Luigi "Vergogna" Delneri (9 Viewers)

Finish the season with or without Del Neri?

• Yes, keep Del Neri till the end of the season and then fire him

• Fire Del Neri now and replace him with someone else till the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
The thing is motivation is not something that can be fixed immediately, if we are going to bring a new coach that would only cause a honeymoon atmosphere for a team that have mediocre-good players, but if the players are good-excellent that feeling would last for a long time.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Rumours of Guildolin in the Summer.
guidolin is not a bad manager, he is highly intelligent in how he exploits his opponent's weaknesses, but a manager that requires patience as he has shown with udinese this season, something Juve don't have right now. Personally i think its fair to say that he is perhaps one of the best managers in the league.

DeLiriuM

Oct 25, 2009
Why is this piece of **** still our coach...
Here we have a saying - pick one, hit the other. Anieli & Magotta are as bad as the old one's, just cuz of the fact they haven't fired del neri YET!

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
That's just stupidity, Cron. I don't think our owner needs to milk anything, he is already wealthy beyond all of our wildest dreams and what makes you think a new good coach wouldn't "be allowed" to build a competitive team? You sure as hell don't know that and this IS the team DN wanted to build, it just isn't good enough. Get a coach that wants good players and I am sure the club will get the players.
By allowed i mean, he wont get the necessary support to do it, financiall mostly.
He wont be allowed to buy quality players, that will make us competitive, but young and Italian junk, not the Cassano, Pazzini, Ranocchia like, but the overrated left overs.
The ones who are destined to fail, because they are just not talented enough to become top, the ones average Italian clubs, like the new age Juve have.
The ones who will keep the Italian fans happy, even if we fail everywhere, just because we have an Italian core and successful clubs dont.

The ones that will make the fans hope, but these false hopes, will only remain a fool man's dream...
It is clear evidence, that our transfer strategy on the past 5 years at least, is based upon this strategy, it cant become any more evident that that!
Let alone the fact, that our owners never hid the fact that this was our primary target, those men do take pride of their failures and keep repeating the same mistakes.

An ex is the LB, since Zambrotta left us, this team needs a quality starter LB, but our owners did everything possible to avoid investing into the player, our team needed the most.
Although Italy cannot produce a decent LB or LM, we insist on trying Italians with quick fixes, free agents and loans and refrain of buying one quality player.
Instead we stack up central midfielders and SSs, who always appeased the fans.

A quality LB would not appease the fans, but would make us more competitive, but thats clearly not what we aspire to become...

Some goes, more or less, with the coaches we are hiring, the are... limited, we are just wasting time, def not building smth.
That was clear as day, when we kept Ferrara, he was a fan favorite and there was a trend of young and clueless coaches, former players, due to the success of Guardiola.
Once again, the intend was clear that we had no ambition for that year, neither the near future, as it was when we selected DN, a proven failure, who was never won and will never win anything. A loser that only holds some relate value in Italy and mostly only because of his comments.
Thats all our board cares about.

Also the importance it was given by our board over the derbies, one more time demonstrated that they just want to keep the fans dellusional and distracted and dont get about a consistent collection of points.
Our aim since calciopoli was to keep the fans distracted, increase spectacle by adding players who offer spectacle to the Italian fans (they brought Iaq , then bought Amauri just for that reason and now Toni, Matri etc)
And they said it clearly that we dont aim to win anything, just play offensively, appease the masses and bring more fans to the stadium, in order to create more income. How can they show that their only purpose is milking, any better than that?

We lose valuable players, in transfers, for a couple of mils, but when we want to get someone who will appease the Italian fans and sell jersey, we waste millions, despite the fact that this makes our team more incompetent...

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
We were rotten last season. It was by far the worst year I have experienced as a juventino since first joining the flock in the early 90s. Heads had to roll, both off and on the pitch. However, there was talent in the squad, and a sturdy spine. Buffon, Chiellini, Legrotaglie, Marchisio, Melo, Diego, Giovinco, Trezeguet, Dp, Iaquinta...Our obvious weaknesses were wide midfield players and fullbacks. Its debatable whether Trez was allowed or asked to leave, but the rest stayed put, other than Diego and Giovinco. To replace some of the flair that had left, Quagiarella was signed. But in hindsight, it was a clear mistake to loan out la formica atomica. Whose pace, invention, free kick abilities and dribbling skills, have been totally absent from our play, especially since Quagiarella got crunched. Not one other player in our squad capable of combining pace, flair and dribbling. DP has flair, and can dribble, but zero pace/stamina. We needed fullbacks and wide midfielders. Del Neri and Marotta were coming off a solid season at Samp, and after Secco+ Ranieri/Ferrara/Zacheroni, most of us were at least happy for what seemed, at least in terms of form, an upgrade. Marotta's work can not be judged just yet, though must be judged at the end of the season, along with DN. The sporting director had a hard job in reducing the average age of the squad as well as wages, but was there any real need to make such widespread changes???As I keep repeating, we needed primarily, fullbacks and wingers. I do believe Marotta has done a decent job...he is not Moggi, but even Moggi made mistakes, and Marotta's true value will be seen from how he deals with his own mistakes...such as jorge martinez.

