Marcello Lippi (5 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
What I dislike the most about great managers is their egotistical stubbornness. They are over-confident in their abilities and they think they can make anything work if they put their minds to it.

Lippi was stubborn and thought he could do something with that shit squad he had and intentionally left out better players.

Capello was stubborn and insisted on playing Gerrard and lampard out of position and gave Rooney a role he isnt used to... not to mention fucking heskey.

They just have to deal with the fact that sometimes they have to adapt to the players they have rather than the players adapt to them.

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
Neither Italy or England had a squad that can win the WC, Italy should've made it to the next round and England's best was to lose with less goals conceded and more scored IMO

But I agree that they were very stobborn and arrogant, and also playing football from the 90s

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
What I dislike the most about great managers is their egotistical stubbornness. They are over-confident in their abilities and they think they can make anything work if they put their minds to it.

Lippi was stubborn and thought he could do something with that shit squad he had and intentionally left out better players.

Capello was stubborn and insisted on playing Gerrard and lampard out of position and gave Rooney a role he isnt used to... not to mention fucking heskey.

They just have to deal with the fact that sometimes they have to adapt to the players they have rather than the players adapt to them.
all great managers are stubborn.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Mourinho said he would work the 4-3-3.. He failed the first year and adapted the 4-4-2 to win the title. The year after that, when he had the right players for the 4-3-3, he did it and it worked better than anything seen before. He has the right balance.

Capello, Lippi & Domenech are stubborn

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Mourinho said he would work the 4-3-3.. He failed the first year and adapted the 4-4-2 to win the title. The year after that, when he had the right players for the 4-3-3, he did it and it worked better than anything seen before. He has the right balance.

Capello, Lippi & Domenech are stubborn
Are you talking about Mourinho at Inter? Because the 4-3-3 he tried in his first season there and the formation they won the treble with are very different.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Are you talking about Mourinho at Inter? Because the 4-3-3 he tried in his first season there and the formation they won the treble with are very different.
true but its still a 4-3-3 adapted to the kind of players he had which is exactly my point. He wasnt obsessed with one single plot that HAD to work

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
he was determined to change the Zlatan-dependent system in his first season also, he bought Mancini and Quaresma for that purpose, but it didn't work out...

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I got tired of seeing Ahmed's name as the last post in this thread every time I logged on....nothing important to note. Move on along people, nothing to see here...

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
home
-
Draw
-
away
-
More Betting Odds » Former Italy and Juventus tactician Marcello Lippi has revealed he still has intentions of becoming a coach again.

Lippi admitted he made some errors during the 2010 World Cup, but wants to remain in the football world.

"I have made errors, but I have won a World Cup and want to remain in the world of football," Lippi stated in an interview with Sky.

"In my career, I have done many things right, but I have also made the odd error.

"We must not forget all the right things I have done in the past. My brain works well, and is switched on. I do not feel like I am an ex-coach.

"I will return to coaching, even if I don't know where. Even if this were to not happen, I will remain in the football world because of all the records I have, as they will be written in history," concluded Lippi.

Lippi was recently linked with taking over from Claudio Ranieri at Roma, as well as English side Qeens Park rangers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)