Manuel Locatelli (7 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
How much of his decline is due to allegri? This isn't me defending locatelli, has to be better than he is but in all seriousness...can 90 percent of our players be this shit??
I never rated him to begin with. He was never that good - for there to be a decline, there needs to be some level of consistency at the highest level. We've never seen that from him - he's been consistently shit.

Of course Failegri is to blame for a lot of things- asinine formation, zero progress or development in the attacking phase, ridiculous substitutions, deploying players out of position, and passive approach to games for example, but I'm not sure Suckatelli's overall level of play is one of them.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
He might be viewed as good enough if he was to be considered mainly for depth or as the 1st option from the bench to close games out as defensively he usually puts in a decent shift but otherwise should surely not be the main man leading in midfield given how wasteful and inconsistent he is, lesser so as an improvised regista, guy is just not cut out for it as he has too many limitations.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
People love to shit on Rabiot and Mckennie yet those two have a far better career and quantitatively measured performances than this overhyped dude. I wonder why he gets a free pass every time…

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
The absolute drizzling shits. One of the worst performances I’ve seen from a Juventus midfielder since the Tiago and Almiron days. Got turned constantly, kept passing the ball to the opposition, looked slow as a tortoise. I don’t think he’s a world beater and never will be, but I refuse to believe he is this bad. He looked semi-competent under different coaches in his career. And I’m convinced we have ZERO coaching in terms of positioning, tactics, passing, schemes etc this season.

Van Helsing

Oct 2, 2007
The absolute drizzling shits. One of the worst performances I’ve seen from a Juventus midfielder since the Tiago and Almiron days. Got turned constantly, kept passing the ball to the opposition, looked slow as a tortoise. I don’t think he’s a world beater and never will be, but I refuse to believe he is this bad. He looked semi-competent under different coaches in his career. And I’m convinced we have ZERO coaching in terms of positioning, tactics, passing, schemes etc this season.
in short, he is not good enough. even when he was playing good he becomes breathless after 60-65th mins.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
People love to shit on Rabiot and Mckennie yet those two have a far better career and quantitatively measured performances than this overhyped dude. I wonder why he gets a free pass every time…
We know why. Cuz he’s a bumfuck eye-tie.

This dude would ride all benches if he was Murican. Makes Mikey Bradley look good.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
probably the biggest reason we are doing so bad lately. He isnt our worst player, but he just plays stupid football. He has those periods each season - one or two months of great form then turns shit, we really should think of improving.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Tbh a good chunk of his best games here came mainly against midtable teams or relegation level opposition, can hardly ever remember him putting in a semi dominant performance against top quality teams, not that the rest of the team actually helps in those games but just by judging his individual performances he often is a weak link when it matters most, far from being a leader in midfield.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
probably the biggest reason we are doing so bad lately. He isnt our worst player, but he just plays stupid football. He has those periods each season - one or two months of great form then turns shit, we really should think of improving.
Tbh a good chunk of his best games here came mainly against midtable teams or relegation level opposition, can hardly ever remember him putting in a semi dominant performance against top quality teams, not that the rest of the team actually helps in those games but just by judging his individual performances he often is a weak link when it matters most, far from being a leader in midfield.
Great form? Best games?
:lol:

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Locatelli 5 – Juventus didn’t move the ball quickly enough. Should have helped the defence more when Juventus took the lead.

Read this from one of the player ratings for yesterday. Appears this is the MO with this team in general. Especially hurting us in the midfield where I believe that's the most important area to be quickly decisive offensively. Defenses have that extra second to defend. If anyone like to differ/add, please do so. Not near the most knowledge poster here.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Locatelli is terrible.

I have to laugh at myself now for hating on Khedira, Matuidi and Pjanic.

Although they were the beginning of our also decline in midfield they were still miles better than what we have now.

A major issue over the years has been that anytime we sold a player we never replaced them with anyone better except for a small number of times..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)