Lukaku a̶n̶d̶ ̶K̶e̶s̶s̶i̶e̶ thread. (26 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
the good thing about Kessie is he knows serie a, scores a lot of goals for his position, doesnt have an extensive injury history, and is under contract until he's 30. To be honest, I haven't watched him at Barca, but the guy I saw at Milan/Atalanta would be a nice player to have. Also, Rabiot is on a short term deal and Pogba is always hurt. Good insurance.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
True but Napoli also never had Juve's budget, so the threat they'd be stealing Inter's top players wouldn't have been taken as seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

who says hes fucking around? The lukaku stuff could just be to throw everyone off the scent of the real target. Straight from the Moggi playbook.
Like who? and it clearly didn't work and I don't even think that's his intention, like I said he has no time to fuck around playing games with inter when we have more pressing issues to solve

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...Kessie ... scores a lot of goals for his position...
6 seasons in serie a, 204 matches, ~17k minutes, 41 goals, 23 penalties.

non penalty goals: 18. one goal @ every 942 min

(for random references, rabiot in serie a: 713 minutes per non-penalty goals, sergej 378, marchisio 725, vidal 429, vidal for juve only 390)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
6 seasons in serie a, 204 matches, ~17k minutes, 41 goals, 23 penalties.

non penalty goals: 18. one goal @ every 942 min

(for random references, rabiot in serie a: 713 minutes per non-penalty goals, sergej 378, marchisio 725, vidal 429, vidal for juve only 390)
in the last year he ranks in the 73rd percentile in non penalty goals, and in the 83rd percentile in non penalty xG, and those numbers are below his averages in serie A

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
in the last year he ranks in the 73rd percentile in non penalty goals, and in the 83rd percentile in non penalty xG.
last season he scored
- one league goal (vs real),
- one in the cup (vs ceuta),
- one in the cl (vs plzen)

if that's enough for 73rd percentile then good for him. i wouldn't call him a goal scorer, the majority of his goals came as the penalty taker at milan when he scored like 10 penalties in one single season

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
last season he scored
- one league goal (vs real),
- one in the cup (vs ceuta),
- one in the cl (vs plzen)

if that's enough for 73rd percentile then good for him. i wouldn't call him a goal scorer, the majority of his goals came as the penalty taker at milan when he scored like 10 penalties in one single season
lol ok, lets break down everyones goals and who they were against. I'm sure Rabiot, SMS only scored against the best right?

The guy is well above average at scoring goals, and has been his entire career. This is a fact.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
lol ok, lets break down everyones goals and who they were against.
that's not the point. he scored 3 goals, of which 2 against vastly inferior opponents, yet stats portray him as an excellent goal scorer. being in the best 27% is excellent, still, the reality is that i looked up a few random guys and all of them had better stats for their serie a careers. and again, you were saying kessié scores a lot of goals, where the lot was THREE, so there's that too

but sorry to disturb you with facts, please go on about kessié and his excellent goal scoring record.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
that's not the point. he scored 3 goals, of which 2 against vastly inferior opponents, yet stats portray him as an excellent goal scorer. being in the best 27% is excellent, still, the reality is that i looked up a few random guys and all of them had better stats for their serie a careers. and again, you were saying kessié scores a lot of goals, where the lot was THREE, so there's that too

but sorry to disturb you with facts, please go on about kessié and his excellent goal scoring record.
and you brought up Rabiot who scored more than half of his goals against maccabi Haifa, Empoli, and Sampdoria. Two can play this game of yours

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Kessie is a good midfielder. Box to box and dynamic physical impact. Decent ball control, excellent tackles and sharp simple passing.

Bur he is not an attacking CM known for open play goals. It was clear those numbers were inflated because he took pks for Milan. Unusual type of player to take them. But he did well at them. Only shared duties with Ibra after he missed one time lol

You don't need him to score goals to appreciate what he brings to the table. He doesnt make that kind of runs into the box.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Kessie is a good midfielder. Box to box and dynamic physical impact. Decent ball control, excellent tackles and sharp simple passing.

Bur he is not an attacking CM known for open play goals. It was clear those numbers were inflated because he took pks for Milan. Unusual type of player to take them. But he did well at them. Only shared duties with Ibra after he missed one time lol

You don't need him to score goals to appreciate what he brings to the table. He doesnt make that kind of runs into the box.
explain him being in the 70/80th percentile in non penalty goals/expected non penalty goals then.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
and you brought up Rabiot who scored more than half of his goals against maccabi Haifa, Empoli, and Sampdoria. Two can play this game of yours

He had 11 or 12 goals scored last season. This is a weird thing to argue about.

- - - Updated - - -

explain him being in the 70/80th percentile in non penalty goals/expected non penalty goals then.

I have no idea about those advanced stat xg stuff really. I don't pay attention to them for football.

All I know is I watched his whole career so far, and unless it was the anomaly season he was taking pks, and scored 13 (10 pks), he has been around 3-7 goals a season player. That's not a player who tends to be that attacking. Which is fine he is a defensive all around CM who hustles well and decent in possession.

And s4tch told you what his goals per minutes are too. So I dont get what the confusion or argument is here.

Plus we don't need him to be scorer so why cling to this.

Last edited:

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Seems that Al Hilal is back for Lukaku...

If you know how to pray do it and if you dont begin to!

We need those arabs to take him so Allegri cant bring him here!!

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
he scored one league goal. what are you even arguing about.
those stats are for the last calendar year, so it includes goals he scored for Milan. And he wasn’t a starter at Barca and played significantly less, so hard to really evaluate the season he just had. Also dealt with injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)