Luciano Moggi (10 Viewers)

Shall we move Moggi's thread to the [Legend] section?

• Yes, move it to the legend section

• No, it shouldn't, keep it as it is

• I don't care/Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
You can't prove that. And if you're serious about what you said, that means whenever we criticize the club here or write blogs on this disaster, we're only doing it for ourselves. That's just nonsense and not fair to say.

Moggi is spot on with his assessment, and these concerns should be addressed immediately, not brushed under the rug.
I am dead serious.

And you or me or anyone else criticizing the board on this or an other forum is by no means the same thing.
My opinion in this matter holds no weight, I am not quoted in some newspaper, nor will people be influenced by me.
Moggi on the other hand is (still) held in high regard by a lot of people.

He has been trying to remain in the news for years, never missing an oppurtunity to criticize the current management & always referring to himself as someone who didn't do anything wrong. If we were to believe him, he was (is) the best thing that ever happened to Juve.
I'm not blaming him for looking out for himself (as he needs to fight back), but the way I see it, he just doesn't give a damn anymore about Juve.

Edit: V made the smartest and most likely post here imo:

He's a huge egocentric. He cares about his name and reputation, not Juve as a club. Thus, the old Juve was his selling point, the current is his punching bag.

Whether he will come back I don't know, but if he will, he most definetly will not return for Juve's sake but his own.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I am dead serious.

And you or me or anyone else criticizing the board on this or an other forum is by no means the same thing.
My opinion in this matter holds no weight, I am not quoted in some newspaper, nor will people be influenced by me.
Moggi on the other hand is (still) held in high regard by a lot of people.

He has been trying to remain in the news for years, never missing an oppurtunity to criticize the current management & always referring to himself as someone who didn't do anything wrong. If we were to believe him, he was (is) the best thing that ever happened to Juve.
I'm not blaming him for looking out for himself (as he needs to fight back), but the way I see it, he just doesn't give a damn anymore about Juve.
But is what Moggi saying wrong or right?

He's right, regardless of his motives.

The personal attacks are side-stepping the issue. Moggi is free to say whatever he likes, and the media is free to post whatever they like.

Hell, they even post fan blogs on Football Italia.

Diego

Aug 30, 2005
Agree but Moggi says so many things that is true and I think its great to read his comments. Remember he said after the scandal that the club did nothing to defend themself. He said they used the loser strategy: "lay yourself down in front of a car and get run over".

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
But is what Moggi saying wrong or right?

He's right, regardless of his motives.

The personal attacks are side-stepping the issue. Moggi is free to say whatever he likes, and the media is free to post whatever they like.

Hell, they even post fan blogs on Football Italia.
I didn't say he was wrong, although I do feel he exaggerates immensely. This board has made good decisions & this board has made bad decisions. Just like the board did during his reign.

Of course he is free to say whatever he wants, as are we. But it's pretty obvious that he is not helping the club with these statements (creating a rift between the fans for example). If he really cared about the club, he'd react differently imo.

And a fan blog on some website does not hold the same weight as Moggi's opinion about Juve, we both know that.

Diego

Aug 30, 2005
Is this the show were he says it? Don't understand a word but its from yesterday. I think so. In the end he says what is translated in Footbal Italia

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I didn't say he was wrong, although I do feel he exaggerates immensely. This board has made good decisions & this board has made bad decisions. Just like the board did during his reign.

Of course he is free to say whatever he wants, as are we. But it's pretty obvious that he is not helping the club with these statements (creating a rift between the fans for example). If he really cared about the club, he'd react differently imo.

And a fan blog on some website does not hold the same weight as Moggi's opinion about Juve, we both know that.
Don't agree at all. Putting a cherry on top of a bowl of manure still means it's a bowl of manure, not anything else. Better to change the situation now instead of holding that spoon closer towards your mouth. The more fair criticism, the better chance of correcting the mistakes that have been made.