Del Neri did well for the first half of the season. he had the team playing decent football, the grinta had reappeared. And then...that parma game returned us, amost instantly, to the lethargic, spiritless horrorshow of last season. We have been there since. against Inter and cagliari we played well,, but in every other game we have been disjointed, lacking energy, cohesion, often unable to string together more than two passes...going a whole game without ONE SHOT ON TARGET. Wherever we finish this season, we will have failed our main objective, of champions league qualification. That should be enough to see Del Neri sacked. I wouldn't mind seeing him go now, if we had someone more suitable lined up, but we don't, so he must stay. When I read of him saying 'we have improved' after yet another horrid performance, this time against our old enemy Milan, i begin to give up on the man. How would Capello or Mourinho or Ferguson or Wenger react??? Rage, disgust, assurances to the fans that they know as well as we do, that we are in dire straits, and something needs to change, maybe the manager, maybe the formation, but THIS SIMPLY CANNOT CONTINUE...simple fact is, Del Neri has failed. As have the players, yes...but if DN cannot get us playing at least half attractive football, and winning a few games, he has to go.

Ranieri>Ferrara>Zacheroni>Del Neri>......Yes I am aware that chopping and changing managers every season cuts the hamstrings of any hope of continuity, conhesion, connectivity of the squad and club as a whole. So who we bring in, must be different to the four we have had in recent times, and also obviously here for a long haul. There is a link between our last four managers, a common thread of lacking a winning mentality. A manager who players will believe can improve them as well as bring them silverware. A winning mentality comes from winning titles and cup competitions. What have any of our present and previous 3 managers won? The news of Louis Van Gaal's prospective departure from munich raises my eyebrows with intrigue. He has always appeared to me, as a foul faced Kunt. But at the same time, he most definitely knows what it means to win BIG. He is not my ideal choice, but given our problems, which seem mainly mentally/spiritually rooted, he represents a large step in the Right direction. Because...he knows how to win. Could we afford him???thats another issue. But what is for sure is that we need strong leadership on the sidelines, and a manager whose history speaks for itself. Not a Conte, or Vialli, or Spalletti...An experienced WINNER. If we can afford to waste 12m on Martinez, who truly has given us nothing this season, then I do not see why we can't pay Van Gaal several million per year. Maybe as much as 3-5m per year. This club demands and deserves something stronger than Del Neri, who seems a good man, sometimes tactically clever, and sometimes a good motivator, but sadly lacking that special something which creates the Fergusons, Capellos, Hiddinks, Mourinhos...DN is losing grasp of the situation, if not has already lost it, hence strange decisions like playing two prima puntas, instead of DP (or martinez as an SS) and a prima punta, for a game in which our main creative outlet from the centre of the park is already missing (aquilani). 41 points from 28 games, which is apparently our worst points haul since 3 points for a victory was introduced. three games since we scored a goal, and yet Milan excepted, as they are a decent team in fine form, we have shown total failure in front of goal against the fierce armoury of Lecce and Bologna...I hope that the players can lift themselves. I hope that DN proves me wrong and turns everything around. but the way things are looking, as they have done for the last year or three now, is that we are going nowhere, fast, without a Manager at the helm who can infect the team with hiw own well proven winning mentality and history....

(as a side note...when is de ceglie back?)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Rumours of Guildolin in the Summer.
Hopefully just BS.
But, first Del Neri does good with Samp and we hire him and now Guidolin does well for Udinese and we want him too? What about waiting to see if those coaches can repeat their success instead of going with those one season wonder coaches?

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Hopefully just BS.
But, first Del Neri does good with Samp and we hire him and now Guidolin does well for Udinese and we want him too? What about waiting to see if those coaches can repeat their success instead of going with those one season wonder coaches?
:tup:

We need to start spending on high quality coaches before we ever think about players...
As if five years of torture weren't enough :sergio:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Hopefully just BS.
i know what you're saying but id rate guidolin higher than DN any day, Guidolin seems to be better prepared against his opponents, although he has a tendancy to be a slow starter, but picks up pretty quickly as he is showing now with udinese, Palermo would be a better team than they are now or even ever under delio rossi had zamp been more patient, strange to think why he brought guidolin back for a second stint, only to sack him again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)