Marcello Lippi (5 Viewers)

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
[In his book Il Gioco delle Idee: Pensieri e Passioni da Bordo Campo (A Game of Ideas: Thoughts and Passions from the Sidelines), Lippi outlined his coaching philosophy. First and foremost, Lippi emphasizes the importance of team spirit and team unity. Lippi likens a psychologically well integrated football team to the functioning of a psychologically healthy family. On the strategic aspect of coaching, Lippi emphasizes the importance of the mutual relations between players. Players must all follow the same plan and play for each other, "not" for themselves. Importantly, Lippi argues that "a group of the best players do not necessarily make for the best team." What is more important, he argues, is that the tactical plan or formation is one that allows each player to maximize (1) their utility for their teammates and (2) the expression of their full potential. Moreover, Lippi also notes that the choice of tactical formation is necessarily constrained by the qualities of the players available. Thus, selecting the best possible team not only requires finding the right combination of players for the chosen formation, but also finding right formation for the chosen players.]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the reason why Marcello Lippi is a legendary coach, he chooses his tactics specifically to bring out the best out of his players. Zinedine Zidane, one of the greatest in the world mentions, "Juventus taught me to be a winner". Lippi most definitely brought out the best out of Zidane and out of other players.

This is what we need at Juventus, a coach that could provide these qualities. Zach proved against Livorno, why he has been sacked by low, mid-table clubs at a yearly basis.

The Board of Directors are killing this club!

Mar 28, 2007
Friends stand up for Lippi Sunday 27 June, 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcello Lippi’s friends and former colleagues are rushing to his defence after the World Cup exit. “The real problem was the players’ fear.”

The Coach took 'full responsibility’ for the worst World Cup campaign in Italian football history, crashing out in the group phase without a single win.

“Marcello is very upset at the situation,” revealed friend Enrico Petri to the newspapers.

“The real problem was in the minds of the players. They were too terrified of the World Cup.

“I don’t think Marcello will end his career like this. He’ll become the technical director of a club.”

Former colleagues are also trying to defend Lippi from the attacks of the media and fans.

“Let’s not forget that if we won the World Cup in 2006, it was almost entirely down to him,” ex-Sampdoria teammate Nilo Bini told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“He is a winner, even if he has some responsibility for this exit. Perhaps his only real mistake was returning to the Nazionale.”

FI

which club? hmm?

mondo1

May 14, 2006
they should leave lippi alone ...sure he made some strange desicions... but he won the fucking worldcup with a squad that nobody thought could win a worldcup

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
they should leave lippi alone ...sure he made some strange desicions... but he won the fucking worldcup with a squad that nobody thought could win a worldcup
Italy squad in 2006 was pretty decent (on bar with the rest of the top teams).

Anyways respect to Lippi, he's my all time favorite coach ahead of many big names like Cappello, ferguson, trap.....

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
I agree. Lippi made a few mistakes, like playing Marchiso out of position and persisting with Gillardino but seriously does anyone else apart from only a very few of us think that Italy just hasn't produced many world class players? I wanted Cassano in the team too but he played at the last Euro and we didn't do any good? To pick Balotelli would be a disgrace, the kid can't even cement a spot at his club , has never won a cap for Italy and people want Lippi to experiment on the biggest stage in world sport? I'm pretty sure that you use the friendlies to experiment and bring in untried players, if they're good they play qualifiers, if they're still good they play in the tournaments.

Apart from Cassano I can't think of another player that deserved a call up that would have made any drastic changes to our fortunes. People should start blaming clubs like inter who do not give anything back to the national squad. How can the most successful team in Italy since the last world cup not have a single player selected in the national team squad. If Italian clubs don't start developing young Italian talent then we will have many world cups like this one...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)