Luciano Moggi (30 Viewers)

Shall we move Moggi's thread to the [Legend] section?

• Yes, move it to the legend section

• No, it shouldn't, keep it as it is

• I don't care/Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
'Juve will spend another €50m' Thursday 4 February, 2010

One of Italy's most famous football agents believes Juventus will spend another €50m this summer after a season of disappointment.

Antonio Caliendo, whose clients include David Trezeguet, also added that he doesn't think Juventus will be cautious after spending that figure on Diego and Felipe Melo, two players who have so far failed to lived up to expectations.

Speaking to Tuttosport, Caliendo said: “There is someone who goes on TV to bad mouth the Juventus directors. The old triad who never miss a TV programme and attack the weak points, always forgetting how much good the new Juventus has done.

For example, right now, the return of Roberto Bettega has been fundamental, for me at least. His modesty means that few people actually know that some of Juventus's most important signings of the last 15 years went through his sieve, while there were others who bought Uruguayans, paying a king's ransom without them ever playing more than a couple of games. Save for going on TV and making yourself look like a saint.

“And let's not forget Diego. He's another one who I have heard called a blunder. Let him adapt and he will not disappoint. He is the champion that everyone expected. He only has to manage to express himself better.

“Juventus are working a lot and they are working every day on the next transfer market. Secco and Bettega are involved in several interesting situations. They know when and if to intervene.”

Asked if he believed Juventus would spend another €50m like last year, Caliendo replied: “In my opinion, yes the figure could be between €40m and €50m, also because they know what their responsibilities are towards the fans. Even though they will not be bled dry for players who they don't judge to be of a good enough standard to play for Juve.

“Unfortunately today there are many teams who can spend and few champions worth spending on. It's all much more complicated,” he concluded.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Jul 2, 2006
  • Thread Starter #363
    if this 50m bullshit is true we will watch same shit again.
    let's say we get criscito,candreva,caceres for 25m(8m for each). other 25 will be spent for a striker. i can't see a drastic improvement here.

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    Not a smart move to disclose how much there will be available.The clubs Secco will deal with,will try & milk it for all it's worth.It looks like a move to calm the fans down.

OP
    Jul 2, 2006
  • Thread Starter #371
    'Juve will spend another €50m' Thursday 4 February, 2010

One of Italy's most famous football agents believes Juventus will spend another €50m this summer after a season of disappointment.
    since he says another 50m, what we get from sold players won't be used in mercato. it will be 50m no matter how many shit we sell.
    Why do u think that if we didn't sell those players for 18mln we still spent 50, and not 32?
    actually 32 but if you ask them it is 50. if we will spend another 50, like we did last season, we will watch same movie.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    And why would the management tell an agent such issue???
    What makes you believe our management told him anything?

Antonio Caliendo, whose clients include David Trezeguet, also added that he doesn't think Juventus will be cautious after spending that figure on Diego and Felipe Melo, two players who have so far failed to lived up to expectations.

Asked if he believed Juventus would spend another €50m like last year, Caliendo replied: “In my opinion, yes the figure could be between €40m and €50m, also because they know what their responsibilities are towards the fans. Even though they will not be bled dry for players who they don't judge to be of a good enough standard to play for Juve.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Hey, if you want to discuss the summer mercato do it in another thread. There is another reason why I posted this article here and you're all ignoring it.

Concentrate on the guy who was buying Uruguayans and took all the credit of Bettega's work. :D

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
    Aug 22, 2006
    What makes you believe our management told him anything?

:oops:

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    Why would that interest Caliendo though?

He's just an agent, not a Juventus employee.
    Do you really think that sporting directors & agents don't talk? When a club spends big,they need to balance the books & sell players.As if he's not lining up suitors for Trez,he makes money & maintains a good relationship with the BOD with future sales to the club.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    Don't get me wrong B, of course they do talk. Especially when they have known each other for many years.

But do you really believe that our board is going to tell him how much money we are planning on spending in 6 months time? That just does not sound likely to me at all.

Heck, I would be very surprised if right now our board already knows what we're going to spend: we still don't know where we'll end up in the league, possible Elkanns' interferences, will we need to fund a top class coach or are we going ahead with Zac?, ...
    Way too many variables right now if you ask me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)