Marco Borriello (9 Viewers)

Do you want Borriello to stay, and do you think he will?

• I want him to stay, and I think he will :)

• I hope he leaves, but I think he'll stay :mad:

• I want him to stay, but I think he'll leave :sad:

• I think we'll ship his ass off. Good riddance! :D

• I want him to stay, but at a much lower price

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
For the record, I never said he was better than Matri. I just don't mind him being signed, as we will need 5 strikers next season, and because he has shown great professionalism.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
And this thread has been AndreaCristianoed hard.

Matri is better than Borriello in every facet of being a striker. Neither are world class and neither should be leading the frontline next season. But we're MUCH better off with keeping the younger and more prolific striker in Matri.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I don't think people forgot. The problem with this place is that it's always "either/or". Why must supporting Borriello mean that one dislikes Matri?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I don't think people forgot. The problem with this place is that it's always "either/or".
In all likelihood, and I'm sure you'll agree it means keeping either/or. Perhaps that's why. Borriello has enjoyed Conte's confidence even while playing like shit. While Matri hasnt even gotten a nod when he was doing his job better and scoring.nsure, he maybe out of form right now, and Borriello looks like a suitable candidate but the truth is, any player that enjoys a Coach's approval will get better and anybody that doesn't will not play at their best. Look at Krasic. Is he really as bad as we've seen him play this season? No he's not. He'll prove it when he gets a chance and some faith elsewhere. I detest the fact that a guy like Matri will be rewarded for all his goals by being sold in favour of somebody like Borriello, who with credit has backed himself up, but the truth is, is not good enough to be on this team if it's competing for titles in every competition. And since this talk is being labeled as a discussion for a backup player, it's just as important we keep the one whose better. Because when you're competing on three fronts, there are no back up players.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
As a fifth striker - yes. As a first team player or first sub? No. But TBH I'd prefer somebody else as fith choice as well, Alex would be great if he stayed.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Rumours coming through that Roma want Juve's half of Giovinco for the full ownership of Boriello. If Marotta allows that to happen, he should be relieved of his duties, scudetto or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)