Luigi "Vergogna" Delneri (22 Viewers)

Finish the season with or without Del Neri?

• Yes, keep Del Neri till the end of the season and then fire him

• Fire Del Neri now and replace him with someone else till the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
His mentality is weak in the way he approaches games.
Mentality? He defines the phrase, "Your shit is weak."

I would only keep him if we expect to hunker down as a club at sub-European-qualifying midtable irrelevance for a while and we're looking to save cash. Otherwise, he has no place.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
That also comes down to quality though.

The likes of Roma will attack us and we can exploit that while the smaller teams will sit back and we don't have the quality players to break them down.
it's always easier to counter attack
we do lack the quality to dominate play ourselves but I feel there is also too much pressure on our players
we, the fans, always want them to win and some of our players can't handle that
when we play top teams they seem more relaxed, strangely enough
that's the difference between top players and mediocre ones

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
it's always easier to counter attack
we do lack the quality to dominate play ourselves but I feel there is also too much pressure on our players
we, the fans, always want them to win and some of our players can't handle thatwhen we play top teams they seem more relaxed, strangely enough
that's the difference between top players and mediocre ones
Well Marotta said recently that we need to sign players that have "experience who know how to better manage the most difficult situations."

So hopefully next season he will address that issue.

Juventine

Little Witch
Jul 11, 2008
Del Neri, in his Doria time, has already shown that he's a coach who only knows counter-attack. True, the fact that Juve of this season playing counter-attack better, with little idea facing small teams who also play counter-attack, has to do with lack of quality (top players ), but then again, isn't Del Neri and his counter-attack style and his not technical-focus approach football an important reason for the purchase of some players, i.e. Pepe? I don't know if Del Neri is the one who wants Pepe, but even not so, he as a coach, could object the purchase if Pepe is not his type of player. If he liked Giovinco and Ekdal, they would stay at Juve. These are not top players (or yet) but they have better feet, surely could have provied more dimension and quality to this team. Del Neri had the opportunity to build a different team and he lost it.

We need "top players". However, the lack of "top players" is an excuse for Del Neri's failure. Italia of Prandelli plays a better football and gets results compared to that of Lippi in WC2010. There are not actually "top players" to choose from. Prandelli just replaced Lippi's team with more technical players, younger players with less rigid football and more attacking mentality and technical approach.

We don't necessarily need a big-name coach, IMHO. And if the replacemente of Del Neri is an unproven small/mid-table team coach as him, surely it is a risk but it's not meaningless! Most of the big name coaches came from small teams first anyway. One of the important principals to choose an unproven coach is not how many points he has brought to a small team, that he has got this small team into Champions League etc, but whether his football philosophy is for big team. We did not follow this idea by appointing Del Neri! I'd rather have Malesani or Gudolin, at least they appreciate technical players (rather than Del Neri who likes Pepe and sent Giovinco and Ekdal away)!

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
after all these past few years, I honestly don't believe the level of the coach (mediocre coaches) is the only problem... I mean, look how coaches like mancini won the league, allegri and leonardo competes for scudetto, how can anyone seriously believe del neri or even ranieri are worse than these former 3?
They're young coaches who don't play rigid football.

Come on guys, one lucky win and all of a sudden he's ok? This guy has proven himself to be shit much more often than not. It would be inexcusable to keep him and would show we're content with someone who's mediocre.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I'd like to believe that. Del Neri should be out on his ass for missing out on the CL with the budget at his disposal.
Sorry but while I too, am tired of del neri's lack of attacking coaching, and how he didnt do shit about the crap mentality, i say :

budged, what budged ?

we all know marotta sold players and cut wages in order to make the summer transfers and loans

there was no budged, and del neri didnt had anything to say about it.

marotta cant be blamed eighter, cause he did alot with what he got (alot of crap to clean)

if anyone is to blame for the budged, blame agnelli, for giving us NOTHING last summer.

this summer : new coach, and a real budged, so marotta can fix the crap we have

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)