Mafia 2018! (4 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
You being lynched was the definite turning point of the game btw. Everything I knew about life went out the window
If it is any consolation to @Fresh, I am pretty sure him starting the vote against me that morning (even though it was an obvious personal vendetta, he voted for me the previous day, and I explained that numerous times) is what killed me. I have no idea why people followed it but it worked :boh:

Fresh got me :p But really that's just more reason that he shouldn't play future games.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
If you look back at the vote counts it really looks like the people who picked up votes in this game did so largely by being active. In the early days you have little to go on so you go on little (and the people posting are the ones providing that) but still that's kind of a sad state of affairs and testament to the issues of having so many inactives cause this game.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
You didn't get it and it actually cost us the game.

What I suggested with the 3 out of 5 players deciding who to go for was exactly the same principle you pushed for just better planed. You had no reason to fight me on that at all if you stopped and tried to listen because you were actually the one who gave me the idea.

If you think about it and we actually pulled that plan off we might have won the game. Sorry if I was harsh on you but I really wanted you to get it.

It was Me, Klin, Radekas, ALC and maddy.

1 G in there,possibly two, eventually we would have decided on Maddy I believe, just because of me and ALC being there all we had to do was convince Klin or Radekas if he wasn't recruited already. we could have replaced Radekas once he was jailed, with you even if you got where I was going and then we would have lynched Maddy for sure.

Not your fault but everyone else as well me included for not pushing hard enough. I was disappointed and I regret not pushing harder, lesson learned.

- - - Updated - - -

It was anything but obvious.

See my post above, also what made you suddenly drop Maddy case? it was just too sudden, you didn't even show slight internet in any post I made going after him ,I knew you were smart enough to see I had some very strong points if you only wanted to. I gave you credit so it just screamed G

You refused to understand me even though I was only following on your own idea and logic with tweeks meant to plug the holes in your original idea. It seemed like you just insisted on keeping those holes for a some agenda.

I mean Klin was the Jailer, if we followed your plan he would have lynched me most probably :D and we would have lost anyway. It was just too random especially with all those new players. Try and look at it from my point of view

- - - Updated - - -

Also @pitbull I hope it doesn't come off condescending but I think you have potential to be a very good player. You had good intuition and your counter-arguments were very good until that Jailer thing. Now that I know you weren't a C I think you just fell in love with your own idea and it kind of distracted you

You were a big reason why I was so locked on at Maddy, you going after him about the first day voting was spot on.
5 players deciding the vote is the same as deciding it openly. There was always going to be a G in that group, that is happy to agree to lynch a C, so thats not reliable at all. Most likely outcome was me or Klin just like at the end of today.

As for Kyle complaining about being lynched - dude you changed your votes like a maniac in the 2 days, literally 10 times both days, including going for blondu, who you yourself had publicly judged to be a C. And then when people suspected you, you responded by attacking those voting for you lol

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
5 players deciding the vote is the same as deciding it openly. There was always going to be a G in that group, that is happy to agree to lynch a C, so thats not reliable at all.

As for Kyle complaining about being lynched - dude you changed your votes like a maniac in the 2 days, literally 10 times both days, including going for blondu, who you yourself had publicly judged to be a C. And then when people suspected you, you responded by attacking those voting for you lol
A majority decision of 5 of the most experienced players in the game (were the G's would still be in minority) is vastly superior to a single, arbitrary decision from a random player who is most likely a noob, that is even without accounting for the fact he might have been recruited. How in the hell is that even remotely reliable?

