Marcello Lippi (7 Viewers)

Dec 31, 2008
Monday 19 September, 2011 [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular]
Lippi: 'Napoli and Juve for the title'
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]World Cup winner Marcello Lippi believes “Napoli and Juventus can win the Scudetto,” but Inter, Roma and Lazio have problems.
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The former Italy Coach cast his eye over the current Serie A scene in an interview with GR Parlamento.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“Napoli can win the Scudetto, even if they are superstitious and prefer not to talk about it,” said Lippi.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“They are a fixture of Italian football that cannot be denied. When a team goes to Manchester City and plays with that style, then beats Milan 3-1 with such authority, you can’t go back. My friend Walter Mazzarri must learn to live with the word 'Scudetto’ following him around.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“Edinson Cavani is extraordinary and last night didn’t allow the defenders to stop him scoring, as he hit them all first time. When you’re faced with a striker who moves that quickly, there’s little a defender can do.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Napoli are top of the table with a 100 per cent record, joined by Juventus, Udinese and Cagliari.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“Antonio Conte has given Juve enthusiasm, grit and hunger to fight for every ball, which of course were his characteristics as a player.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“The side is also clinical, which is necessary for a top club. Plus Andrea Pirlo is the midfielder they needed, as giving him the ball is like putting it in a bank and his teammates know it. Juventus can challenge for the Scudetto along with three or four other teams.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Elsewhere, Gian Piero Gasperini, Luis Enrique and Edy Reja are already feeling the pressure after shock defeats.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“Gasperini has to work amid many problems at Inter and once they recover their form, the club will be back at the top. Mind you, it’s impossible to think you can just lose Samuel Eto’o and carry on as if nothing happened.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“As for Roma, I think they are on the right track and Saturday’s game with Inter showed they have a plan. The fans have been intelligent in understanding it takes time to adjust when radically changing the philosophy of the squad.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“On the other side of the city, Lazio already had problems with fan protests last season. It’s likely that after a big transfer spend and that 2-2 draw at Milan, the fans expected something more, but Reja has the character to resist in this situation.”[/FONT]

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Tuesday 4 October, 2011
Lippi: 'Juve believe in title’

Former Juventus boss Marcello Lippi is adamant that the Old Lady can win the Scudetto this season.

The Bianconeri maintained top spot in the table on Sunday with an impressive win against Milan, a tie which the tactician believes confirms their ability.

“The 2-0 win over Milan was worth more than the three points,” the 2006 World Cup winner told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“It was a question of self-esteem, a match that saw them re-find their Juventinity, their first big home win.

“The Juve seen against Milan had enthusiasm, a competitive charge, organisation, wisdom, technical and tactical maturity.

“They also have a lot of potential that has yet to be expressed. There are lots of new players, from Elia to Estigarribia, to still discover.”

Many in Turin, including new boss Antonio Conte, have moved quickly to cool the enthusiasm around the side, but Lippi insists they have championship success on their mind.

“Conte may not want to hear about a title challenge, but they humbly believe,” continued the Coach.

“Why shouldn’t they talk about the Scudetto? Perhaps it was thought that they needed more time. But the League is very balanced and everything is possible.”

Juventus’ start to the campaign has seen comparisons made between Lippi’s majestic Bianconeri outfit and Conte’s evolving team.

“Conte has grit, determination, anger – there was no better man for Juve to turn to,” Lippi said of his former captain in Turin.

“In reality, they also gave it a go with Ciro Ferrara, but he was unlucky for a number of different reasons.”

Turning to his own future, the man who hasn’t worked since Italy’s disastrous 2010 World Cup campaign is keen to get back to work.

“I really want to return to the game. I don’t want to spend another winter in Viareggio – there are fewer things to do there than in the summer.

“I wanted to dedicate myself to my family until autumn and I turned down many offers, but now I’m back on the track.

“I’d like to work abroad and take a country to Brazil 2014 – something is moving.”

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Lippi: Both Barcelona and Madrid wanted me back in the 90's but I was aiming for the biggest club in the world and I went to Juve.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Lippi: Both Barcelona and Madrid wanted me back in the 90's but I was aiming for the biggest club in the world and I went to Juve.
Lippi is a hypocrite though, he even applauded the decision to hand inter our scudetto's when calciopoli broke out. If he were in charge of team instead of Capello, he would have called it bs & stood by Juventus maintaining the scudetto's or at least having it revoked without handing it to any team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)