Luciano Moggi (6 Viewers)

Shall we move Moggi's thread to the [Legend] section?

• Yes, move it to the legend section

• No, it shouldn't, keep it as it is

• I don't care/Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
why, because he's telling the truth, and you dont like that ??
No, because the way he talks hurts the team's confidence. If he keeps on saying how bad Juventus is, the players will believe how bad they are and under perform. If you say that day and night the players won't be affected because they neither read your comments nor hear them.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The players shouldn't be paying attention to anybody but their manager, their teammates and themselves. If they are worrying about what Moggi says and take it to heart, I can only imagine how much opposition players get into the heads of these guys. Moggi wouldn't have to destroy the team, the opposition constantly giving it to them would do the trick.

Maybe the players are soft.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I didn't say they are soft but Moggi is loud and his words are spread all over in Italy, it is hard not to pay attention to what he says. Even me in Sweden, you in USA, Rab in Romania are hearing what he says, do you think they can ignore his words in Italy?

And confidence is really important in football, especially when your team is average, with confidence the average team can over perform, with negativity they will under perform.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
But I'm sure some of their competitors say much worse to them on the pitch. That's what I experienced at least. If they do pay attention to Moggi, then they should be driven to prove him wrong. They are competitors after all.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
But the thing is Andy, you would expect something like that from a competitor and ignore it as it is to be expected after all from an opposition. But to hear this from Moggi, is a different story. As players would look at him as either a former Juve director and a damn good one at that or simply a fair outside observer who's judging a team based on what he sees. And for those two, players might get effected.

But then again this is where the coach/captain should step in and raise the spirit of either the players effected or the whole group for that matter.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Moggi's words have more impact than Materazzi's. Moggi speaks to TV stations, newspapers, radio, everyone hears him. Materazzi or whichever player says a word or two on the pitch, it is normal and it always happens. Moggi is a figure that was at the club, he was controlling the club, the players know him, they know his impact, they know his power. You can't compare his words to what another palyers says on the pitch.

If you have a kid that is not doing so well at school and his classmates mock him but at the same time his old teacher talks to him and gives him confidence and wise words, it is obviously that the teacher's words that would have more effect than those in the playground.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
But I don't expect you to undestand this either, Andy because this is how you operate. You like bringing people down, you like criticizing the shit out of something; positive reinforcement is something that you have never ever heard of.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
But the thing is Andy, you would expect something like that from a competitor and ignore it as it is to be expected after all from an opposition. But to hear this from Moggi, is a different story. As players would look at him as either a former Juve director and a damn good one at that or simply a fair outside observer who's judging a team based on what he sees. And for those two, players might get effected.

But then again this is where the coach/captain should step in and raise the spirit of either the players effected or the whole group for that matter.
Or what if Moggi was a fan, just like the rest of us here? Are we competitors?

Free speech. Stuff like this also builds character.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Im not denying him the right to speak his mind out but to say that by him doing so he's in fact doing this club a favor and hailing him as a legend for that is just plain stupid. If he really cares about this club he should shut up for one and advise his beloved Agnelli instead of spreading all his BS in the papers.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Moggi's words have more impact than Materazzi's. Moggi speaks to TV stations, newspapers, radio, everyone hears him. Materazzi or whichever player says a word or two on the pitch, it is normal and it always happens. Moggi is a figure that was at the club, he was controlling the club, the players know him, they know his impact, they know his power. You can't compare his words to what another palyers says on the pitch.
So you're saying that Moggi should just lie when he's asked a question? What for?

The players are adults, not children. They can handle criticism, or at least should be able to. As I said, as professionals they should strive to prove Moggi wrong, at least that's my thinking on it. Since he's no longer affiliated with the club, it's not like Marotta is claiming this. I'd be a little more concerned if the latter stated these opinions considering that the players only have to answer to Del Neri and Marotta.

Since Moggi means jack squat to Juve now, I just see this as a nothingburger.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
But he's not asked, ffs he has his own column in some Italian newspaper where he spreads all this shit out. It's not like he's doing this once every two or three months but every week or so he has something to say and it's always negative. Sometimes your hear him twice a week with nothing that important to say but pointing fingers and listing the obvious.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm not going to criticize him for stating his opinion when he isn't affiliated with Juventus anymore and I share some of his views, which I may post on here. He has a right to his free speech and I think he's spot on in some of what he claims.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
So you're saying that Moggi should just lie when he's asked a question? What for?

The players are adults, not children. They can handle criticism, or at least should be able to. As I said, as professionals they should strive to prove Moggi wrong, at least that's my thinking on it. Since he's no longer affiliated with the club, it's not like Marotta is claiming this. I'd be a little more concerned if the latter stated these opinions considering that the players only have to answer to Del Neri and Marotta.

Since Moggi means jack squat to Juve now, I just see this as a nothingburger.
The thing is he's made it a habit to speak about Juventus on a weekly basis, actually not speak about Juvetus, to talk down Juventus week in week out. It's not a matter of being asked a question, it is something he's doing regularly and I the only reason I see him doing it is because he wants to destroy the image as much as possible just to enhance his achievements more. You and the others who want him back at the club should be aware by now that he will not be back no matter how much he barks.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
The thing is he's made it a habit to speak about Juventus on a weekly basis, actually not speak about Juvetus, to talk down Juventus week in week out. It's not a matter of being asked a question, it is something he's doing regularly and I the only reason I see him doing it is because he wants to destroy the image as much as possible just to enhance his achievements more. You and the others who want him back at the club should be aware by now that he will not be back no matter how much he barks.
This is what is pissing me off, I was a firm Moggi supporter, I still believe he did nothing wrong, but he has to stop. He puts down everything we do, if he cared for the club ok he could say it once but he isn't helping anyone, not even his own case really.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
This is what is pissing me off, I was a firm Moggi supporter, I still believe he did nothing wrong, but he has to stop. He puts down everything we do, if he cared for the club ok he could say it once but he isn't helping anyone, not even his own case really.
One week he said that Juve should sell Diego, they sold him, he did not say a single word about it.

One week he said Ferrara is a good choice, he fails, he said Ferrara should be sacked, he gets sacked, he does nto say anything.

One week he said Zaccherroni is doing well at Juventus, Juventus fail, he says Zaccherroni was a bad choice.

And there are millions of similar statements he made.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Its not like there's a whole lot to praise though. Journalists ask him about Juventus all the time so that's what he talks about.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
If he is asked for his opinion he should give it , if we all like it or not.
Maybe some of you don't know that he still is one of the major shareholders of Juventus Fc.
Yes he sometimes talks shit, but 75% of the things he is saying is spot on. Also the media takes things out of proportions most of the times. If he said it he has the right to do so to share his opinion, if you don't like it then stay out of this thread and ignore him.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I think most of the things he says are in his weekly column with some newspaper. He isn't asked, he just writes. I could be wrong though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)