Luciano Moggi (13 Viewers)

Shall we move Moggi's thread to the [Legend] section?

• Yes, move it to the legend section

• No, it shouldn't, keep it as it is

• I don't care/Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
“It was a wonderful celebration and there were so many sporting champions there, including Donnarumma, Pogba, Cassano, Gattuso and many others,”
“In the end, the whole Milan team arrived straight from Bergamo after the victory over Atalanta too.”
It was Moggi who signed Ibrahimovic for Juventus in 2004 after he had first made his mark at Ajax.

“I consider him one of the most important players I signed, because he gave enormous results to us and to all of Italian football.
“I hadn’t seen Pogba in a while, so I was happy to chat with him again. We talked about the Premier League, he told me it’s difficult, but Manchester United have a good team and Cristiano Ronaldo’s arrival could improve the situation.”

Nothing seems to phase Ibrahimovic and that includes a surprise 40th birthday party organised by his wife.

“He wasn’t remotely emotional. Maybe he was inside, but on the outside, it was the same old Zlatan. Zlatan knows what he has to do, whether he’s 30 years old, 40 or 50.”
https://football-italia.net/pogba-gattuso-and-cassano-at-ibrahimovics-birthday-party/

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
I primi dieci giorni dopo l’esplosione dello scandalo sono stati tremendi.
Televisioni, radio e giornali ripetevano costantemente ‘scandalo nel calcio eccetera’, ma io non mi sono mai approfittato di niente e di nessuno. Essere tacciato da ladro mi ha fatto male. Devo dire che mi sentivo abbastanza abbattuto. Avevo vergogna pure a passeggiare per le strade: era come se mi fosse caduta addosso non una tegola, ma un’intera casa. Quella squadra era il mio capolavoro e in quel momento lì ho pensato a tante cose: è importante che lo dica, anche al suicidio, ma la religione mi ha insegnato che la vita è fatta di tanti momenti, belli e brutti, e bisogna andare avanti, combattendo anche quelli brutti. Nel momento più brutto ho sentito una forza interiore dentro di me che mi diceva ‘devi combattere, devi dimostrare al mondo che ciò che è stato detto e fatto sono finzioni”.

The first ten days after the outbreak of the scandal were terrible.
Televisions, radios and newspapers constantly repeated 'scandal in football etc.', but I have never taken advantage of anything or anyone. Being accused of a thief hurt me. I have to say, I felt pretty downcast. I was also ashamed to walk the streets: it was as if not a tile had fallen on me, but an entire house. That team was my masterpiece and in that moment I thought of many things there: it is important that I say it, even about suicide, but religion taught me that life is made up of many moments, good and bad, and we must go on , fighting even the ugly ones. In the worst moment I felt an inner strength inside me telling me 'you have to fight, you have to show the world that what has been said and done are fictions ”.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Just watching the Netflix episode. All made up shit. All they have is a furious old man in Moggi being out of line "I locked the ref in the bath" etc. Wtf does that even mean. .I don't see Ferguson being prosecuted for manure always getting 5 min extra time whenever they were down and immediate whistle when they were ahead. Intimidation goes on everywhere difference is we got pointed out.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Just watching the Netflix episode. All made up shit. All they have is a furious old man in Moggi being out of line "I locked the ref in the bath" etc. Wtf does that even mean. .I don't see Ferguson being prosecuted for manure always getting 5 min extra time whenever they were down and immediate whistle when they were ahead. Intimidation goes on everywhere difference is we got pointed out.
As soon as I saw the trailer for the series I could tell it was going to be trash, they are trying to sell it on scandals, but this will happen as long as the official line remains.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
As soon as I saw the trailer for the series I could tell it was going to be trash, they are trying to sell it on scandals, but this will happen as long as the official line remains.
Man an intelligent neutral can put together the statements in tbe video and decide. It's all technicalities, all accusations, that shit would have been thrown out of court here in the U.S in half an hour. If anything it was a conspiracy to weaken our club. Look at that roster, was barely beginning to gel and destroy all teams before it..that team could dismantle any team and we were taking apart because of it.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
If AA was there in 2006, I doubt that we would have been relegated.

