Luciano Moggi (12 Viewers)

Shall we move Moggi's thread to the [Legend] section?

• Yes, move it to the legend section

• No, it shouldn't, keep it as it is

• I don't care/Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Getting back Moggi means that Juventus can't win without the cheater Moggi, now how would that look? People would accuse us of cheating whenever we do good.
Some still accuse us now, so who gives a fuck what these clowns have to say?

Fuck 'em. Tell 'em to go die in a fire.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Getting back Moggi means that Juventus can't win without the cheater Moggi, now how would that look? People would accuse us of cheating whenever we do good.
If Juventus' has a brain they should give him an advising function in our orginazation. Make Marotta his puppet.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well, that's certainly a good point. I'm sure it's true for some GM's out there in the football world, but probably not all. Some of these guys would deal with the Devil if they thought they'd come out on top financially. Some might refuse to work with Moggi, but in honesty it would be foolish to reject our bids when we offer the highest amount for a player. I can't see the owners of clubs agreeing to lesser income simply in order to screw over Moggi and Juventus -- that's simply idiotic management. It's not like Moggi sponsored genocide in Darfur like the folks over at PetroChina either.

But I don't think we have to worry about this anyway. Moggi's ban is still in effect and I really doubt we'll rehire him. Those in charge of the club are seemingly still worried about our image, so there's no way Moggi will be allowed back. To me, I couldn't care less about image... all our competitors are just as dirty and their fans are all scumbags. So I say fuck them all and I'll take back my "cheating Juventus" any day of the week. Seriously, these fans and other clubs can go straight to hell, IMO.

Yes, lets censor some opinions. Start with Moggi and then censor posters like me who aren't very giddy with joy over the current situation. Really a great idea.

Let me clarify what I'm trying to say.

My reasoning for my opinion is this. The image of Juventus, rightly or wrongly, has been tarnished, and that image will continue to have that stain for a long time coming. Along with this, I feel, is almost a "Guilt by Association" reaction that other Director Generals will have if and when they do business with this man.

Which brings up an issue.

For well over a decade Moggi was considered a transfer guru, the best of the best. One of those characteristics that he displayed was the ability to get quality players at prices that were considered below market value for what they were worth. He didn't do it on all of those players that he acquired, but he did that on enough of a fair share that would make some people think "Well, how on earth did he pull that off?"

Some of it could be contributed to the aura that he gave, and his presence at these dealings, where there was an air of invincibility about him. Where only "Don Luciano" could pull that off. Now, the emperor has no clothes. If he were to come back, that advantage that he had in dealings with other GM's is gone. He would have to start at Ground Zero, with his presitge and reputation in tatters.

That would affect Juventus on the transfer market greatly. As I had stated earlier, although Italian Owners do care about money and business sense, they do hold serious grudges, and with that will come a lot of jealousy, and an urge to one-up Moggi, to finally get one over on him. This may or may not affect his dealings with other leagues, but putting human emotion and the need for good PR into the equation, you can bet that other GM's from around the leagues would probably have that notion as well.

So, I think, and again this is my opinion, that Juve would in fact have to overpay for players that they normally wouldn't have had to in the past, and yes, Andy, Italian owners (and well, Italians, in general) would cut their noses off to spite their faces. Is it smart? No, not necessarily, but sometimes it is the way they do business.

I'm not doubting the man's ability to do business on the transfer market, or to find talent. I did not question that. What I do question is how he would respond to an enviroment not just with Juventus, but the whole paradigm shift of what Serie A is now compared to what it was 5 years ago. Say what you want, but being away from the sport on that level for that amount of time will have an effect on how good you can be. Basically, all he has been doing these last 5 years is what we have all been doing during that time, except he gets paid handsomely for it.

I don't know if he would be able to adapt to these new enviroments.

Apr 29, 2006
I am one of those people that would welcome Moggi back in Juventus. :champ: Maybe it wasn't his contribution alone that made us what we were, maybe our scouts or coaches were better, but I adored the image he crafted for this club. Farsopoli is not his creation, nor is it his proprietary 'fixing' system ... :cool:

My reasoning for my opinion is this. The image of Juventus, rightly or wrongly, has been tarnished, and that image will continue to have that stain for a long time coming. Along with this, I feel, is almost a "Guilt by Association" reaction that other Director Generals will have if and when they do business with this man.
We were talking back then that Galliani is as much involved, if not more - but since he got off the leash with some a short suspension and suddenly everything is dandy with him now, right? He makes it easily in the top 5 football bosses and he was mixed up doing the same things as moggi... Now, why would that be?:boh: Is Galliani, for example, one of those managers that would be trying to get one over moggi? I think that reasoning is faulty and that they are all professionals. Players switch between rivals every season now - managers are no different and money makes them tick. Why would you refuse an offer from Moggi and harm your teams ability on the transfer market??? Probably cause you are a disappointed Juventus fan managing another team...

