Bouy and hopefully the soon arrival of Verratti and Destro/Gabbiadini.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Fuck Gabbiadini. I want Destro more. He seems more dynamic and versatile. I feel Gabbiadini is more one dimensional, an Inzaghi type player, and boy do I dislike that skinny wafer like piece of shit Inzaghi :yuck: :inter:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)