You need to understand that it wasn't and still isn't about who's right, I wanted to achieve a result and that was lynching Maddy, it should have been obvious to you if you have followed the thread and your own initial intuition. It was totally doable as I already explained to you but since you weren't able to put your ego aside you couldn't see it. I've actually told you stright that I'm going for Maddy with this:

Pretty sure I've got ALC with me, Hopefully @radekas as well since he is good enough to take the chance and do some digging of his own. I thought I had you as well but we'll get there
I literally asked you to wait while I'm away so we can form a plan, a better one:

I'll ask the the Jailer to wait until this afternoon before doing anything. We might have a safer (Edit: then yours) way to get 2-3 C's together
You should have been the last person to oppose this, you surprised me. It seems I've should have just told you all who to vote for on day 3 instead of messing around trying to convince you guys. Thinking about it now I should have just pushed for a head to head between me and maddy, I guess I just got burned out towards the end

Above all that this is a game first, where you play by making the best educated guess possible, that's is the whole point. Your suggestion was completely the opposite from how the game is played.
Better to lose because the G's played you then losing by letting a random player pick a name from a hat. where's the fun in that? we can play bingo instead

You are free to disagree but your idea was rejected unanimously so you might want to take that as a sign

- - - Updated - - -

Most likely outcome was me or Klin just like at the end of today.
And what would be the most likely outcome if the jailer who you don't know votes? exactly.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
5 players deciding the vote is the same as deciding it openly. There was always going to be a G in that group, that is happy to agree to lynch a C, so thats not reliable at all. Most likely outcome was me or Klin just like at the end of today.

As opposed to what? Agreeing with them in voting for me?

I laid out my reasons. Fresh voted for me for personal reasons, had nothing to do with him suspecting me as a G. You named my reasoning on day one as spot on and the reason you suspected Maddy as a G but for some reason you then voted to lynch me the next day?? It made no sense to me at all...did you think both Maddy and I are Gs and for some reason I was attacking him on the first day?

I also explained, numerous times, why I voted for Blondu despite being pretty sure he was a C...because the alternative was Tomice. I have played this game enough times to know that 90% of the time the first day comes down to a lynching of two Cs. You simply don't know enough about the game, the Gs know almost everything, the first vote is almost always between two Cs that is simply how it breaks down. and, while i didnt know for sure either persons role, I picked saving Tomice over saving Blondu. I explained this to you multiple times in the thread. I would do it again too. It was a sacrifice, I clarified this to you, and look Tomice was by far the MVP and almost won the Cs the game so I was right to do so. If I had cast a vote like you did, meaningless one for someone who had no other votes simply to protect myself from suspicion, Tomice might have been lynched first day. Get it now?

And I changed votes randomly throughout the day to try and provoke something because the thread was frequently dead. That isn't indicative of anything really. It's not as if I was changing my vote right before a deadline and shifting the game. A quiet thread benefits only the gangsters. They are already in a position to win from the start so obviously they don't want to shake things up.

If you are a C you need to aggravate, risk getting lynched, try to make something happen otherwise you just slowly lose.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
oh yesterday also worked out beautifully for us

Kyle got lynched for no reason at all :lol:
I was prettty sure you or Blondu were a G on the first day. Somehow, you managed to keep a low profile after the first few hours and I forgot about you.

- - - Updated - - -

My biggest question, how was Blondu so convinced that Tomice was a C?

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
I was prettty sure you or Blondu were a G on the first day. Somehow, you managed to keep a low profile after the first few hours and I forgot about you.

- - - Updated - - -

My biggest question, how was Blondu so convinced that Tomice was a C?
Not sure he actually was 100% convinced honestly, @blondu?. he is a good player and I think he just figured he had a better chance with the voting against someone more suspicious than me. I couldn't believe the voting will actually end in a tie, I still don't know why I got those votes on day 1.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
And what would be the most likely outcome if the jailer who you don't know votes? exactly.
in this case jailer was Klin who initially wanted to lynch radekas. I don't know why, but he turned down the opportunity to confirm that he was a C up until jailtime, came begging us to lynch radekas when he was the main lynching suspect and tried to salvage the situation by saying he's the bodyguard :lol:

And you dude didn't go 100% after Maddy, you came after Maddy and Klin and afterwards also me all at the same time saying lets vote for whoever, they're all Gs. Getting 5 players together (as if it was even possible) and deciding as a smaller group would've landed on me or Klin, because Gs would've wanted that and you would've agreed, 80% of your Maddy theory was built on Klin being a G.