I do agree that he had many and many errors in the transfer market. Some of his dealings were very frustrating to me back in the days, but then I never knew about Secco or Marotta. I was a virgin in the matter...:anon:
The latter one might have trimmed age and salaries of the squad, but he did so compromising quality and that was in the 'honeymoon' season of signiore deep-pockets Agnelli . My furstration turns to rage as this big boss seems now more of a dildo, controlled by sie Elkanns corporation with the sole purpose of penetrating fans hopes and butts.:andy2: I think that saying that we are random in the transfer market is an overstatement, our dealings lay on the chaotic-idiotic border. I don't see much benefits form the youth system and scouting young talent goes down to a single Sorensen. Mind you that talent is not hard to fit in the current team as competition levels are 8th best in Italy now.
I think this will be another year we would not make it into the top 4 and it will start to stick, as the no-cash-no-prize circle starts to close down heavily. We need a gamechanger and Marotta is not one of them - so far he is the prime candidate for a loan with an option to buy that will never be activated. And to think of all the hype he received from Agnelli...but then he turned out hype himself.:rolleyes:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Why should we care about that? They are still jeering us in the stadiums and calling us cheaters. I don't like the undeserved credit they are giving to us :D

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
sorry, but it is ridiculous to call for moggi, because even if he was our sporting director next season he can think about all the good player signings how he likes, but noone will actually want to make business with him, because of his negative image. he would not even get us a single above-mediocre player, because he has no power so no one fears him... so he is even more washed up than marco materazzi

there is no gain in having a transfer guru who knows the right moves, but will be unable to operate, because everybody will be sure not to be connected and seen with him
you're such a fucking idiot..........MONEY TALKS

seriously ???

This, and the virtual-retard are the reasons I come to this place less and less these days

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

I see that. But the problem is we already have that reputation which will surely be highlighted once we become successful again. You can count on it, buddy.

For well over a decade Moggi was considered a transfer guru, the best of the best. One of those characteristics that he displayed was the ability to get quality players at prices that were considered below market value for what they were worth. He didn't do it on all of those players that he acquired, but he did that on enough of a fair share that would make some people think "Well, how on earth did he pull that off?"

Some of it could be contributed to the aura that he gave, and his presence at these dealings, where there was an air of invincibility about him. Where only "Don Luciano" could pull that off. Now, the emperor has no clothes. If he were to come back, that advantage that he had in dealings with other GM's is gone. He would have to start at Ground Zero, with his presitge and reputation in tatters.
You may very well be right in that some of his tricks at the bargaining table might not work anymore. I suppose I can see that. How much can be salvaged, it beats me. But if the majority of his skill in making deals comes from his ability to persuade and placing pressure on the clubs he's dealing with, then I'd say he still has some of that bullishness. It's hard to say. I've never seen Moggi hammering out the details on a transfer before, so I'm really not sure about any of this.

That would affect Juventus on the transfer market greatly. As I had stated earlier, although Italian Owners do care about money and business sense, they do hold serious grudges, and with that will come a lot of jealousy, and an urge to one-up Moggi, to finally get one over on him. This may or may not affect his dealings with other leagues, but putting human emotion and the need for good PR into the equation, you can bet that other GM's from around the leagues would probably have that notion as well.
If you put it that way, then I'll offer this as a retort. All these GM's having something personal against Moggi would actually be a good development for us. In the business world, when one starts to take things personal, mistakes are more often made. You know that saying, "it's just business, nothing personal"? Well, that's where that stems from. Letting emotion work its way into these deals would tend to cloud judgement, IMO, which Moggi is very aware of. But I do think you're right in saying this jealousy/animosity surrounding the Station Master would hinder our ability to close some deals, at least in some cases.

So, I think, and again this is my opinion, that Juve would in fact have to overpay for players that they normally wouldn't have had to in the past, and yes, Andy, Italian owners (and well, Italians, in general) would cut their noses off to spite their faces. Is it smart? No, not necessarily, but sometimes it is the way they do business.
Understood.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Why should we care about that? They are still jeering us in the stadiums and calling us cheaters. I don't like the undeserved credit they are giving to us :D
I would like to show people that we can win without Moggi. If we go from being the most dominant club in Italy with Moggi, then to a shit team without Moggi only to become a winning team with Moggi once again it would look suspicious.

