Marcello Lippi (4 Viewers)

Sep 30, 2006
Wednesday 25 May, 2011
Lippi likes new look Juve

Marcello Lippi has praised Juventus’ moves for boss Antonio Conte and midfielder Andrea Pirlo.

Conte is expected to replace Gigi Del Neri on the Juve bench next term, while the capture of Pirlo from Milan was made official yesterday.

“If Conte is confirmed as the Coach then I think it will be a great swoop for the Bianconeri,” Lippi, who bossed Conte at Juventus in the past, said.

“Antonio is a good Coach and is somebody who is well aware of the Juve spirit.”

Lippi also recognises the quality of Pirlo, a playmaker who was part of his 2006 World Cup winning side.

“Andrea can give a lot to the team because he has so much class that he can sell it,” continued the former Napoli boss.

Lippi hasn’t worked since Italy’s spectacular collapse at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa and he is desperate to get back into the game.

“I’m tired of staying at home,” he added. “I want to experience the atmosphere of a match and training during the week.

“I am evaluating some offers and I hope to find a solution soon so that I can return for next season.”

FI

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Zamparini had his DS approach Lippi about possibly coaching Palermo.

Lippi responded: "How dare you!? A big coach like me.. At PALERMO?

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Love you Marcelo!

Dec 31, 2008
Monday 4 July, 2011 [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular]
Juve will be back, says Lippi
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Marcello Lippi is confident that former club Juventus will return to winning ways under new boss Antonio Conte.

Conte played for Lippi’s Juventus in the 1990s and replaces Gigi Del Neri on the Juve bench after another problematic campaign in Turin.

“Antonio is the flag-bearer for Juventus-ness,” the former Old Lady tactician told the Corriere dello Sport.

“People remember him as an extraordinary player and they love him. If there is the right person for this mission then it is him. But the club have to build a team for him by showing awareness.

“Everyone will need to believe in the project put forward by President Andrea Agnelli and Beppe Marotta.”

Juve are expected to spend big on one top player this summer, with Atletico Madrid’s Sergio Aguero the No 1 objective.

“Aguero is a player worthy of Juventus, there is no doubt about that,” continued the Viareggino.

“This club needs players who are good enough for Juve. Players like Andrea Pirlo, like Carlos Tevez and Giuseppe Rossi.

“The latter is my only regret when it comes to my picks for the 2010 World Cup – I should have taken him to South Africa.”

Lippi has enjoyed two spells at Juventus and he admits that there could have been a third after he won the World Cup with Italy in 2006.

“A few years ago, as you all know, there was a conversation between myself and Juventus. Then it was said that a few subsequent decisions were taken under my direction. It suited people to say such things.

“I did suggest some players, but they were different names and one was actually Marek Hamsik.

“From then until now the player has gone on to the highest levels. He’s the kind of guy who works hard, goes up and down, and scores goals.”

Napoli ace Hamsik is attracting the attention of Milan this summer.
[/FONT]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)