Manuel Locatelli (22 Viewers)

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Remember how different we looked pre-Conte and post-Conte? We only signed 3-4 key players that summer but that was enough to transform the entire team. I do believe Locatelli's one of those players who will look better after a change of manager, and/or with better players around him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Remember how different we looked pre-Conte and post-Conte? We only signed 3-4 key players that summer but that was enough to transform the entire team. I do believe Locatelli's one of those players who will look better after a change of manager, and/or with better players around him.
Core of the squad finished 7th previous season.

BBBC, Marchisio, Quags and Matri.

However, those 3-4 signings we made were game-changing. Particularly Vidal and Pirlo.

We might need a mercato like that where we make game-changing signings in midfield.

I agree with you though. He could be a useful player under a better coach and better players around him.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
if we had the 2011 version of vidal, pirlo and licht now, we'd actually have a title race

i don't even know who could be their current equivalents though. sure i don't follow football i used to so it's on me too, still, midfielder talents or class players aren't so obvious now. regardless of their price, i'd be happy to have players like rodri or bellingham for sure, but considering jj's financial issues, i have no idea who are the potential replacements for all of our mids. either way, loca was a huge downgrade on pjanic and he's one of the reasons why we suck

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Core of the squad finished 7th previous season.

BBBC, Marchisio, Quags and Matri.

However, those 3-4 signings we made were game-changing. Particularly Vidal and Pirlo.

We might need a mercato like that where we make game-changing signings in midfield.

I agree with you though. He could be a useful player under a better coach and better players around him.
We are probably counting on Giuntoli to find us those 3-4 players for the same prices. He's trying. This summer is do or die for him. Or not, considering how little the owners are involved in the club.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I am not sure if we need to necessarily recreate the same kinda midfield but if we were to hypothetically do so, I would love to get Toni Kroos if he's available. It's just that finding a Vidal type midfielder especially at a bargain price is almost close to impossible.

We have been strongly linked to Samardzic, Koopmeiners and Ferguson. The latter option seems to be a very concrete idea.

I don't think any of these players would elevate our midfield right away but maybe put them alongside an 'experienced champion' like Kroos and our midfield might not look half bad.

We have three top players that we can build the team on for the next couple of years. Chiesa, Vlahovic and Bremer.

And then we have players who could potentially be mainstays for the next 5-6 years or more assuming they develop to a level we expect.

Guys like Cambiasso, Fagioli, Yildiz, Locatelli, Gatti(?) etc

I keep hearing here that we need to sell everybody bar 2-3 players. You cannot overturn 90% of the squad. We have to be prepared to believe that some of these players will be playing at JJ for a long time.

Bonucci and Barzagli were considered jabroni's in 2011. Marchisio was considered a mediocre talent. Look how that turned out.

We just need a coach and sporting director who are aligned with the same vision. Hopefully we make some solid reinforcements and put it all together to form one solid cohesive (and watchable) team.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I am not sure if we need to necessarily recreate the same kinda midfield but if we were to hypothetically do so, I would love to get Toni Kroos if he's available. It's just that finding a Vidal type midfielder especially at a bargain price is almost close to impossible.

We have been strongly linked to Samardzic, Koopmeiners and Ferguson. The latter option seems to be a very concrete idea.

I don't think any of these players would elevate our midfield right away but maybe put them alongside an 'experienced champion' like Kroos and our midfield might not look half bad.

We have three top players that we can build the team on for the next couple of years. Chiesa, Vlahovic and Bremer.

And then we have players who could potentially be mainstays for the next 5-6 years or more assuming they develop to a level we expect.

I keep hearing here that we need to sell everybody bar 2-3 players. You cannot overturn 90% of the squad. We have to be prepared to believe that some of these players will be playing at JJ for a long time.

Bonucci and Barzagli were considered jabroni's in 2011. Marchisio was considered a mediocre talent. Look how that turned out.

We just need a coach and sporting director who are aligned with the same vision. Hopefully we make some solid reinforcements and put it all together to form one solid cohesive (and watchable) team.
We won't and cannot replace most of the squad. Like you say, the right coach and system will make even jabronis look like good players.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

xabi alonso and his leverkusen managed to build a team to make bayern munich look like current juve. his team is based around rejects from bayern munich, celtic, arsenal and benfica.

coaching matters.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
xabi alonso and his leverkusen managed to build a team to make bayern munich look like current juve. his team is based around rejects from bayern munich, celtic, arsenal and benfica.
sneijder, eto'o, fabinho, robben were all real rejects. de bruyne and mbappe were rejected by chelsea at one point of their careers. pirlo was a milan reject. in fact pirlo (and funnily enough, also baresi) was rejected by inda too. kane is an arsenal reject.

etc it's an endless list

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
Basically our team needs players that are comfortable with the ball at feet. Sadly the one who's most capable of that is close to retiring from football.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Terrible tonight. Couldn't pass if his life depended on it. Come to think of it, general skills by everyone were top class shit! Why could he or anyone pass??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)