Luis Suarez - Forward - Liverpool (20 Viewers)

If possible, would you sign Luis Suárez?

• Yes, he's a great player

• Yes, but only if the price is right

• Begrudgingly, his talent outweighs the negatives

• No, his character doesn't reflect well on Juventus

• No, he is almost subhuman

• Kill it, kill it with fire!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I'd take Suarez over Ibra personally. Dunno how many agree with that.
Suarez isn't really an arsehole he's just plain idiotic and can't control his temper when he's on the field. He's had two big on-field incidents involving opponents only. Ibra is an arsehole though. He will compromise the well being of his own squad and will go about disrupting a clubs environment if it means he can feed his ego. Plus Suarez ain't old.

Jul 10, 2006
I'd def take Suarez over Ibra. Ibra is a straight up mercenary... Suarez really does love the clubs he plays for, he shows heart and passion. He just makes some really stupid decisions.

Plus Suarez is 26, he's just getting into his prime, his best years may still be ahead of him. Ibra is 31 and starting the twilight of his career. It;s a no-brainer, imo.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Suarez over Ibra? lol.

Ibra is an asshole, but I respect an asshole that can back his shit up, rather than hannibal lecter over here.

Honestly, who the fuck bites someone?

Ibra over Suarez any day of the week, even with personalities aside, Ibra is a much better player.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
People will still want him.

Makes you wonder if the people that want him, despite biting someone, are the same ones that dont want Balotelli.

I hope those people clarify their stances. :)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

Makes you wonder if the people that want him, despite biting someone, are the same ones that dont want Balotelli.

There is only the small factor of the actual quality of both players to consider. Suarez is a genius and WC player. Is he worth the risk? Yes.

As for Balotelli, he is a good player, but over-rated by so many. He's not in the same league/category as Suarez; far from it in fact. Now, taking the obvious difference in quality between the two players, ask yourself the question, is Balotelli worth the risk? The answer is a resounding no.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

Well Suarez prefers biting opponents while I could imagine Balotelli biting a teammate somewhere down the line.

Suarez is a nutjob but when he puts on your shirt, he's not hurting your team in any way really. He's hurting the other team, literally lol.

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
For any of you claiming that Suarez is a racist: the dude is from Uruguay and the nickname El Negro is a very common one. They do not make a distinction between the different shades of black, so Evra is considered a Negro while Suarez in his turn is also considered a Negro by others in Uruguay.

Just to set this straight before some headless chickens draw all their conclusions based on what is hyped in the media.
Besides, the dude is a winner and will do anything possible to win and upset you during the game. If biting is necessary and he is totally provoked, he will do it. You can put all your moral issues aside when it comes to competitiveness and sport. Do not for a second believe that you are ever playing/watching a fair game, there's always some shit going on in sports. I'd rather have my players be competitive and bite someone for once than dropping on the ground with every touch they receive and fall like they have been hit by a sniper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)