Personally, I think we can do alright with anybody as long as they're not like Secco or Marotta. We should just drop this attitude towards foreign players and we could be doing so much better.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Luciano Moggi Takes Calciopoli Swipe At Inter's Leonardo & Napoli's De Laurentiis

Moggi on the Calciopoli charge, this time against Inter coach Leonardo and Aurelio De Laurentiis of Napoli...

Luciano Moggi has taken a Calciopoli snap-shot at Inter coach Leonardo and Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis.

His response comes after both men suggested Italian football had taken a clearer path following the 2006 Calciopoli scandal.

"Leonardo said Calcio is cleaner after Calciopoli? I must say the I used to like the Inter coach, but since he went to Inter he has quickly adapted... and he also forgets when Milan had directors asking for the opposition coaches to be sent off," Moggi told Gold TV.

And having gained a flavour for the past and present, Moggi offered Napoli a thought for the future.

"De Laurentiis wants a film to show the powers of Calciopoli? I say to the Napoli president: talk less," he said.

"Despite my own 35 years of experience, I have realised who these powers are within the system. And soon he [De Laurentiis] will also realise if he ever gets close to winning anything."

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I would like to show people that we can win without Moggi. If we go from being the most dominant club in Italy with Moggi, then to a shit team without Moggi only to become a winning team with Moggi once again it would look suspicious.

Personally, I think we can do alright with anybody as long as they're not like Secco or Marotta. We should just drop this attitude towards foreign players and we could be doing so much better.
Well that's clearly not the case :D

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008

Which brings up an issue.

I'm not doubting the man's ability to do business on the transfer market, or to find talent. I did not question that. What I do question is how he would respond to an enviroment not just with Juventus, but the whole paradigm shift of what Serie A is now compared to what it was 5 years ago. Say what you want, but being away from the sport on that level for that amount of time will have an effect on how good you can be. Basically, all he has been doing these last 5 years is what we have all been doing during that time, except he gets paid handsomely for it.

I don't know if he would be able to adapt to these new enviroments.
I think he'd still be a majoy player in the market Serg. You raise good points however Moggi I bet still has fantastic relations with Presidents around the globe and let's not forget the relations he's built up with some of the best football agents in the World.

However Sabatini would be my first pick. Otherthan that I fail to see any better GM's out there.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Nick, I'm not so much concerned about relations outside of Serie A. I'd be more concerned about relations between him and those in Serie A. The man made a lot of enemies domestically.

And let's face it. For better or for worse, Juve has, and always will, do their majority of business within the confines of Serie A.

Mar 24, 2006
Luciano Moggi: merda Will Be Too Strong For Juventus

Moggi feels former side Juventus don't have the power or means in their squad to match on-the-charge merda in Sunday's derby d'Italia...

Luciano Moggi has given a detailed assessment ahead of the derby d'Italia, and worryingly for Juventus, he expects merda to bulldoze hopes in Turin.

The Bianconeri cannot afford to lose further ground in the race for Europe or Champions League hopes could become just a memory of another failed season.

"My heart is beating for Juventus, but my technical judgement favours merda," Moggi wrote in his Tuttomercatoweb.com column.

"The Nerazz*** are more of a team and are stronger, they also have extraordinary players.

"Wesley Sneijder's return has restored the play in Leonardo's squad.

"They are more fluid and offer spectacular football as a result."

An Imerda win will force further heat on Milan, but Moggi thinks that Massimiliano Allegri's side will blaze their way to the title.

"merda have all the chances to bother Milan until the end of term, but I still feel the Rossoneri are the favourites," he added.

For the 1st time , Shut The Fuck Up Moggi :D

PiN7uRiCCHi0

Aug 18, 2010
Luciano Moggi: The Real Calciopoli Is Now Looking At Milan & Inter
Moggi blasts Inter and Milan, and claims Calciopoli is still lurking in the shadows...

Luciano Moggi has accused referees of helping Milan and Inter, claiming the real Calciopoli is taking place this season.

His allegations come after Robinho's goal against Chievo on Sunday, which included a handball offence in the build-up that went unpunished.

"I had predicted back in 2006 how Italian football would turn out and I said 'Italian football will remain in the hands of the Milanese sides, who will share wins'," Moggi told Gold TV.

"Now the two Milan sides are also sharing favours from referees and this is shown from the last round of games in which both sides won their games with irregular goals.

"If my Juventus had won like that there would have been a scandal, but now the media in Italy are quiet about it.

"The 2006 judgements just showed the feeling from a public point of view, but what happened was total injustice not worthy of a country like Italy.

"I will fight until the end until justice is restored to me, and to all those whose life was ruined by the 2006 scandal."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)