That's why your plan never works, Cs always have multiple suspects and the Gs just have to support their wrong suspicions. In a 5G vs 7C scenario, shot in the dark vote which had no influence from the Gs was the best hope for civilians, even if it was coming from a noob (and in this case it was one of the supposed experienced players). Still don't understand why Klin didn't go for it

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Pitbull do have a point in regards to the Klin/me situation. Altho Tomice was correct about me, it had nothing to do with Klin. Us gangsters calculated, that if I was lynched it would fall back on Klin.

And my first day vote on tomice was a random first day vote. It was literally to create a head to head situation between Blondu and Tomice. The two loudest players on day 1. Keep focus on the C's and play them out against each other.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Well that was fast. Didn't expect to be whacked day 1. Thought more like day 2-3.
Glad that i had Wittl at least, not glad people were not interested in him at all even tho he was the most suspicious day1. :boh:

Gs having ADP, Wittl and Monty was kinda easy mode tho. Would be very hard to spot them, props to @Maddy for organizing them anyway.

@Fred technically game shouldnt have been over though, even though its 5 v 5 , one of the G's could be jailed
The rules of the game are that when the numbers equal, the game is over.
yeah, could have waited one more day. Number was even but Cs had jailer, lawyer and BG in normal circumstances (no Jethro :D) they could have a slight chance of winning.

I much prefer being a C - ideally the bodyguard. :D

If I can survive, that is...
This is why we need more regulars, to survive 3 days at least... :D I was thinking about going public on day 2 looking that there were not that many veterans and they gonna be quickly killed.

Yeah, all in all. We changed from (völler i think) because I sensed Piotrr had a special role I think he psoted that the detective shouldnt investigate blondu.
That was a very good spot. Makes all the difference for G's when you can get the detective early
Didn't post anything like it.

Fuck you :lol:

If I wasn't playing this goddamn game by myself I would have had you
You do remember that I truly did'nt want to lynch Blondu though. I only had to do it cause damm @radekas And sidd came out of nowhere without reading the thread att all :lol: and deflected the whole discussion
My hunch that those who defend Blondu are G's wasn't that off though
Dude you and radekas fucked up so bad in the first day i wondered how the hell experienced players can be so eager to lynch blondu. You could have had ADP and Wittl since day one but decided to drop this for blondu with applause from rade. And those who defended blondu were me and Klin mainly.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
in this case jailer was Klin who initially wanted to lynch radekas. I don't know why, but he turned down the opportunity to confirm that he was a C, came begging us to lynch radekas when he was the main G suspect and tried to salvage the situation by saying he's the bodyguard :lol:
You are totally missing my point, not really surprising since you did it throughout the game and got yourself lynched. The game is over, who the fucks cares who Klin could have gone for if we were to follow him, the Jailer could have been anyone else. My point was you couldn't have known, hindsight is'nt a great way to win an argument.

You clearly got yourself lynched if you still have doubts. Not according to me, mind you, but according to the G's who all saw it coming from miles. If it was obvious for them then ask yourself why, even better ask them what you did wrong and learn from that. Clearly you don't care for my opinion so why bother.

Even worse than your idea or getting yourself lynched, you have hijacked the discussion for most of the day, wasting everyone's time and yours, distancing us from the most important thing in the game, actually discussing who we should lynch. You didn't make a single significant argument against anyone in the most crucial point of the game that I can remember, which is sad cause you started the game really well.

And you dude didn't go after Maddy, you came after me, Maddy and Klin all at the same time saying lets vote for whoever, they're all Gs. Getting 5 players together (as if it was even possible) and deciding as a smaller group would've landed on me or Klin, because Gs would've wanted that and Maddy had a good alibi. Which I also fell for.
Those 3 names I gave at the end of the day had nothing to do with my earlier suggestion about the voting. this two are completely unrelated so.. you were in there only because you rejected my idea before that you know :lol:

If it's still not clear to you who was the person I was actually going for this all game then I can't help you. You can go over my posts if you want, you can start with my last post above.

