Luis Suárez - ST - Barcelona (23 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
Listen, this club has been severely mismanaged since the 2017 CL final. I think all we all agree it´s f´ed up that a club of stature are broke right now by FFP standards. In my perfect mercato would a 33 yo Suarez/Cavani or 35 yo Dzeko be my dream signing? Of course not. Barca fans are laughing at us right now, but they´re in more shambles than us.

It is what it is. We´re broke and if we raise money it has to be for a younger guy in midfield, which I agree with (hopefully Aouar). In terms of cheap solutions, Dzeko is as static as Higuain if not more, Cavani does have the workrate but is a proven choker (Dzeko too). Reportedly he also rejected us in the past due to his Napoli ties.

More than football qualities, this team lacks heart, will, dog mentality and killer instinct. That´s why we lost 2 domestic finals and crashed out to Lyon. None of those teams were better than us on paper.

We desperately need intangibles in this team. This is where Suarez fits perfectly in, more than his qualities as a footballer. This guy is a borderline psycho at times and will do anything to win. Dzeko is a nice guy. He won´t solve anything. Suarez gives me some sort of hope. Is it ideal? No. Can it potentially work? Yes. One thing for sure, when CR was screaming for help against Lyon, I would rather had Suarez beside him than Higuain, Deschi or Dybala.
Mentality wise, Suarez fits right in the Juve DNA. I believe if Barca hadn’t signed him back then, we would have been the perfect club for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I really think Gonzalo still can do something for midtable premier side
Or newly promoted team such as Leeds, they only need to pay his salary

He can go on free loan, then getting him for free the year after if he actually produce

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Again, nothing to get excited about. A greedy lazy fuck on a huge salary coming in. I hope it's only two years + an option for a third, and not a straight three year contract (that would be suicide).

Positives:

He's better than Higuain
Two year contract?

Negatives:

Everything else

May 25, 2019
Again, nothing to get excited about. A greedy lazy fuck on a huge salary coming in. I hope it's only two years + an option for a third, and not a straight three year contract (that would be suicide).

Positives:

He's better than Higuain
Two year contract?

Negatives:

Everything else
If we sign him how do you see them playing Dybala assuming that CR7 is the left wing and Suarez plays in the box?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

Positives:

He's better than Higuain
Two year contract?

Negatives:

Everything else
Im not really in favor of this deal due to his high wages but honestly its not a bad deal.
We are getting a currently great player for 2 years.
I do think he will decline in his second season BUT considering the market and objectives there isnt too much we can do better.
We still need to address our midfield and defense (Unless we play players outside their natural position which would also not allow them to play at their best..)

Dont get me wrong - Im definitely not excited about this deal but it is still better than to waste 50M on an average forward...
Also I really think we will be pressing hard for Haaland next year.
Pogba might also be a possibility due to his contract although we all know Man Utd rather lose their players for free than sell them cheaper than their original demands..

- - - Updated - - -

If we talk about Cavani - I agree as Cavani asks for too much and is pretty finished so we only spend more on wages.
Suarez is different as he is clearly better than both and is yet to be finished (although he will be there in a year or two)

Jun 16, 2020
Saw some posts on VS forum, people saying that Suarez will get a 6,5m contract, up to 10m with bonuses. That he really wants to come to us, and was willing to accept a lower wage, even lower than Dzeko and Higuain, and that he still believes in his own qualities and that’s the bonus part.

They were quoting GDS, I can’t read it because it are those premium member articles.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Saw some posts on VS forum, people saying that Suarez will get a 6,5m contract, up to 10m with bonuses. That he really wants to come to us, and was willing to accept a lower wage, even lower than Dzeko and Higuain, and that he still believes in his own qualities and that’s the bonus part.

They were quoting GDS, I can’t read it because it are those premium member articles.
Gazzetta indeed published this. Too good to be true imo but I hope it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)