And where does he exaggerate in this instance? The results are poor, much of the money we spent on players has been wasted, Ciro should be sacked, et cetera. That's not hyperbole, it's the harsh truth.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Point of no return? Bit of a stretch seeing as we've come back from Serie B. Say this management does drive us down to 6th spot and we miss CL. Certain players leave (again) we lose a lot of money (again) but the current management get sacked as a result and are replaced with competent individuals. We compete/win in Europa league and manage (with a good manager) to make it back to 4th spot in the Championship.

We're pretty much back where we were 08/09 season. Blanc and Secco will certainly get the chop if they continue on like this. They won't be allowed to drive us any further down then the middle of the table before they resign, or are thrown out.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Andy is wanting you guys to listen to what Moggi is saying, not what he did. Moggi is categorically right with the current situation of the board and it pains us to hear the truth, ironically from him. Moggi was smart and is smart, but at the same time just wants his name cleared for the sake of it and by bashing other people just to take his name out of the limelight then so be it, if that helps him sleep at night.

For once, his comments today were dead on. I still would not consider him back. Arrogance, egocentric, dishonest, and selfish are not a combination of a board member I would like running my club again.

Diego

Aug 30, 2005
Andy is wanting you guys to listen to what Moggi is saying, not what he did. Moggi is categorically right with the current situation of the board and it pains us to hear the truth, ironically from him. Moggi was smart and is smart, but at the same time just wants his name cleared for the sake of it and by bashing other people just to take his name out of the limelight then so be it, if that helps him sleep at night.

For once, his comments today were dead on. I still would not consider him back. Arrogance, egocentric, dishonest, and selfish are not a combination of a board member I would like running my club again.
So you didn't like Juve in the 90's when Moggi was running the club?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I did...not to mention the doping scandals. What makes you think that we will never reach those heights again with anyone other than Moggi? You seem to think it is him and only him that will ever bring success to this club again.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
You have to answer him that Moggi is innocent and everything that happened to Juve is the work of Moratti and Juve owners, otherwise you will never ever end this. You will only be called a fake fan. Do what I do and avoid these discussions, it's much healthier.
Seriously, whoever started this true/fake fan bullshit needs to get shot. It's a matter of opinion.

Diego

Aug 30, 2005
I did...not to mention the doping scandals. What makes you think that we will never reach those heights again with anyone other than Moggi? You seem to think it is him and only him that will ever bring success to this club again.

No I'm not saying that, but if he would like to be here for some more years I say thank you very much. Then he will personly find the right man to take over when he retires.

Forza Moggi:flag1:

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
if you go and ask an interista or a romanista how many scudetti Juve have, they will tell how we cheated for years and every one of them were illegal.
Turk

Since when were the fans the board :sergio: . It's quite stupid to think all the clubs' representatives think all our scudetti were illegal, only the fans say this and it's only natural. Dude, come on...

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
No I'm not saying that, but if he would like to be here for some more years I say thank you very much. Then he will personly find the right man to take over when he retires.

Forza Moggi:flag1:
I saw no man is bigger than the image and success of our club. Certainly not a crook. Let Elkaan make the decisions, we will find the right leaders for our club.
Turk

Since when were the fans the board :sergio: . It's quite stupid to think all the clubs' representatives think all our scudetti were illegal, only the fans say this and it's only natural. Dude, come on...
:beer:

OP
Jul 2, 2006
  • Thread Starter #139
    Turk

of course they know scudetti were legal but their comments are different.
    remember what gremlin said about 5 maggio 2002.

Eddy

The Maestro
    Aug 20, 2005
    of course they know scudetti were legal but their comments are different.
    remember what gremlin said about 5 maggio 2002.
    Is gremlin Moratti ? Screw Inter, we're talking about the representatives in whole, clubs in Serie A and Serie B. Fans can say whatever they want. At the end, we all know it's not true. I for one, want Moggi back because I think he's innocent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)