Luciano Moggi (16 Viewers)

Shall we move Moggi's thread to the [Legend] section?

• Yes, move it to the legend section

• No, it shouldn't, keep it as it is

• I don't care/Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Bah. Dunno maybe I expected more out of him, like he did for his NT, he just stood out much more.

I honestly think he was probably one of the few players I really hated amongst the mercenaries. But granted he was certainly solid, powerful and reliable and when you get rid of zizou the money we spent to bring in buffon, nedved and thuram.. well as you can see where I'm going here, it felt like waste in comparison.

Are you high right now?

Waste? We became better team due to how we used that money (two huge Juve legends and one great all time level defender). Marotta need to learn from that, what to do after selling high, the importance of signing decisive and top quality players who all made the team much better.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Bah. Dunno maybe I expected more out of him, like he did for his NT, he just stood out much more.

I honestly think he was probably one of the few players I really hated amongst the mercenaries. But granted he was certainly solid, powerful and reliable and when you get rid of zizou the money we spent to bring in buffon, nedved and thuram.. well as you can see where I'm going here, it felt like waste in comparison.
Zidane was better with France than he was with us and selling him turned out to be the right thing to do we became twice the team withiut him. Thuram was world class with us and France think what you want of him and Canavaro personally but they are two of the best defenders of all time.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Are you high right now?

Waste? We became better team due to how we used that money (two huge Juve legends and one great all time level defender).
Of course we were better. But we were blessed during them times with ferrara, montero etc then came zambrotta, canna etc maybe you take things for granted and with huge price came bigger expectations. Anyway fuck him.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Zidane was better with France than he was with us and selling him turned out to be the right thing to do we became twice the team withiut him. Thuram was world class with us and France think what you want of him and Canavaro personally but they are two of the best defenders of all time.
:rolleyes: :disagree: No, we fucking didn't, especially not in Europe. With Zidane we reached consecutive finals, and another semi. The summer we sold him, he went on to win the CL with Real Madrid. We only ever reached the CL final once during the Nedved era, even though Capello had a stellar team.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Moggi sold Zizou when he asked aswell Marotta did with Tevez, just equal. NO wait, there's a small difference in the transfer fee :sergio:

Moggi rebuild the team with quality. Marotta did with quantity.

Moggi was a better businessmen. Marotta is a better financial-men

Moggi broke our team and sent us to B. Marotta increase our revenue and took our 7th place team to almost our better season ever.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Amazing how you think these 2 situations are comparable.
Zidane 29 even sabotage himself. I still remember those red cards in ucl.
Tevez 31 did his best till the end

It's not that your gonna ask 70m (current market would be like what, 120m-130M?) for tevez but clearly we could do a better business for him. Vadala :sergio:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:lol:

Zidane -- Vidal is much more comparable, 1 year apart in age, a couple years left on contracts, etc. Aside from the major difference that Zidane was one of the best players of all-time, and Vidal is world class but not near all-time great.

Still, we should have held out longer on selling him, forced Bayern to play ball on negotiating, and made a condition of the sale that we find our replacement/Top AM first.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Moggi sold Zizou when he asked aswell Marotta did with Tevez, just equal. NO wait, there's a small difference in the transfer fee :sergio:

Moggi rebuild the team with quality. Marotta did with quantity.

Moggi was a better businessmen. Marotta is a better financial-men

Moggi broke our team and sent us to B. Marotta increase our revenue and took our 7th place team to almost our better season ever.
Do you ever read post in this thread? About the lawsuits and all or....

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
:rolleyes: :disagree: No, we fucking didn't, especially not in Europe. With Zidane we reached consecutive finals, and another semi. The summer we sold him, he went on to win the CL with Real Madrid. We only ever reached the CL final once during the Nedved era, even though Capello had a stellar team.
Zidane getting sent off in some really big games really helped us and where did we finish in europe and in the league his final year with us? Our team was poor bar 3 or 4 greats we needed his money to get them extra players that completed our team im not under rating Zidane he is one of the best ever just saying that selling him was definatly the right thing to do. I also dont think this will work with selling Pogba this time and i want to keep him at all costs.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Everytime he criticised our mercato we did good, he praised our mercato this time :scared:
This worries me too :scared:

He has been absolutely clueless and irrelevant about transfers and his general football opinions for years...and this time he rates our mercato when he usually slams it. Worried.

Remember last year he said "Tevez is a normal player and not a champion" or some shit

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
He did applaud a lot of our successful deals, though. The Barzagli, Vidal, Pirlo and Pogba moves come to mind.

Can't remember him saying that shit about Tevez. If he did, well, the man once thought Fabian O'Neill is the next big thing.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I think Moggi is authorized to give wrong predictions once in a while, after-all there is no better man than him in this business. That's a fact.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
No doubt he is one of the best ever at his job. But his football opinions over the last few years have been laughably inaccurate and spiteful towards Juventus.
It's also because he's out of the business circle that left him bitter at some points/stages which affects his view, but the man was a wolf and big clubs were just following his footsteps back in the days.

I mean the things that he would do to Inter and Milan, running circles around them in the mercato is to be taught.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
No doubt he is one of the best ever at his job. But his football opinions over the last few years have been laughably inaccurate and spiteful towards Juventus.
some of the things he said as far as i can remember:
- after the meltdown of last year, he predicted allegri to have a good season
- he said that if any team offers 100m for pogba, juve should accept
- according to him, pogba wasn't a 'campione' yet
- last summer he told that juve should already think about substituting buffon, pirlo and tevez
- he predicted zaza to arrive this summer (not a tough one to guess, i know)
etc

and he was wrong a couple of times, like he said gabbiadini won't join napoli, and according to him, conte was supposed to stay last term, but i don't think he was too inaccurate in any regard.

he's bitter, and that's understandable. the calciopoli trial left moggi and juve fight for themselves in separate ways.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
From what I remember, most of Moggi's comments have always been ridiculous, even when he was at Juve. Didn't seem to interfere with his actual work. He is a showman when he goes to the media.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)