Marcelo Zalayeta (1 Viewer)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
he should leave for himself u only get a short time to play your best football yet he has wasted his best years being a bit player.
I am sure he doesn't mind that. He definitely is proud to be here at Juve, it is obvious isn't it? I just respect this guy, a true Juve legend for me.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
I am sure he doesn't mind that. He definitely is proud to be here at Juve, it is obvious isn't it? I just respect this guy, a true Juve legend for me.
its not a normal thing but i guess if he happy to stay and Juve are happy thats all that matters. If i was him i dont care if i loved Juve and a proud supporter if they didnt give me oppurtunity i would b elsewhere. he hasent done enough for me to call him a Juve legend sorry.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
its not a normal thing but i guess if he happy to stay and Juve are happy thats all that matters. If i was him i dont care if i loved Juve and a proud supporter if they didnt give me oppurtunity i would b elsewhere. he hasent done enough for me to call him a Juve legend sorry.
calling a player a Legend isn't only about performance or goals. Sure he performed well sometimes and saved our asses a couple of times and more, but this is the most you can have from a 4th or 5th Juve forward. From what he did in that short period of playing time, I can call him a legend, his behavior also a good lesson for other players, but I think his only problem for others is his skin color or his Nationality, while they easily can call the likes of Rampulla (who did nothing performance wise) a legend.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
that is what bothers me, he lacks ambition, he looks content with his seat on the bench
you want him to ask more money and make problems for playing time? maybe you don't know how easily that leads to directors to show him the door, don't expect the same loyalty from the board or the fans.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
calling a player a Legend isn't only about performance or goals. Sure he performed well sometimes and saved our asses a couple of times and more, but this is the most you can have from a 4th or 5th Juve forward. From what he did in that short period of playing time, I can call him a legend, his behavior also a good lesson for other players, but I think his only problem for others is his skin color or his Nationality, while they easily can call the likes of Rampulla (who did nothing performance wise) a legend.
my personal opinion he is not a legend in others eyes he may b and thats fair enough. On Rampulledhimself i agree.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
you want him to ask more money and make problems for playing time? maybe you don't know how easily that leads to directors to show him the door, don't expect the same loyalty from the board or the fans.
my point is that he is content with his salary and wether he plays or not is just fine by him
any other player would go elsewhere if they have to sit on the bench all of the time
I do believe he is a good player but he has some stiff competition
he has no guarantee that this will change as long as DP and Trez are here and when they are gone we will buy other strikers. He has had his Juve experience but it is time now to make something of his career besides being a coach potatoe.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
my point is that he is content with his salary and wether he plays or not is just fine by him
any other player would go elsewhere if they have to sit on the bench all of the time
I do believe he is a good player but he has some stiff competition
he has no guarantee that this will change as long as DP and Trez are here and when they are gone we will buy other strikers. He has had his Juve experience but it is time now to make something of his career besides being a coach potatoe.
well I look at it from another corner. He is aware of his abilities and aware he can't compete Del piero or Trezeguet, instead of going somewhere else to Siena, catania or Albinoleffe or even castel di sangro, or play in some shity league, he is happy to be a part of a great club like Juve, he isn't forgotten at all, he still has his roll, the season is long and not everyone can play in every competition. He will probably play from 7 to 12 matches in Serie A, and 4 to 8 matches in Serie B. He must be an ass to complain for asking more than that, but he isn't one. If I were him and has the same abilities, I wouldn't complain at all. His ego is not bigger than him, and that's a plus and must be appreciated and not criticized.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
The problem with Zalayata lately is that he became too fat and too slow to run around. He's good with headers and has a nice foot to shoot on goal but to connect in a play our a counter attack, he's just too slow for that now. I like Zalayata alot, and it hurts to say that but currently he's only the best at how he protects the ball, compliments to his ass which is getting too big that it will form a website..

