Luciano Moggi (15 Viewers)

Shall we move Moggi's thread to the [Legend] section?

• Yes, move it to the legend section

• No, it shouldn't, keep it as it is

• I don't care/Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Capello is like Mourinho, you are pretty much guaranteed success with that appointment. Wenger would have been an interesting longer term appointment.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Is Capello inferior?!
If you think so just watch England winning the WC this summer and keep in mind that England didn`t make it to the last European championship
If Capello comes back you would see us winning again

Altough I rate Wenger I rate Capello as the best
Cappello is one of the most close minded coaches to ever coach this game. He might win us a trophy, but he will never stick with us nor well he get a long with our players on the long run. He's brute and given a certain budget he can be effective on the short run, but thats it. In fact ranieri is a poor man cappello, just because he never coached a club with injected cash funding (minus that chelsea first year)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Is Capello inferior?!
If you think so just watch England winning the WC this summer and keep in mind that England didn`t make it to the last European championship
If Capello comes back you would see us winning again

Altough I rate Wenger I rate Capello as the best
Did you actually watch our games under Capello? Really wonderful carpet football,right? All those long balls & benching DP. He was great for Serie A but he was a complete disaster in the CL.Do you remember the scintillating match against Werder Bremen?

At that point in time Capello was expected to deliver the CL.We were dominating Serie A & the next objective was to conquer europe.Hiring an Italian coach for this team would just leave us in the dust.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Did you actually watch our games under Capello? Really wonderful carpet football,right? All those long balls & benching DP. He was great for Serie A but he was a complete disaster in the CL.Do you remember the scintillating match against Werder Bremen?

At that point in time Capello was expected to deliver the CL.We were dominating Serie A & the next objective was to conquer europe.Hiring an Italian coach for this team would just leave us in the dust.

I totally agree with you.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008

Agree with you,

but success wise Cappello > Wenger

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

Back then we were not expected to win the CL but we were expected to compete for it and we did
Hiddink is a great manager but he can`t always win to remind you Russia didn`t qualify for the WC

as for Capello he is a great manager the best IMO but it doesn`t say that if you have the best manager then you would always win

our team back there were strong but not the strongest infact our team was quite like this year`s Inter they dominate the Serie A but you can`t say that they are the best in europe and no one guarantee that they will get to the final or the semi final

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Back then we were not expected to win the CL but we were expected to compete for it and we did
Hiddink is a great manager but he can`t always win to remind you Russia didn`t qualify for the WC

as for Capello he is a great manager the best IMO but it doesn`t say that if you have the best manager then you would always win

our team back there were strong but not the strongest infact our team was quite like this year`s Inter they dominate the Serie A but you can`t say that they are the best in europe and no one guarantee that they will get to the final or the semi final
You're kidding right? Cappello said he needed a midfield partner for Emerson & that Patrick Vieira was the final jigsaw piece in his puzzle.You know damn well that the triade expected the CL,not to compete for it.Also we didn't compete in the CL under Capello's tenure,we were moving along like a bunch of paraplegics.In europe that Juve side was too slow,boring & relied on too many long balls.

Where did Hiddink come out of the pic here? We were discussing Capello & Wenger.Hiddink would have been ideal because he would have brought a breath of fresh air to this team.He would have worked on passing,speed & motivation.Something this current team really lacks.Italian coaches are too stuck in their ways & catenaccio might have worked in the 90's but that's over.Have you ever wondered how Italian teams get owned by english sides?They can't cope with the fast pace & constant running.Our team gets exposed when facing an english side,they just show how there's no stamina in our players.

Cappello's Juve was one of the best squads in europe at the time,infact i'd go as far to say that they were in the top five european squads back then.Nobody can guarantee that a team can win the league but that's why you work on purchasing the best players & coaches available to achieve that objective.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
You're kidding right? Cappello said he needed a midfield partner for Emerson & that Patrick Vieira was the final jigsaw piece in his puzzle.You know damn well that the triade expected the CL,not to compete for it.Also we didn't compete in the CL under Capello's tenure,we were moving along like a bunch of paraplegics.In europe that Juve side was too slow,boring & relied on too many long balls.

Where did Hiddink come out of the pic here? We were discussing Capello & Wenger.Hiddink would have been ideal because he would have brought a breath of fresh air to this team.He would have worked on passing,speed & motivation.Something this current team really lacks.Italian coaches are too stuck in their ways & catenaccio might have worked in the 90's but that's over.Have you ever wondered how Italian teams get owned by english sides?They can't cope with the fast pace & constant running.Our team gets exposed when facing an english side,they just show how there's no stamina in our players.

Cappello's Juve was one of the best squads in europe at the time,infact i'd go as far to say that they were in the top five european squads back then.Nobody can guarantee that a team can win the league but that's why you work on purchasing the best players & coaches available to achieve that objective.
I agree we were in the top five but not on top of that 5!
To win the Serie A is way easier than the CL as it reflect more on a season than one or two games
that is why we won the league and dominated it
in europe there is more about 2 games than the whole season
as for playing beautiful football there is no doubt that we were a bit boring but also very effective and tough to break thats why I compared this Juve to this year`s Inter!
Success wise you can`t say Capello isn`t great as success wise he is one of the greats and thats why I said Capello is not inferior

If you want us to focus on playing beautiful football there is no doubt that Wenger is way better than Capello
BUT if you want to look for success than Capello is the man!

and Hiddink Russia was just an example that you can`t always win (even if you have the better squad or the better manager)

OP
Jul 2, 2006
  • Thread Starter #257
    Our way to become best in the world was wide open before the farsopoli. we were third richest club in that time thanks to Moggi and Giraudo's extraordinary success.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Our way to become best in the world was wide open before the farsopoli. we were third richest club in that time thanks to Moggi and Giraudo's extraordinary success.
    Moggi also said he would have signed Gerrard and C.Ronaldo (I pretty doubt we would have got C.Ronaldo but still...)
    If C.Ronaldo was to play with our old team than we would certainly be the best back then

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)