Luciano Moggi (14 Viewers)

Shall we move Moggi's thread to the [Legend] section?

• Yes, move it to the legend section

• No, it shouldn't, keep it as it is

• I don't care/Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Forza Luciano Moggi :agree:

Either come with a proof of him fixing our matches (as if we needed to fix our matches) or leave the guy who helped us achieve and win a lot.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I don't understand how people 'know' Moggi cheated. It's Juventus ffs, did he really need to cheat to win? Is our history a history of a mediocre mid-table team? We played in 4 CL finals in the years he was here...were referees in the CL helping Juventus as well?

Was he selecting the years he wanted us to win the Scudetto? Like "hehe...we'll lose a couple here and there so no one is suspicious". Wtf?
No one "knows". And from the looks of it, I don't think anyone ever will.

Fact is Moggi was always believed to be a shady & suspicious character. And he actually loved that himself, did everything to keep his appearance that way. Now couple that public image with the success he achieved, and you end up with a lot of (jealous?) people who feel they have every reason to have major doubts.

At one point (mid to late 90's, don't exactly remember the date) there were actual hearings & discussions in the Italian parliament concerning whether or not referees "helped" Juve. Suffice to say that that is unheard of.

This is only one example as to why the Moggi reign was always going to end bad for us. All the signs pointed in that direction, for a long time.
I never thought it was going to end that bad though...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Fact is Moggi was always believed to be a shady & suspicious character. And he actually loved that himself, did everything to keep his appearance that way. Now couple that public image with the success he achieved, and you end up with a lot of (jealous?) people who feel they have every reason to have major doubts.
True. But in no different than any other Patron. They seem all the same to me.

Only difference IMHO, is that, Moggi had no protection(this doesn't mean he fixed matches) but pure and simple he had himself and only himself, while Moratti and Berlusca for example got walls on their backs.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009

Only difference IMHO, is that, Moggi had no protection(this doesn't mean he fixed matches) but pure and simple he had himself and only himself, while Moratti and Berlusca for example got walls on their backs.
That is simply not true.

Moratti was never believed to be so shady or unreliable. And although that might be changing right now, he still has a long way to go to achieve Moggi's status. I'm obviously not talking about Juve fans's perspective here, but general public opinion.

As for Berlu, you're right. But he is untouchable, everyone knows that.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
That is simply not true.

Moratti was never believed to be so shady or unreliable. And although that might be changing right now, he still has a long way to go to achieve Moggi's status. I'm obviously not talking about Juve fans's perspective here, but general public opinion.
Is it because we were winning a lot and he was a failure? See, now for example it's completely the inverse, Moratti to everyone looks the shady and unreliable to majority of Serie A fans and even players.

During Moggi time, all eyes were on him because of the success we had at that time.

I could be wrong though.

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
Alen,i warned that post of yours and i am dealing with him

i don't want to ban you...or anyone for that matter but this has gone on long enough i think

seriously? you picked a fight with martin? son,you don't have the mental capacity to win this fight,hell Martin could walk into the street tomorrow,stick his face in front of a bus,have his brain mashed into such malformed pieces that he has to eat through a tube,piss through a tube,shit into a bag attached to his stomach and only communicate with the outside world through a series of eye movements and he would still be able to outwit you
So you are like the pope of all mods? I should be careful around you? You have like a magic wand or something? Hmm tinkerbell?

I'm not sure why my name was mentionned that much, but I never actually ever used mofo as any other way then just randomly refer to someone in jesting way (not even for a negative conotaiton in a jokish way, but just a habit word).

And I neg repped you simply because I + repped minutes before one of your posts. When you were literally asking for one, when I thought in first glance Alen was being hard on you (I see peeps being hard on newer/non regular posters now and then). Only to see little while after that you were being a douche to bianconero, so I neg repped just to fool around. Included with the mofo.

If you were kidding too with the laughable mama insult, I dont mind (nor do I care), but man, to the rest of the unnecessary BS, to put it simply you are one retarded fuck, especially the part of saying you will tear Martin a new one :lol:

And to stay on topic, fuck Moggi and the donkey he rode on.
I already mentioned that i understand the -rep, bianconero came out of nowhere and asked for it, like he did the first time.

