Marcello Lippi (9 Viewers)

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
Lippi: I'd like to coach Chelsea

Marcello Lippi has thrown his hat into the ring of potential candidates for the Chelsea job should Carlo Ancelotti get the sack.

The 62-year-old is ready to coach again after stepping down from coaching the Italian national team at the end of last summer's World Cup.

Speaking to Radio Mana Mana, Lippi said: “I miss coaching. This is normal. My years in the game were intense and gratifying.

“There were also disappointments, but this is absolutely normal. You can't always win. In this respect I can't but consider myself satisfied, but the desire to coach is still there.

“I would like to coach in the Premier League.”

When asked if he would be interested in the Chelsea job, Lippi replied: “It would be good, but coaching a national team also wouldn't be bad.”

http://www.football-italia.net/apr13j.html

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
If we were going after the usual overrated Italians to replace the overrated Italian of ours, then I'll take Lippi over them any day.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I'd wish good luck and great achievements for Mr. Lippi anywhere he ends up as long as it's not in a rival Italian team.

Even if he ends up at hated clubs like Liverpool or Man Utd, I'll cheer for him. A ture Juve Legend.

SoulSiick

Schizoid Man
Oct 16, 2007
Marcello Lippi claims he would consider a return to Juventus if he feels the club needs his services.

The 63-year-old was close to a third stint at the Turin giants last year, but it became inopportune.

Since then, he has always denied showing any interest in the job.

“Now there is new management, the best that can be because Andrea is the latest Agnelli to become President and it's a very beautiful thing,” Lippi said. “He has enthusiasm and ability.”

Asked about the prospect of his return, Lippi replied: “Never say never. But this is not me putting forward my candidacy. It's an explanation.

“In fact I have said that I will no longer sit on Italian benches if not for reasons of the heart and the heart leads to a club with whom I've had a special relationship.

“If one day Juventus were to need a hand, and I hope they won't because it means that everything is going well, I would give it to them in any way.”

Too good to be true ?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He would be better than Mancini, spaletti, DN, mazzarri and any other Italian coach we are linked to or could possibly get.

Unless it's wenger, ancelotti, DD or VB I'd take lippi in a second and would be foolish to say no!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)