Luis Suárez - ST - Barcelona (15 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Wait, so he's getting paid massively to leave Barca and now also wants massive wages of around 14m? Give him 4m.

GTFO. Get Dzeko.
They are negotiating the severance pay just like we're doing with Higuain. Barca havent paid him anything yet. There is disagreement in both Barca's and Juve's camps about the severence pay for their respective strikers.

And us signing Suarez will also depend on how much Barca will be paying to relieve him.

I think everything should be sorted within a week.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Zizi you need to calma a bit with this Higgy hate of yours. Even last season Higgy only became shit after the COVID break. Before that he was regularly staring for us and doing his job reasonably well. There are a lot of shittier strikers than Higgy and yes Morata is comfortably one of them.
Higgy is finished, he's been for a while. At Milan/Chelsea he scored what, 10 goals for a season. And besides goalscoring he doesn't offer that much. He had that honeymoon period at the beginning of this season when people were laughing at Milan and Chelsea for not taking him, but that was a short burst in a 2 year period. His decline was evident from 2018 onwards and it manifests in the fact no one even wants to pay 18M for him. Not last summer and especially not this. Morata is outscoring him for 2 seasons in a row, same Morata who people laugh at for how little he scores for a CF.

Jun 6, 2015
Higgy is finished, he's been for a while. At Milan/Chelsea he scored what, 10 goals for a season. And besides goalscoring he doesn't offer that much. He had that honeymoon period at the beginning of this season when people were laughing at Milan and Chelsea for not taking him, but that was a short burst in a 2 year period. His decline was evident from 2018 onwards and it manifests in the fact no one even wants to pay 18M for him. Not last summer and especially not this. Morata is outscoring him for 2 seasons in a row, same Morata who people laugh at for how little he scores for a CF.
Sorry Zizi, but I think I'm going to have to disagree and just trust my own opinion on Higgy this time. For whatever reason I don't quite feel comfortable taking your word as gospel when it comes to Higgy :p

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Sorry Zizi, but I think I'm going to have to disagree and just trust my own opinion on Higgy this time. For whatever reason I don't quite feel comfortable taking your word as gospel when it comes to Higgy :p
So you think he can play for us still? I doubt he'd even set the MLS on fire

Jun 6, 2015
So you think he can play for us still? I doubt he'd even set the MLS on fire
No, I agree that it's time for him to go. However I don't agree with the sentiment that he was useless for us last season or that every striker including guys like Morata were better than him.

Last edited:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
If you had to choose, Suarez or Dzeko?
Honestly? Neither, lol.

Either is a crazy idea to say the very least. Seems like we'll need to pay some transfer fee and then comes the wages part. Both things are on unacceptable to me, especially if you consider their age and desire to get that last fat contract. We should be looking elsewhere, seriously. No big clubs in on Juve's shelf does that shit.

It's alright to have a smaller name on the bench, even natural in our situation - our stars are CR7 and Dybala, end of story. You can't bench Dybala, nor move him to the wing, that experiment has already failed. Both will play the majority of the games anyway, that's the way with them.

I think we the fans have been spoiled the last couple of years with that push for CL. It's nice to witness record breaking-signings, the enthusiasm etc. but this has to stop. It's not sustainable, even worse: it's destroying the club's financial stability. That short term success has become an obsession that will impact the long term well being of the club if the management don't wake up.

I mean, either of Dzeko and Suarez is a bench striker for me. No, a bench striker can't make 7m+ net salary here. As far as I know it doesn't happen at Madrid (except for Bale?), Barca, Bayern etc... I'd like to rule out the oil clubs here, our club is not on that shelf. Hell, Juve is behind everybody financially when you take into consideration the top dogs in the game.

Who instead of them? Luckily it's not my problem but I wouldn't rule out keeping Higuain for the next 6 months just to sign Milik on cheap in January. Then, get Kean back here asap, hopefully he'll be eager to prove something. With a proper team behind, Kean and Higuain can score in Serie A. If you ask about CL, then we're not winning the damn thing anyway, especially with the old farts like Suarez and Dzeko, who have no legs for it anymore and we should be the ones to know perfectly well by now that's what is needed more than ever before.

We can win against Sampdoria with CR7 - Dzeko/Suarez - Dybala but in CL we'll get run over again. Even in Serie A you don't want it away at Verona or Bergamo. This shit won't work, we've been there before.

Unpopular opinion, I know. To me neither Dzeko nor Suarez give guarantees, these are just well known names who should be in MLS now. Not everyone is Ronaldo and that's ok. The club's job is to see this through, otherwise we'll be in the same situation next year, just swap Higuain's name for Dzeko's or Suarez's.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
No I agree that it's time for him to go. However I don't agree with the sentiment that he was useless for us last season or that every striker including guys like Morata were better than him.
Well, opinions on that aside, I think Dai was talking about right now, which I don't think anyone would take Higuain over Morata

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
He wants 10m/season apparently.

Would you do it? 2 year deal, no transfer fee.
If it's just between him and Dzeko, yes, without a doubt,

If there are other younger,more promising options in contention for the same spot then it's clearly a no-no to both oldies and we should obviously focus on building for the future instead of taking gambles on high risk with no resale value solutions, but in this case unfortunately is going to be i think one or the other, which both are long past their prime.

Hopefully it won't come back to bite us in the end and will help improve the team even if only temporary, all in all i really wish we could just avoid this but we already know it's likely happening.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If we give this fucker 10 million, then Dybala is right to demand 12+ million. And no, I don't give two shits about the whole tax BS. That's the club's problem and the players shouldn't give a fuck either. If I've been working for a company for 5 years and they bring in some old fart who's slower and less motivated and pay him more than they pay me, I'd be pissed and fuck my boss's wife as a minimum consideration.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
If we give this fucker 10 million, then Dybala is right to demand 12+ million. And no, I don't give two shits about the whole tax BS. That's the club's problem and the players shouldn't give a fuck either. If I've been working for a company for 5 years and they bring in some old fart who's slower and less motivated and pay him more than they pay me, I'd be pissed and fuck my boss's wife as a minimum consideration.
Serious question , who'd you choose according to current rumors, Dzeko at 7-8m + 10m transfer fee or Suarez at about 10-11m with no transfer fee included?

Also, IMO, our wage structure has been as random as it gets, based on high paid market opportunities and shady renewals for a few good years already, add then how much CR7 earns and there's no way Dybala is not already demanding over 10-12m tbh.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
He wants 10m/season apparently.

Would you do it? 2 year deal, no transfer fee.
Don't know about all of that money. However, 2 year deals are the best. Usually the player is so motivated to prove everyone wrong that it wouldn't surprise me if Suarez scored 20+ goals next season. If you're lucky he'll perform his 2nd season however he'd be 35 at that point and we'd look somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)