Luciano Moggi (11 Viewers)

Shall we move Moggi's thread to the [Legend] section?

• Yes, move it to the legend section

• No, it shouldn't, keep it as it is

• I don't care/Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

juventino899

Dec 29, 2009
How can you not want Moggi back? he's a genius when it comes to football. I'm quite certain that if he did come back we'd be challenging for the title, he'd get rid of all the rubbish we have and bring in new, quality talent

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
No matter what you think of Moggi, he would have stood up to the b.s. the league and our inept management have showered our way ever since.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Mid-Table Hopefuls Juventus Have Got It All Wrong Again - Luciano Moggi

Moggi believes Juventus will struggle to finish in the top 10 as he criticises their transfer market...

Luciano Moggi is certain Juventus have run aground and their is no way out as that sinking feeling floods in.

The former transfer director set out his concerns and called for change after witnessing a passive approach towards objectives.

Writing in his Tuttomercatoweb.com column, Moggi stated: "I am sad to comment on Juventus' way of working and I don't agree with the choices made in the winter transfer market.

"The names brought in only reflect the level the Bianconeri are at already, they are a team at the good end of mid-table.

"They cannot invent themselves to be leaders, just like the players cannot pretend to be champions.

"People like Andrea Barzagli and Alessandro Matri are not mediocre players, but neither are they champions.

"I was also surprised with Luigi Del Neri's comments after the Palermo loss. He spoke about referee errors, but he was not able to explain his technical-tactical debacle as he raised a smoke screen."

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Vialli, Baggio, Del Piero, Ravanelli, Dino Baggio, Perruzzi, Conte, Torricelli, Moller, Kohler.

That is what was inherited when Moggi took over. I'm sure there are a lot of General Managers that would have killed to be left with a cupboard like that. Therefore, the first part of the article is EXTREMELY flawed. Yes, Juventus were having problems, but that dreadful run was coming to an end. This was a young team that already had Champions on it and a good, YOUNG core of players ready to become class players (Del Piero, Perruzzi). In other words, the 93-94 team was what the 2006-2007 team SHOULD HAVE BEEN in Serie B.

Look, I know that the majority of people are clamoring for Moggi to come back, but I ask you this.

In light of everything that has happened in the last 5 years after Calciopoli, with Moggi being the central figure, what makes anyone think that anyone would WANT to do business with Juventus if he were back in charge?

Just think about that for a second. If you were a general director for another team, wouldn't you already have that built in set of doubts when doing business with this man? Wouldn't you make sure you squeeze him for every last nickel in any transfer dealing?

Here is something else to think about. He has been out of the game for 5 years. And sorry, but being a commentator or writing a column does not count as "Being in the game". My American friends, of all people,should know this. How many NFL or NBA coaches who have not coached for an extended period of time, have come back and had success? Not many.

And the landscape has changed as well. THis is not the Serie A of 2005-2006, where there were 3 teams sitting in the Scudetto Restaurant every year, and a handful of teams looking in from the window, hoping to catch some crumbs off the table.

Calciopoli accomplished two things. #1) It destroyed Juventus. #2) And I'm not sure this was the intent, but this has happened. It created parity in Serie A. It now gave teams such as Palermo and Napoli visions, and very realistic ones, of fighting for the Scudetto and reaching Europe. Those were dreams that prior to Calciopoli were always thought about, but deep down they knew that it could never be fully realized. Not as long as "The Big Three" were looming over them.

Teams like this were farms for the Moggi era Juventus. We always used to say that Parma was our own little pipeline. When was the last time anyone said that? Those teams sole ambitions were to stay solvent, to make a small profit. Their goals have changed significantly, and that only makes it that much harder to do business nowadays.

This is just something to think about.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Mid-Table Hopefuls Juventus Have Got It All Wrong Again - Luciano Moggi

Moggi believes Juventus will struggle to finish in the top 10 as he criticises their transfer market...

Luciano Moggi is certain Juventus have run aground and their is no way out as that sinking feeling floods in.

The former transfer director set out his concerns and called for change after witnessing a passive approach towards objectives.

Writing in his Tuttomercatoweb.com column, Moggi stated: "I am sad to comment on Juventus' way of working and I don't agree with the choices made in the winter transfer market.

"The names brought in only reflect the level the Bianconeri are at already, they are a team at the good end of mid-table.

"They cannot invent themselves to be leaders, just like the players cannot pretend to be champions.

"People like Andrea Barzagli and Alessandro Matri are not mediocre players, but neither are they champions.

"I was also surprised with Luigi Del Neri's comments after the Palermo loss. He spoke about referee errors, but he was not able to explain his technical-tactical debacle as he raised a smoke screen."
Then why keep doing it?

Twelve times a week.

And another four times during weekends.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Because he is an attention whore. I wish if we ban Moggi quotes in this forum, just like we used to ban goal.com articles..

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I cant believe some of the opinions in here...

