Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Why would you say that? He has been doing great with Lazio. Is it because he sucks for the Serbian NT? I think the NT of Serbia sucks as a unit, they are underperforming for a while now.
I think he's limited and way overpriced. I try to ignore NT because we suck despite having great individuals.

People act as if 50mln would be a great move but imo he's worth half of it. Imo Sergej would be a great signing if we had a great mid trio, and have him as 4th player who'd get many minutes but not as a starter. I don't think he's worth the money.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
I think he's limited and way overpriced. I try to ignore NT because we suck despite having great individuals.

People act as if 50mln would be a great move but imo he's worth half of it. Imo Sergej would be a great signing if we had a great mid trio, and have him as 4th player who'd get many minutes but not as a starter. I don't think he's worth the money.
He maybe is a bit overrated I agree, but no way he is worth 25m in todays market. If he comes here somehow, he will be a starter for sure. And if we manage to ger him for 50 I think it would be a great deal.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011

Limited? He's literally as all-round as they get.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Not sure what to think of Locatelli and De Paul. They seem to be good but playing for Juventus is a totally different universe than Sassuolo or Udinese. They both were released in the past by bigger clubs in Milan and Valencia. Obviously it doesn't mean they would fail here 100% but it's just something to take into consideration. Especially that they would cost a fortune.

We won't buy if we don't sell though. We would need to find suitors for Ramsey, Rabiot and Bentancur first.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Not sure what to think of Locatelli and De Paul. They seem to be good but playing for Juventus is a totally different universe than Sassuolo or Udinese. They both were released in the past by bigger clubs in Milan and Valencia. Obviously it doesn't mean they would fail here 100% but it's just something to take into consideration. Especially that they would cost a fortune.

We won't buy if we don't sell though. We would need to find suitors for Ramsey, Rabiot and Bentancur first.
True, but then again Chiesa was also playing in Fiorentina and now he is our second best player. Locatelli would be huge here I think. De Paul would be my plan b if we fail to get someone better.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
True, but then again Chiesa was also playing in Fiorentina and now he is our second best player. Locatelli would be huge here I think. De Paul would be my plan b if we fail to get someone better.
Yeah, it's always a risk with those big fee transfers. Take a look at Tonali. Milan paid over 30mln for him and he's hardly setting the world on fire there. He's still young though but maybe the resources could have been spent elsewhere and it would bring an immediate effect for the Rossoneri.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Yeah, it's always a risk with those big fee transfers. Take a look at Tonali. Milan paid over 30mln for him and he's hardly setting the world on fire there. He's still young though but maybe the resources could have been spent elsewhere and it would bring an immediate effect for the Rossoneri.
I think Tonalli is a bigger risk than both Locatelli and De Paul. He is more for the future type of player, while Locatelli and De Paul are more experienced players.

I agree though that both are still a risk, like you said it isnt the same to play for Sassuolo and Juve, but I think that Locatelli would be huge here. Seeing him play just confirms this for me. I maybe wrong though...

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
I really don't see how either Locatelli or De Paul are the key to our success at the moment. I understand its what's realistic with the current financial situation at the moment, but we really do need an SMS type buy to at least even dream about the possibility of becoming competitive in champions league again. Like Quazis said they're probably better suited to their own respective clubs because of the system of play there. No guarantee that Pirlo will utilize these two properly and it might end up being another gamble that could cost us big in the future. Perhaps first let's see how Locatelli does in the euros under a different system to see whether or not he can be reliable.

Nejc

May 13, 2006
@GarfielD What is it about Locatelli that you like so much? I watched 4 or 5 last Sassoulo matches and while it is a small sample I don’t remember seeing anything that would make him a “must have”. The same if you check his stats.

I think replacing Rabiot with him without spending extra money would be a good move (even more so if there would be some money saved on wages), anything else is just a waste of resources and time needed to get him to gel with the team.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
We'll see.

My guess is that he either stays at Lazio like Berardi stayed in his club, or he moves in a big club and fails.
Not saying you're wrong about the overrated thing ('though I don't agree) but he scores short range, long range, free kicks, headers. He assists, recuperates, holds possession. Limited is certainly a word I wouldn't use.

As for a transfer, I'd get Loca first and then the prize determines what next for me...

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
I've been impressed any chance I've got to see him play but I mostly want to sign him cos he's got a cool sounding name and when he scores a rocket wonder goal we can call him Manuel Rocketelli :scarf1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)