Marco Borriello (38 Viewers)

Do you want Borriello to stay, and do you think he will?

• I want him to stay, and I think he will :)

• I hope he leaves, but I think he'll stay :mad:

• I want him to stay, but I think he'll leave :sad:

• I think we'll ship his ass off. Good riddance! :D

• I want him to stay, but at a much lower price

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #81
    What?! Of course he doesn't shut his ears to what Conte wants. All this time I've been saying that Marotta goes off and signs players that fit into Conte's philosophy, but Conte does not name players. He can't, its not his responsibility.
    But that's what Giaccherini said.

"Conte wanted me here and I want to repay him"

Buy on AliExpress.com

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    I partly agree.

The thing is, Conte has the option to say no. It's not like Conte has to accept whatever Marotta throws at him.
    Yeah, Conte has the right to say no if the player Marotta brings to the table doesn't fit his philosophy or playing style. But if Marotta delivers the versatile striker that Conte asked for, then why would he say no?

Lancelot

Oct 24, 2011
    It doesn`t mean that if Conte approved sb, automatically he is becoming a great player.

In this case, It`s true that Conte wanted Giac, but (to be honest) Giac is not anywhere near Juve material :rolleyes:

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    But that's what Giaccherini said.

"Conte wanted me here and I want to repay him"
    But I don't think Conte said, "hey Marotta get me Giaccherini" out of the blue. I bet Giaccherini was on Marotta's radar and Conte said that he liked him.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    But I don't think Conte said, "hey Marotta get me Giaccherini" out of the blue. I bet Giaccherini was on Marotta's radar and Conte said that he liked him.
    Yeah, but that's really all we're saying, you know?

That there is a dialogue between the coach and the GM.

Sometimes (or rather: most of the time) the GM does everything beforehand and then proposes a player to Conte. Other times, it's Conte who knows what he wants and proposes a player for Marotta to have a look at.

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    It's Paratici's job to scout players, but that's not the point. It doesn't work like Conte says I want a CM and Marotta without asking Conte buys Palombo.
    Well thats not how it works. Conte will usually describe the player he wants and not only what position he's looking for. What kind of characteristics he's looking for and what he expects the CM to do. Then its Marotta's job to find the player Conte was describing.

And who does Paratici work for? Marotta.

OP
    Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #90
    Well thats not how it works. Conte will usually describe the player he wants and not only what position he's looking for. What kind of characteristics he's looking for and what he expects the CM to do. Then its Marotta's job to find the player Conte was describing.

And who does Paratici work for? Marotta.
    I am not disagreeing. I am just adding the fact that Conte can reject players, and has influence in the transfers.

Remember, you said: "You do know Conte has nothing to say about these things?"

I am just saying that he has a voice in this.

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    I am not disagreeing. I am just adding the fact that Conte can reject players, and has influence in the transfers.

Remember, you said: "You do know Conte has nothing to say about these things?"

I am just saying that he has a voice in this.
    But if Marotta thinks that Borriello fits the description and he thinks he reached a good deal with Roma, then I don't really think Conte can say no. Marotta knows more about Borriello, and I bet he has had plenty of scouts working their asses of to figure out every small detail about Borriello these last few days. Marotta knows more, I just don't think Conte knows as much about Borriello as Marotta does because of the simple fact that this is Marotta's job. For example, I don't really think Conte had any idea who Estigarribia was, but I bet Marotta and his men knew everything about him. Thats why I don't think Conte has that much say in which name they bring.

May 22, 2007
    On top of the Giaccherini/Conte contact made before the transfer.

“Vidal is a complete midfielder who is very dynamic and combines a work ethic with quality. He scored 10 goals in the Bundesliga and is coming to give us a precious helping hand," - Conte
    Lichtsteiner passed a medical yesterday and is set to pen a four-year deal with i Bianconeri later this week. "Conte has convinced me," Lichtsteiner told Gazzetta dello Sport. "I wanted to play for Juve but it was the telephone call from Conte that proved crucial for me to accept. We see football in the same way."

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1463186.html
    I seem to remember something about Vucinic being contacted, but lost the effort.

He obviously has an idea of the players that the club is signing. Estigarribia was also reportedly followed by Conte for a while since the Copa America, although I cannot find quotes on that. You're right in that the ds takes care of transfers and negotiations in Italy, while the coach takes care of the players and the philosophy of the club, but Conte appears to be quite a lot more involved than Delneri was. In that presentation interview Conte had he stated that he was working with Marotta/Paratici/Nedved to find the right targets.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    It's an alright signing if Juve get rid of Amauri, Iaquinta and Toni in January and don't take the option to sign Borriello permanently in the summer.

OP
    Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #99
    It is being said that Juve won't make it official till they release Amauri, Iaq and Toni.

I guess they'll make it official anyways 3rd January.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
    Turin's STD infection rate is about to spike on 3 Jan, I guess.

Hopefully no one in the dressing room is affected (Pepe better stock up on prophylactics).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)