Marcello Lippi (4 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Marcello Lippi believes Juventus fans are right to believe their club have now won 31 titles after retaining their league crown this weekend.

The ongoing debate surrounds the 2005 and 2006 Serie A successes that were stripped away from the club as a result of a match-fixing scandal.

But despite the controversy surrounding those two championships, the former Bianconeri boss insists they should count.

“Rightly Juventus and its fans think that the 31 championships have been won on the field,” he said on GR Parlamento.

“If someone has seen fit to remove the two championships is another matter, but the people of Juventus know they were won on the field.”

Lippi, who lifted the 2006 World Cup with Italy, also spoke about his successor with the Azzurri, Cesare Prandelli.

He added: “I see Italy doing very well right now. Prandelli has made a gradual renewal, but a clear and important one.

“After the South African World Cup, a renewal would be required regardless of the final result, and Cesare was able to act in a more than positive way.

"His Italian teams in these two years have often reminded me of the team that I was training. But I must say that even the youth selections are giving good answers.”

Legend

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Marcello Lippi believes Juventus fans are right to believe their club have now won 31 titles after retaining their league crown this weekend.

The ongoing debate surrounds the 2005 and 2006 Serie A successes that were stripped away from the club as a result of a match-fixing scandal.

But despite the controversy surrounding those two championships, the former Bianconeri boss insists they should count.

“Rightly Juventus and its fans think that the 31 championships have been won on the field,” he said on GR Parlamento.

“If someone has seen fit to remove the two championships is another matter, but the people of Juventus know they were won on the field.”

Lippi, who lifted the 2006 World Cup with Italy, also spoke about his successor with the Azzurri, Cesare Prandelli.

He added: “I see Italy doing very well right now. Prandelli has made a gradual renewal, but a clear and important one.

“After the South African World Cup, a renewal would be required regardless of the final result, and Cesare was able to act in a more than positive way.

"His Italian teams in these two years have often reminded me of the team that I was training. But I must say that even the youth selections are giving good answers.”

Legend
Lippi :delpiero:

Eternal respect for this absolute legend. My favourite manager ever and easily one of the best of all time. Grande Marcello! Miss his cigar-smoking on the sidelines.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
It's debatable. He lost multiple CL Finals, and the 2010 collapse with Italy @ the WC where they finished bottom of a group including a bunch of sheep shaggers, the horse fucker Hamsik, and 2'nd rate drug dealers was shameful and embarrassing.

samfisher5

Jan 30, 2013
It's debatable. He lost multiple CL Finals, and the 2010 collapse with Italy @ the WC where they finished bottom of a group including a bunch of sheep shaggers, the horse $#@!er Hamsik, and 2'nd rate drug dealers was shameful and embarrassing.
Against Slovakia Italy had two goals wrongly disallowed, otherwise they would have gone through. And Italy always struggles in the group stage. ;)

As for CL finals- well, they were all lost due to bad luck and referreing scandals ( Mijatovic scored when he was 2m offside ).

Boksic

May 11, 2005
It's debatable. He lost multiple CL Finals, and the 2010 collapse with Italy @ the WC where they finished bottom of a group including a bunch of sheep shaggers, the horse $#@!er Hamsik, and 2'nd rate drug dealers was shameful and embarrassing.
SAF has had numerous failures in his career too.

Both superb managers

Dec 31, 2008
“Juventus will win the League,” he told La Stampa. “I think the title is already theirs.
“Conte, as a captain, was a real leader, and he has clearly maintained that as a Coach.
“I always knew he would become a good Coach.”

:heart:

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Lippi: Juve need to believe
By Football Italia staff

Marcello Lippi has outlined how he sees Juventus as capable of playing ‘two great games’ against Real Madrid in the Champions League.

The Bianconeri will come up against Carlo Ancelotti’s Madrid in matchdays three and four of the Champions League group phase continuing later this month.

Juve have won four of the last five matches between the two teams in the competition and the author of more than one of those is optimistic for Antonio Conte’s chances of continuing the run.

“We always did well - when we went to Madrid and back in Turin,” mused Lippi to Tuttosport today.

“Yes, as far as I am concerned I have only great memories - the narrow defeat in Spain and then the home victory in the knockout stages to progress to the next round and the semi-finals.

“Of course, now this is not the knockout phase this time, but these remain two very important games - a win would again give great impetus to Juventus’ season.

“The recipe is…simple - belief in their own ability, no awe of the opponent, organisation. The important thing is to believe and this Juve is very similar to my Juventus - they have all the characteristics that they need.

“Besides, Madrid are not so brilliant, so… You will see, we can expect two great games from Juventus.”

The World Cup-winning tactician cast his eye over the start to the Serie A season, which sees Roma leading the way.

“It’s really a great championship. It is as I said it would be, that if Roma found themselves well with a new Coach, that they would have a great season. And they have started with great success.

“Then there is a Napoli that is solid, combative, with quality. And I do not disregard even Fiorentina - I note with pleasure that Beppe Rossi is back to his level.

“Juve? They are taken for granted. In my grid they are in pole position. And they are as strong as before, more than before.

“I read and hear of a drop in hunger, grit, but I do not think so. They have simply changed the expectations of the surrounding environment, but in reality I believe that a team of Antonio Conte’s remains favourite, ready to repeat itself.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)