Manuel Locatelli (26 Viewers)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
So it’s everyone else’s fault?

odd that the seemingly inferior midfielder has no problems notching up assists, killer passes goals and/or goal opportunities

Normally? Define normally? He has sucked for a couple years now so…what’s normal?
Yes, there are double standards here. He gets pretty good treatment in that department still, because he is still pretty young for an (Italian) CM and sometimes plays a good game. I totally agree that McKennie would be totally shitted on here if he made half of the mistakes Manuel makes, even by me.
Tbf I shit on him but still hope he can become someone more useful in the future. Dunno where this hope is coming from because he hasn't really shown any glimpses of consistent good form for like 2 years now.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yes, there are double standards here. He gets pretty good treatment in that department still, because he is still pretty young for an (Italian) CM and sometimes plays a good game. I totally agree that McKennie would be totally shitted on here if he made half of the mistakes Manuel makes, even by me.
Tbf I shit on him but still hope he can become someone more useful in the future. Dunno where this hope is coming from because he hasn't really shown any glimpses of consistent good form for like 2 years now.
That’s where I don’t get the “normal” part.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
So it’s everyone else’s fault?

odd that the seemingly inferior midfielder has no problems notching up assists, killer passes goals and/or goal opportunities

Normally? Define normally? He has sucked for a couple years now so…what’s normal?
The team plays in a way that stifles creativity. Vlahovic should be receiving the ball much further forward, he shouldn't have to play hold up against bottom feeder clubs. Chiesa isn't a SS, he picks the ball up deep, but give him the ball wide and he's far more effective. Cambiaso is a defensive player, but is the wide outlet and expected to play as a 4-3-3 winger in the attack phase. We're doing all this without a B2B as well. What the hell will Locatelli do in such a mess of a team? How comes Kostic goes from top assist man to bench in a season? He's asked to play more defensively this year is what. After Yildiz showed so much promise, he's on the bench for what?

We play rigidity all the time. We've been more adventurous lately, but we leak goals now yet Allegri never changes formation or tactics. What were those subs in the Atalanta game? What was he trying to achieve.

Nobody has been great for us so it's so hard to judge who really is good or bad, but I'll give the players a chance purely because Allegri tactics have been crap for 3 years straight. I get that misfits should be sold, but surely the whole squad can't all be misfits. Watch our players go on international duty and quickly adapt to modern tactics and see how much better they are.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
The team plays in a way that stifles creativity. Vlahovic should be receiving the ball much further forward, he shouldn't have to play hold up against bottom feeder clubs. Chiesa isn't a SS, he picks the ball up deep, but give him the ball wide and he's far more effective. Cambiaso is a defensive player, but is the wide outlet and expected to play as a 4-3-3 winger in the attack phase. We're doing all this without a B2B as well. What the hell will Locatelli do in such a mess of a team? How comes Kostic goes from top assist man to bench in a season? He's asked to play more defensively this year is what. After Yildiz showed so much promise, he's on the bench for what?

We play rigidity all the time. We've been more adventurous lately, but we leak goals now yet Allegri never changes formation or tactics. What were those subs in the Atalanta game? What was he trying to achieve.

Nobody has been great for us so it's so hard to judge who really is good or bad, but I'll give the players a chance purely because Allegri tactics have been crap for 3 years straight. I get that misfits should be sold, but surely the whole squad can't all be misfits. Watch our players go on international duty and quickly adapt to modern tactics and see how much better they are.
And this is why I think it's not everyone else's fault, but rather that of a certain individual :agree:

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
  1. Does he suck? Yes.
  2. Do I have a soft spot for him? Yes.
  3. Do I want to see him under a proper coach? Yes.
  4. Would I mind the club selling him for a decent transfer fee (say no less than what we paid for him)? No.
  5. Which is more likely to happen, 3 or 4? 3.
Conclusion: #AllegriOut
wow u actually concluded what 90 % of this forum thinks about him, including me, thanks !

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He's not agile with the ball and his long passes are hit or miss.

On the whole though, I think he's good. He has work rate and screens the defence. When he actually gets around the box, he has vision. He is never there though.

His ultimate position is still a mystery. It's probably not regista.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
when the entire team is sucking the pointing should towards the coach. why are the players not shining? why are they not working on positive forwards passing?

if you guys remember even in his final season before getting fired allegri made khedira, pjanic, and matuidi look like bad passers. it's not a coincidence.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

sensible post. I like it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)