You can't say I haven't tried though, I babysat you that whole day cause I believed you will finally get it and frankly I didn't have that many other players to work with until Klin got his act together, otherwise I would have probably have given up much sooner.

Finally a small correction, I didn't go after you by choice, you practically raped me to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude you and radekas fucked up so bad in the first day i wondered how the hell experienced players can be so eager to lynch blondu. You could have had ADP and Wittl since day one but decided to drop this for blondu with applause from rade. And those who defended blondu were me and Klin mainly.
Me and Radekas on day one? what?

You are totally misjudging the situation imo. I was clearly angry at radekas and Sidd that all day for going after Blondu the way he did, they just didn't bother to read the thread before they jumped in, I even called him names at one point :lol:.
They were clearly going after Blondu for a totally different reason then me and well after I laid off him.

I have actually defended Blondu strongly on the D bullshit they blamed him for. I said few times that I'm not sure thin Blondu was a G but as soon as I got of his case the bandwagon on me started and I couldn't have done nothing but save myself. My angle was never about blondo being a G or not, It was about who defends him to get credit and that why I stared looking at Klin,Kyle and Maddy.

You can read my posts again but I clearly wanted to vote Maddy that day

I also wanted to go for two of the useless voters of day one on day two, ADP,Jethro and wittl but no one came on board. There is a limit to how much I can push on my own, I think it was Maddy who shut it down pretty quickly. this was a really tiring game

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
You are totally missing my point, not really surprising since you did it throughout the game and got yourself lynched. The game is over, who the fucks cares who Klin could have gone for if we were to follow him, the Jailer could have been anyone else. My point was you couldn't have known, hindsight is'nt a great way to win an argument.

You clearly got yourself lynched if you still have doubts. Not according to me, mind you, but according to the G's who all saw it coming from miles. If it was obvious for them then ask yourself why, even better ask them what you did wrong and learn from that. Clearly you don't care for my opinion so why bother.

Even worse than your idea or getting yourself lynched, you have hijacked the discussion for most of the day, wasting everyone's time and yours, distancing us from the most important thing in the game, actually discussing who we should lynch. You didn't make a single significant argument against anyone in the most crucial point of the game that I can remember, which is sad cause you started the game really well.

If it's still not clear to you who was the person I was actually going for this all game then I can't help you. You can go over my posts if you want, you can start with my last post above.

You can't say I haven't tried though, I babysat you that whole day cause I believed you will finally get it and frankly I didn't have that many other players to work with until Klin got his act together, otherwise I would have probably have given up much sooner.

Finally a small correction, I didn't go after you by choice, you practically raped me to do it.
so all game you were going for Maddy 100% and would've done it in day 3 finally, but I forced you to vote for me, by wasting discussion time, got you. :baus:

and it doesn't matter because the game is over, but you're still writing paragraphs after paragraphs, ok

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Didn't post anything like it.
You kind of did so I wont be going around pointing fingers if I were you :D

- - - Updated - - -

so all game you were going for Maddy 100% and would've done it in day 3 finally, but I forced you to vote for me, by wasting discussion time, got you. :baus:

and it doesn't matter because the game is over, but you're still writing paragraphs after paragraphs, ok
:lol:

Is that long enough for you?

I really tried to be cool and give you detailed explanations. I guess it's not appreciated huh?

Anyway real nice of you go after me like that, one of the only guys who actually bothered to play the game like it should be played. It took me 3 days because I was playing with a majority bunch of cowered who were so afraid of making any decision or mistakes that they would rather let some else decide the game. wtf did you do all game beside not voting maddy cause it didn't look good :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

It's not about me or you if you still don't get it, but yeah, You were just that good at getting yourself lynched that I with the rest of the C's forgot all about dear Maddy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)