Marcelo Zalayeta (3 Viewers)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
The better striker will only bring problems and ask more money and more playing time, and won't accept to stay as the fifth forward and will leave.but If you mean we better find new players to replace Trezeguet and/or Del Piero, then yes I agree with you, and none of Palladino or Iaquinta or Zalayeta can replace them.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I love Zalayeta. I don´t particulary like his way of playing but he is one of those guys I love seeing in Juve through and through. He always brings a smile to my face, just like Nedved, Trezeguet and Buffon.

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
I really like Zalayeta. Sometimes I'm not even sure if he is still at the club, but when he gets playing time he tries his best and he saved our asses several times. You cannot ask for more. Although he never made the breakthrough at Juve he doesn't complain and puts in everything he has on the pitch. I admire him for that and I'm happy to know that when everything goes wrong, we can still throw in Marcelo Zalayeta. He won't be a legend in terms of talent and success like Del Piero or Scirea. But he is certainly a unique person who gave us memorable goals and won't be forgotten. Thank you Big King Zala.

He played decent against Inter and Roma lately. He would probably be a starter at many UEFA-Cup level clubs.

K0STA

Jul 12, 2006
Zala is unique!!! and the role he plays at Juve is unique too. I dont remember other clubs having the player with the same role (succesful one) for such a long time;

I guess as long as Zala is happy to be in Juve, he will be usefull for Juve.

Marcelo Zalayeta

Born
05/12/1978
Birthplace
Montevideo (Uruguay)
Role
Forward
Height
Weight

Just look at this:
3 Italian Championships: 1997/98 - 2001/2002 - 2002/2003 (+ 2 stolen scudettos) thats 5 of them :) I guess he's got to be happy... very few players have SUCH AN ACHIEVEMENT;

He is probably the deadliest Substitution player on earth. Very useful I guess. (I don't mention the vital goals he has scored throughout his carrer)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Zalayeta is better than the quintessential 5th striker role he has been given at Juventus. Fortunately or unfortunately he's fine with that role - which is what keeps him here. I for one, would be really sad to see him go, quite the way I was to see Tacchinardi go. Yes, he deserves better for himself, but if he chooses to stay, then so be it. Like it's been stated here, he never complains, goes about his job quietly and efficiently and at no time does he ever underperform when given a role on the field. That is good enough for me. He's earned his position at the club, ironically, that doesnt say much. Then again, his loyalty deserves our support. Forza Zalayeta.

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
Loyalty? Love? He feels like home at Juve? not everything is about money? are these impossible reasons?
I don't think it has anything to do with money. The first three reasons could be right, but usually, a player wants to play as much as he can and Zala could play more at another club. It's a bit of a strange thing to be confident with 5th choice-striker status, isn't it?

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
Shame he had 2 leave.He was never really given the opportunity to blossom at Juve.He was quick,strong n good in the air.will never forget his winners against Barca n Real.....all d very best Marcelo n may the force go with u!

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
stop complaining Half ownership or full ownership, what's the difference?? you couldn't expect a better deal for them..

I am only sad that Zalayeta is gone, that kid should have retired here at Juve. I really hope he wanted to leave himself, and wasn't forced out..

and btw, I wouldn't be so sure if Zalayeta would be a starter with Napoli, I am afraid he won't last long there, and move to a shittier club. I can't see how this deal will make Zala happier, I just hope I am wrong. The Best luck to Zalaboy!

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i think he will start at Napoli and it gives him a chance to answer everyones true question, "how good is he if he started every game?".

the thing that worries me most is that Trezeguet doesnt have a true replacement on bench. Iaqunita and Palladino are different players to him.

Anyway, Zalayeta will do well i hope...who knows, he turn out that great and we may make a lot more money on him if Napoli want him outright.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)