Luis Suarez - Forward - Liverpool (98 Viewers)

If possible, would you sign Luis Suárez?

• Yes, he's a great player

• Yes, but only if the price is right

• Begrudgingly, his talent outweighs the negatives

• No, his character doesn't reflect well on Juventus

• No, he is almost subhuman

• Kill it, kill it with fire!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I'd settle for 22m + Krasic as well, simply because Krasic represents very little value to us and Suarez would do wonders for us.

B81 :tup:

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Luis Suarez has overtaken Robin van Persie as the man the Italian media are pushing towards Juventus. The Dutchman's poor Euro 2012 has left many in Italy wondering if the huge amount of money involved in any transfer would be too much of a risk and as such alternatives are quickly being pinpointed.

Yesterday and today Tuttosport ran with front page stories about a potential transfer to Turin from Merseyside. It's not a new situation for Luis Suarez to be linked with Juventus, when Kenny Dalglish left the Italian press were on it within hours like vultures spotting easy meat.

But how likely are Juventus to go for him and how likely is it that a transfer would happen, is it just Italian sport newspapers filling their front pages with exciting stories or is there anything in it?

Well Juventus are clearly looking for a striker, they won Serie A last season unbeaten but didn't have one player score more than ten goals in the league. More potency upfront is something the club desperately need. Suarez himself only managed eleven league goals but in a more successful team he'd be able to add to that.

Suarez certainly fits the bill on what Juventus need but can they afford him? A genuine interest in Robin van Persie would suggest so. The Uruguayan would probably be cheaper in fee and wages than the Dutchman. For months there's been rumours in Italy that Juventus would try to get Suarez on the cheap and use the player's desire to leave, if it existed, as a lever in that.

In May Gazzetta dello Sport said Juventus were ready to pounce for the player but would not pay what Liverpool want. The Merseyside club paid just over £20m for the Uruguayan and GdS said Juventus wanted to give them €20m for Suarez, which would be less than what their outlay was.

It seemed ridiculously cheeky at the time, GdS claimed Liverpool are willing to sell the striker but not at anything below €30m. You'd think the only reason they'd sanction a transfer is if the player himself had said he wanted out. Furthermore, they said Juventus exec Pavel Nedved flew to Barcelona in May to speak to Suarez's agent, who is Pep Guardiola's brother.

The fee quoted today inside Tuttosport is 18m plus Milos Krasic. The 27 year old Serbian has been pushed to any club in Europe who may want him by Juventus and if Liverpool aren't keen than more cash would be put forward.

So if the Italian media are correct any fee would be a point of contention but that's usually the case. The next situation is to wonder whether the player himself would be up for a move.

Luis Suarez has stated several times that he's happy on Merseyside and if those quotes are taken at face value than you'd say he was staying but given the amount of times footballers have said that and been off months later, it's not any great swing. Juventus are Serie A champions and stand-out favourites to win the league again next season, his acquisition would only enhance that chance.

They're in the Champions League which is something Suarez won't have next season and didn't have last year either. Liverpool finishing in the top four next season is far from being probable and would be viewed as a big success for the Merseyside club. Given all of that, it's conceivable the player would be tempted when a club at the top table of current European football comes knocking.

He's still only 25 though and the thought of becoming an Anfield legend and helping them regain their glory days must be tempting. He has a special relationship with the Liverpool fans and thrives on that, it would be a big decision to give that up.

Another aspect is whether the Juventus fans are desperate for him to go to Turin. Fans don't make signings but in Italy groups of supporters hold a lot of sway, their opinion counts for something and it helps to have their backing. A recent poll stated that the majority wanted Napoli's Edinson Cavani, with Robin van Persie the next option and Luis Suarez trailing some way back in third.

Napoli probably won't sell Cavani after losing Lavezzi to PSG and Robin van Persie is seemingly out of the picture, leaving Suarez as the next option.

So all of these scenarios could suggest one result or the opposite, it's however an individual takes their view. But the biggest issue of all could be whether Liverpool are willing to sell.

It would be a bad sign to supporters and not a great start for new manager Brendan Rodgers. Suarez will fit in with the football he likes to play and probably be moved more wide as part of a front three, if he can get the personnel right, allowing him to come into the box at an angle - a situation where he is at his very best.

The club need to show they're moving forward and selling Suarez would suggest the opposite, after him how many genuine top level players do Liverpool have? It would harm chances of making fourth and attracting new talent.

Surely the only way Luis Suarez leaves Liverpool if is he demands to do so. So whatever Juventus and the Italian press say, the power lies in Merseyside and if the Anfield club aren't interested, and Suarez doesn't kick up a fuss, then he'll be starting next year in his shiny new Warrior kit.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...are-liverpool-to-lose-luis-suarez-to-juventus

"It's true that Luis and I have talked about Juventus. He has asked me about the club without going into any details," Caceres stated to Tuttosport. "I told him that Juventus are a team that always want to win. He liked what I told him about the club, but he's happy at Liverpool at the moment." - Martin Caceres

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Ok, I feel extremely stupid right now.

Is Omar Makkovic B81?

The only thing that I could find on the internet was something called "Men Seeking Women in Tunisia", and being at work, there was no way in hell I was going to click that link.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Vucinic - Matri - Suarez
(Giovinco) - (Destro) - (Pepe)​

is probably more likely. I think Conte would want a tall target man in the centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 93)