And the reason all this happens here now and then with me is exactly what you just said about people being hard on newer members, i cant see it happening to me and not say anything because i only have 800 posts. They have thousands of posts and still say some retarded crap.

And about the mama joke, I was joking when i mentioned you, I meant it the same way you did. But then Alen interfered when it was none of his damn business, things got a little bit f*cked up here.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Is it because we were winning a lot and he was a failure? See, now for example it's completely the inverse, Moratti to everyone looks the shady and unreliable to majority of Serie A fans and even players.

During Moggi time, all eyes were on him because of the success we had at that time.

I could be wrong though.
Winning plays some part.

But you shouldn't think that now everyone thinks Moratti is shady, that is simply not true. Sure, the Juve fans think that way & from time to time you have some (serious) journalist posing questions.

But as far as the general public goes Moggi was (still is?) about as shady as you can ever possibly be. Let me again refer to those (forgotten) discussions in the Italian parliament. That's only 1 small example of how "the people" put pressure on us as a club & him as a person. And this happened more than 5 years before Calciopoli!
While Moggi was considered to be a Mafia like figure, Moratti on the other hand is regarded as a more typical "big boss".

To this day, I still believe public opinion cost us everything in the end. And it doesn't seem likely that I'll ever need to change my idea...

@ the Czech Fury: let it go ffs. This thread is bad enough as it is.

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
Actually it was you who started telling us who the REAL fans are and who the glory hunters are.

Rab, why can't one dislike Moggi? Is there anything wrong in that?
Thats not an insult, Its just my personal opinion, Im free to share it.

You're free to like and hate whoever you wish, but you must understand that Seria A is more of a political league than a fair one. And you my friend had the most powerful politician of them all and someone had to knock him down to have the honors of being the new Moggi.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Thats not an insult, Its just my personal opinion, Im free to share it.
Of course it is an insult to tell someone that he or she is not a real fan.

How would you feel if I tell you that you are not a real fan unless you have been to a Juve match?

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
Of course it is an insult to tell someone that he or she is not a real fan.

How would you feel if I tell you that you are not a real fan unless you have been to a Juve match?
I only mentioned your name and i said sorry. Since i didn't mention any other names i don't feel like i insulted anyone except the true glory hunters.

Actually regarding that, I go to Italy pretty much every summer with the family. I'v also been to a few Juventus games when i have the time, I have friends in Turin who were living & working in industrial parts of Bahrain. Im also going to study in Florence next month.

So what you said shouldn't be a problem for me at all.

In fact i didn't mention all this to you before when you -rep'd me saying "How many games have you even been to", because all this doesn't make me any more of a fan than you or anyone else here.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Rab, why can't one dislike Moggi? Is there anything wrong in that?
Sorry, maybe didn't make myself clear. I didn't mean one can't dislike Moggi, but disliking him for so called match fixing is wrong IMO. Disliking him because he's Luciano Moggi the arrogant the Mafioso the I don't know what is up to you or anyone else.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008

:agree: Thats pretty much the case. Plus Why non of that Calciopoli crap happened before 2003 when the the late Agnelli was alive ? Is it coincidence that the whole joke happened just after the man's death?

Anyways people are free to believe what they like but i personally believe what i've seen with my own eyes and that is Juve was one of the best teams not just in Italy but in all over Europe in that period we didn't need no help from the referee's to win any trophy.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
:agree: Thats pretty much the case. Plus Why non of that Calciopoli crap happened before 2003 when the the late Agnelli was alive ? Is it coincidence that the whole joke happened just after the man's death?
That's another good question that non of the anti Moggi nowadays can answer it either.

Why it didn't happen after the Montero-Ronaldo famous incident derby when we won the game and basically clinched the title? Why in 2006? Is it because we couldn't be stopped and matched with anyone in Serie A? Did we need match fixing when only in attack we had, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Zlatan, Mutu, Zalayeta?? Let alone Vieira-Emerson-Nedved-Camoranesi midfield or Thuram-Cannavaro-Zambrotta... Did we need any match fixing FFS??? Weren't we superior to both Milan teams, Roman clubs as-well?? With an exception to Milan when they were beating us from time to time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)