Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
No. More in the style of Thiago Alcantara
Except not as good, of course.

I'm fine with brigning in Locatelli for a decent price. He's not amazing by any means, but he's looked better than Bentancur recently. But I also agree we desperately need an SMS-like player with some creativity. We simply don't have anything further up in midfield to create; Ramsey sucks and Mckennie should be used as a b-to-b getting into the box for some goals.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Except not as good, of course.

I'm fine with brigning in Locatelli for a decent price. He's not amazing by any means, but he's looked better than Bentancur recently. But I also agree we desperately need an SMS-like player with some creativity. We simply don't have anything further up in midfield to create; Ramsey sucks and Mckennie should be used as a b-to-b getting into the box for some goals.
Agreed.

Locatelli is a very good player, like a much smarter and a bit more mobile version of Bentancur imo. He won’t be enough on his own though. Need an all action B2B CM to complement him in the midfield.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
What do we do with Arthur if we get this guy
I assume Locatelli takes over deepest lying midfielder and Arthur plays LCM. Then again its hard to know what to expect of next season.

We will probably spend another summer cobbling together random available players, no cohesive plan in mind, and leave it to a coach with barely any experience to put it all together

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No. More in the style of Thiago Alcantara

What? He is nothing like Thiago in duties and skillset on the pitch.

Unless you mean Thiago Motta.

Thiago is basically 8.5 or a nr 10 type, super creative attacking playmaker, technical wizz that makes your team tick, he played AM for bayern...

Locatelli is a smart holding DM, with decent passing feet and covers defensive duties adequately. More orchestrator then a defensive destroyer type of DM, but still not a true pure playmaker like a Thiago, more of all around skillset that keeps things balanced.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Thiago is basically 8.5 or a nr 10 type, super creative attacking playmaker, technical wizz that makes your team tick, he played AM for bayern...

Locatelli is a smart holding DM, with decent passing feet and covers defensive duties adequately. More orchestrator then a defensive destroyer type of DM, but still not a true pure playmaker like a Thiago, more of all around skillset that keeps things balanced.
Does he pass forward or only sideways?

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017

Thiago is not a 10, nor does he play AM for Bayern. Thiago played in the double pivot of a 4-2-3-1 for Flick. Thomas Muller plays the "AM" role. When Muller is not playing the 10 but playing more on the wing, Goretzka plays the 10. The season before last, when Muller wasn't occupying the AM slot, James was playing it. Thiago plays further back. In fact, Thiago's tackling is one of the highlights of his skillsets, he is a complete player and plays in the center of the pitch.

Also at Liverpool, Thiago plays further back than 1 or 2 of the other midfield 3. Never AM.

Neither Thiago, nor Locatelli, are DMs, or AMs. They are central midfielders, or simply midfielders, as to attach a specialty detracts from the normal midfield role for many players like these ones. Bayern and Sassuolo play the same formation, and Thiago and Locatelli play the same role in it.

Magnanelli and Obiang have more of a defensive midfield profile in Sassuolo.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I assume Locatelli takes over deepest lying midfielder and Arthur plays LCM. Then again its hard to know what to expect of next season.

We will probably spend another summer cobbling together random available players, no cohesive plan in mind, and leave it to a coach with barely any experience to put it all together
Arthur should be playing further forward anyway. He's a defensive liability at regista.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
About Thiago being an AM, or Locatelli being a DM. To show with stats
player matrix.png

See the clear difference in profile with proper attacking midfielders like Eriksen (in Spurs) and Bruno fernandes.

Thiago's numbers are better than Locatelli's but the profile is similar of the first two players, and the last two. The AMs completely slack in defense, make 30 passes less per game, but create twice as many chances and many more assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)