Marcello Lippi (6 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Lippi: Juve crisis isn't my fault Tuesday 26 January, 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italy boss Marcello Lippi says he is not to blame for the crisis currently engulfing former club Juventus.

The World Cup winner is widely believed to have advised the Bianconeri on a number of transfers, most notably those involving Fabio Cannavaro and Fabio Grosso.

There are also rumours that he gave Juventus the green light to sign Antonio Candreva, the 22-year-old who he capped for the first time in November.

Speaking at an awards ceremony, Lippi said: “I feel a great displeasure for this situation, but you have built it up so that it seems everything that happens at Juventus depends on me.

“I advise Ferrara to have a lot of determination and to accept these moments that can happen in a coach's life.

“He started great at Juventus and now instead there is great displeasure, but I hope that happy moments also arrive for him,”
Lippi concluded.

Channel 4
Okay, but he didn't deny that he wanted us to sign Canna and Grosso, and perhaps even Candreva.

So why were folks angry at me when I said Lippi had a part in this? It's clear that he did. And probably for Azzurri purposes as well.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Okay, but he didn't deny that he wanted us to sign Canna and Grosso, and perhaps even Candreva.

So why were folks angry at me when I said Lippi had a part in this? It's clear that he did. And probably for Azzurri purposes as well.
Because their all a bunch of sauce transfusin', nose-pickin', butt-lickin' Eyetalian fans.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
It's unbelievable how Lippi has plotted his own downfall. Nobody in their right mind would come back to emulate a world cup triumph, effectively with pretty much the same team only four years older. I mean why would he do this to himself. It's going to be sad to see him bear all those insults when the Azzurri are embarrassed in the world cup. He should've just returned to help Juventus in '06, even as a director it would've helped his cause more than a scenario like this one.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
I don't think they'd be embarrassed.Italy will be outplayed by the oppositions,but i expect something like Argentina '90 - somehow manage to crawl to the final despite not deserving to be there,and not win it.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I have a feeling Italy will go far in this tournament also, not really because the team is good but because they are desperate to prove they aren't as bad as everybody says. They underperformed in the last two tournaments, but Italy always bounces back at some point and this is their chance.

Say whatever you like about the team but the traditional giants are always contenders when the WC rolls around especially the four of Germany, Italy, Brazil, and Argentina.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
It's funny how some of you blaming on Lippi, like he put gun on our head to sign these players, it's the board and the coach are pathetic that are asking advises from Lippi..

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
I have a feeling Italy will go far in this tournament also, not really because the team is good but because they are desperate to prove they aren't as bad as everybody says. They underperformed in the last two tournaments, but Italy always bounces back at some point and this is their chance.

Say whatever you like about the team but the traditional giants are always contenders when the WC rolls around especially the four of Germany, Italy, Brazil, and Argentina.
where's the desperation here ? :

imo italy has small chances of winning this tournament..lippi, or italy will need time to get this new kids combined with veterans a playing style.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)