Marcello Lippi (6 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You can say a lot about Lippi, but in the past he has always shown he can build a team. I don't know. Are the other options better?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Marcello Lippi claims he would consider a return to Juventus if he feels the club needs his services.

The 63-year-old was close to a third stint at the Turin giants last year, but it became inopportune.

Since then, he has always denied showing any interest in the job.

“Now there is new management, the best that can be because Andrea is the latest Agnelli to become President and it's a very beautiful thing,” Lippi said. “He has enthusiasm and ability.”

Asked about the prospect of his return, Lippi replied: “Never say never. But this is not me putting forward my candidacy. It's an explanation.

“In fact I have said that I will no longer sit on Italian benches if not for reasons of the heart and the heart leads to a club with whom I've had a special relationship.

“If one day Juventus were to need a hand, and I hope they won't because it means that everything is going well, I would give it to them in any way.”

Too good to be true ?
It's a complete bullshit article. I saw the broader quote elsewhere. He was interviewed about other stuff and so the subject naturally came to Juve's coaching struggles. So they ask the question. What's the guy going to answer? "No frigging way! Do you know how screwed up that squad is? I would rather suck Berlusconi's tiny deck than coach Juve again."

He basically finished that quote above saying that he'd take us on only as a charity case.

So he gives a professional answer, and now everybody's jumping to conclusions. :sergio:

:tup: :lol:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
He would be better than Mancini, spaletti, DN, mazzarri and any other Italian coach we are linked to or could possibly get.

Unless it's wenger, ancelotti, DD or VB I'd take lippi in a second and would be foolish to say no!
I second this!

Lippi had terrible world cup with Italy, that's because Italian football blows. He made the same country a world champion 4 years before of that, and had amazing spell with Juve, not a coincidence is it? The terrible coaches we are rumored to work with are waaay worse..

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Lippi is a legend but also a has been!
He is certainly better than most of who we are linked with but I still want someone who is and not has been
DD maybe VB could be good but my 1st choice is Wenger who seems to get the best out of his players and likes to bring young talent to his teams (Hazard could come here Neymar could come here and Giovinco could fullfill his potential with him in charge)
There are other quality managers who I didn`t mention but I am not sure that Lippi is the right man for us

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'm sorry, but he would still be a great coach. Not sure why people think otherwise, one bad world cup with aged stars and no talent ass clowns (movie quote, + rep to who gets it) like montolivio...we all know italian soccer is in a decline at the moment. I don't blame him for the world cup alone, keep in mind the only goal scored against Italy in free play in 2006 was an own goal...pretty fricking impressive

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
And secondly, he "may be" old skoool but he knows how to keep teams psychologically strong and we all know we need a coach that won't let us crumble like we have the last 2 years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)