Moggi is 100% correct on everything he's said....so what if he says it 20 times a week, does it make it untrue then ??

Some here may be living in denial, but our team is a joke, run by clowns...I would love to have Luciano back here, pulling the strings

And Sergio, just because he's been out of the game a few years doesnt means he's forgotten how to deal, or doesnt know talent, or lack thereof, when he see's it

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
sorry, but it is ridiculous to call for moggi, because even if he was our sporting director next season he can think about all the good player signings how he likes, but noone will actually want to make business with him, because of his negative image. he would not even get us a single above-mediocre player, because he has no power so no one fears him... so he is even more washed up than marco materazzi

there is no gain in having a transfer guru who knows the right moves, but will be unable to operate, because everybody will be sure not to be connected and seen with him

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I cant believe some of the opinions in here...

Moggi is 100% correct on everything he's said....so what if he says it 20 times a week, does it make it untrue then ??

Some here may be living in denial, but our team is a joke, run by clowns...I would love to have Luciano back here, pulling the strings

And Sergio, just because he's been out of the game a few years doesnt means he's forgotten how to deal, or doesnt know talent, or lack thereof, when he see's it
Well, Vinman, they are opinions. Whether you like them or not,we are entitled to them.

And although he has been out of the game for 5 years may not seem to matter to some people, the fact of the matter is, the landscape has changed greatly. Its a much different landscape out there in Serie A then when he was at Juventus in 2006. That is something that you can't deny.

Its not a question of whether he has forgotten to deal, but its more a question of what I feel the hesitancy on the parts of others to want to do business with him. And if they do, you can bet that the "Intimidation Factor" of the Triade has long since passed. Its a much tougher negotiation when the other party no longer feels that they are under Moggi's thumb.

And Vinny, you are Italian, just as myself. What are we known for? Having long memories and holding grudges. Do you think that would be any different if he were to return?

I'm not doubting his ability to find talent. I'm doubting the willingness of others to want to do fair business with him.

Pazzini was a perfect case in point. Juve offered a lot more money to get him over the summer, and were still pushing for him in this window, yet he goes to Inter.

Was he REALLY that needed at Inter? Yes, they have some sort term injury problems, but I will tell youwhat I think.

I think that Garrone had the chance to put the screws to Juve, and did so, even if he knew that he would get less money from Inter.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Of course they would. It's not like clubs are signing Moggi to play for them, they are dealing with him to transfer players.
yeah, for sure. after they saw how the FIGC are after him and try to fuck him up, people surely want to get involved in business with him, just for the FIGC to intervene and call the business deals void or something.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
In light of everything that has happened in the last 5 years after Calciopoli, with Moggi being the central figure, what makes anyone think that anyone would WANT to do business with Juventus if he were back in charge?
Well, that's certainly a good point. I'm sure it's true for some GM's out there in the football world, but probably not all. Some of these guys would deal with the Devil if they thought they'd come out on top financially. Some might refuse to work with Moggi, but in honesty it would be foolish to reject our bids when we offer the highest amount for a player. I can't see the owners of clubs agreeing to lesser income simply in order to screw over Moggi and Juventus -- that's simply idiotic management. It's not like Moggi sponsored genocide in Darfur like the folks over at PetroChina either.

But I don't think we have to worry about this anyway. Moggi's ban is still in effect and I really doubt we'll rehire him. Those in charge of the club are seemingly still worried about our image, so there's no way Moggi will be allowed back. To me, I couldn't care less about image... all our competitors are just as dirty and their fans are all scumbags. So I say fuck them all and I'll take back my "cheating Juventus" any day of the week. Seriously, these fans and other clubs can go straight to hell, IMO.

Because he is an attention whore. I wish if we ban Moggi quotes in this forum, just like we used to ban goal.com articles..
Yes, lets censor some opinions. Start with Moggi and then censor posters like me who aren't very giddy with joy over the current situation. Really a great idea.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Well, that's certainly a good point. I'm sure it's true for some GM's out there in the football world, but probably not all. Some of these guys would deal with the Devil if they thought they'd come out on top financially. Some might refuse to work with Moggi, but in honesty it would be foolish to reject our bids when we offer the highest amount for a player. I can't see the owners of clubs agreeing to lesser income simply in order to screw over Moggi and Juventus -- that's simply idiotic management. It's not like Moggi sponsored genocide in Darfur like the folks over at PetroChina either.

But I don't think we have to worry about this anyway. Moggi's ban is still in effect and I really doubt we'll rehire him. Those in charge of the club are seemingly still worried about our image, so there's no way Moggi will be allowed back. To me, I couldn't care less about image... all our competitors are just as dirty and their fans are all scumbags. So I say fuck them all and I'll take back my "cheating Juventus" any day of the week. Seriously, these fans and other clubs can go straight to hell, IMO.

Yes, lets censor some opinions. Start with Moggi and then censor posters like me who aren't very giddy with joy over the current situation. Really a great idea.
Brilliant post.
Fuck Andy, you're the man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)