OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #64
    Benfica: Luisão And Nélson For Sale

ews daily A BOLA reports that Benfica are willing to hear offers for defenders Luisão and Nélson...

Nélson's newfound transfer status isn't much of a surprise. But while the Portuguese right-back has been linked with the exit door for some time - with reports suggesting the interest of Sevilla and Aston Villa in his signature - Luisão's place at the club had always seemed rock solid.

It comes down to money. The Eagles are reportedly interested in using the funds from these two big transfers to sign players for the areas of the team that are in need of reinforcement.

Although the release clauses of Luisão and Nélson are set at €20 and €25 million respectively, Benfica are thought to be willing to off-load the two footballers for smaller fees.

Foreign interest in Luisão should be plently, as the newspaper suggests that the the 27-year-old has been tracked by the likes of AC Milan or Liverpool.

Nélson, meanwhile, is believed to be unhappy with his current salary at the Lisbon-based club, and could well eye a move to a bigger side, or one in a more cash-happy league, to be rewarded with better wages.

The pair are now on the market, and the Eagles are expected to cash in their sales and spend the money on signings for the new campaign.

goal.com

Nélson is good.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #66
    I agree he is overrated and I agree about those three.

I`d still like to see Carvalho or even Alex here.We don`t need average defenders anymore.Now we need just one very good/world class defender to put him next to Chiellini.

Even though I doubt we`re going to sign any since our staff have hight hopes on Mellberg.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
    I agree he is overrated and I agree about those three.

I`d still like to see Carvalho or even Alex here.We don`t need average defenders anymore.Now we need just one very good/world class defender to put him next to Chiellini.

Even though I doubt we`re going to sign any since our staff have hight hopes on Mellberg.
    Luisao is not overrated..

Everyone knows he's shit:p

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)