He is technically gifted but he's just currently unfit to perform well for 90 min, the sad thing is that his situation is getting worse, the last time he was alright was 3 years ago.
i actually think he's slimmed up and become faster he seems to be more of a player who could pick the ball from deep and run with it

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
It's easy to underestimate a man's worth when he's not constantly given the chance to prove it. I'm glad he's one of these guys who prefers to be 3'rd or even 4th choice striker for a prestigious club like ours rather than be a regular starter say for Sampdoria, or Torino. He may not be a world beater but most of us know his habit of delivering the goods when it counts, (particularly against Barca & Madrid) & I don't doubt for a moment he could hurt us if he was playing against us rather than for us! So, yeah, I'm grateful he quietly just gets on with his work when called upon & never complains when he's not. I realise I'm repeating a lot of what's already been said but it's worth repeating!

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
For me Zala is king and I really like the guy, to be honest he is one of my favorite players at Juve. Like many of you said he is not complaining about anything and is always there for club. Even I must agree that I'm a little bit sad that he didn't made better career but as long as he is happy I'm also happy.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Maybe it is due to his mindset, but only Zalayeta himself knows about his stand

He knows that he cannot compete with Trez and DP, but I think there is something simple he is aiming for, which is to do a good job in times of need. He has picked up several silverware along with the rest of the squad during his time in Juventus, something which he cannot do at other mid-table clubs. So I think he is willing to accept his position and just do his best when he is called, at the end of the day, he may get his silverware by just doing that. or maybe it is just me.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
:agree: spot on.

A similar scenario one can say is that what solskjaer is for man utd, is similar to what zalayeta is for us... (if not more). Both are respected figures and personally for me ive always like zala, I just really hope he has an outstanding season this time and saves our asses that extra more times. His personality is something that should be looked up to and i think his standing on that thin line called loyalty (and down to earth). I think he did quite decent in spain and even now i reckon someone like espnayol or osasuna (uefa cup sides) could very well give him more starting chances than us and many would take such an option without thinking twice. This player seems like his been rejuvenated and lets wait and see if this fire lasts longer than preseason.

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
Other teams have similar players that motivate the team, but don't you think he just doesn't mind sitting on th bench, doing nothing and getting paid?

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Other teams have similar players that motivate the team, but don't you think he just doesn't mind sitting on th bench, doing nothing and getting paid?
Theres several types of players in the world, you have those who do all the talking and do crap on the pitch, those who do one or the other and those who are almost everything u need in one. Zalayeta, is the few who may not say much but tries to do what he can when his given that chance. If you had almost all the players motivating each other this would just kill the dressing room, you would prolly have everyone trying to talk over each other.. sometimes its just best to get on with football and train as hard as you can. His more of a person that may take orders..hence he aint really a leader, but weve got plenty of other leaders to do that job.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
:agree: spot on.

A similar scenario one can say is that what solskjaer is for man utd, is similar to what zalayeta is for us... (if not more). Both are respected figures and personally for me ive always like zala, I just really hope he has an outstanding season this time and saves our asses that extra more times. His personality is something that should be looked up to and i think his standing on that thin line called loyalty (and down to earth). I think he did quite decent in spain and even now i reckon someone like espnayol or osasuna (uefa cup sides) could very well give him more starting chances than us and many would take such an option without thinking twice. This player seems like his been rejuvenated and lets wait and see if this fire lasts longer than preseason.
I am confident about him, Ranieri seem the kind of coaches that gives everyone a chance to prove themselves. I think he will bring the best of Zalayeta this season.

he DOES something and more to the team, but doesn't mind getting paid a small sum compared to others. I think that deserves a respect from us in return, unlike some other members here are making fun of him and some even going further by calling him out!

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
he DOES something and more to the team, but doesn't mind getting paid a small sum compared to others. I think that's deserves a respect from us in return, unlike some off members here are making fun of him and some even going further by calling him out!
I meant, does nothing if he's sitting on the bench, but I know what you're saying.. I just feel as if we can get a better striker in the future, we should..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)