- - - Updated - - -

What irks me most is the holier than thou attitude of Inter fans. Like an ostrich’s head in the sand, they conveniently overlook Fachetti’s corruption.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I think there are two parts to the story - the punishment of Luciano Moggi and the punishment of Juventus. Although I agree that persons in similar positions in other big clubs were doing similar or possibly even worse crimes, Moggi wasn't playing by the book and he deserved to be banned from football. The punishment of Juventus (which wasn't handed out by court but by FIGC) is the one that sticks out like a sour thumb, Inter who were doing the same shit benefited massively.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
If you are fining Juve as a club then Moggi is punished in that scenario as well by being demoted with the club. meaning that already serves as his punishment. If you are fining Moggi who as you say did wrong then with no proven evidence that the club had any knowledge how do you demote the club as well? It's one or the other not both. Some mafioso shit.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Funny how nowhere did the documentary mention the involvement of fachetti and inter, Meani and milan, hell even Guido Rossi's involvement with inter/pirelli and became head of the figc to punish Juve.

Just seemed there was a bit of a cover up from the producers in the end to then say "oh by the way milan, lazio, etc... all got punished though not to the same degree, doesn't matter why or how they were involved all that matters is Juve got made an example of and so did Moggi"

I can't help but think this documentary only helped tarnish our name some more by reminding people of how one sided that case was. It never once mentioned how Juve had 2 weeks to prepare a defence just to appease the figc and uefa.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Moggi: "I had more fun doing it in Naples than at Juve"

"I got bored talking about my story, but slowly people are changing their minds. I don't care who wanted to cheat me, the important thing is that I have a clear conscience.

Suffice it to say that in Coverciano they even replaced the video about the referees draw. They called me like a football mafia, but football is like that. People, even if they understand how things went, like to blame me as it happened in Naples.

The trial was done to hit Juventus, not just me. In an episode about Cordoba, a former Inter defender, Auricchio declared that he didn't care about Inter. So what are we talking about? They just wanted to hit Juve.

Am I the God on Earth of Italian football? "We had against the Lega and Coni: I simply defended myself, I was no God. When Pope John Paul II died I decided to postpone the game by one day, but in the end the game was played after twenty days, so Milan could recover Kaka. The blame, however, was given to me. I am not a victim, I am a victim, but I don't care much. "

Relations with Elkann? "These are my things, I don't want to talk about them. Actually, I have to admit that the trio made up of me, Giraudo and Bettega was not very nice, but from this to say that we are guilty of everything it takes.

What happened to the Juve style? "I'm no longer at Juve, you don't have to ask me. But if Gianni Agnelli saw this management he would turn in his grave."

Scudetto? "This year I support Napoli, I like it for the city and the fans. In the past I have enjoyed winning the championships in Naples more than in Turin".

https://www.tuttojuve.com/altre-not...sso-fatto-per-colpire-solo-la-juventus-578415
https://www.spazionapoli.it/2021/11/10/moggi-scudetto-napoli-juventus/

Jäger

May 2, 2021
Luciano Moggi: “Zlatan is absolutely right, unlike all the quaquaraquà who are in football, he is a serious person. Ibra is right, those championships were won on the pitch and no one can to say otherwise, because no process has established that the championship was altered.

"At Juventus the scudetti were taken away by those who had an interest in killing those who knew how to work well. Like today for capital gains: the name Juventus is written in large letters, that of the other clubs with characters like a mortuary announcement.”
:heart:

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Moggi to Report: “There are very powerful agents: Mendes and Raiola and then there are agents inside clubs that help find new players. The agent doesn't harm the club, the club does it to itself when they don't know how to deal. I made strong teams with Raiola: do you know how much I gave him after I signed Nedved and Emerson when he acted as an intermediary? And including Ibrahimovic? All deals with Raiola costed me a million.”

- - - Updated - - -

Moggi to Report: “If you do a plusvalenza, all you do is push the debts to later years. We were investigated for a plusvalenza of 5mln, Juve was being monitored by Lega calcio for helping Fiorentina who was going bankrupt and we bought Moretti from them. There were clubs that were doing this with 200 and something million and you know all of them, like Inter, Milan, Roma. The prosecutors closed the case in a few months. Our sentence lasted 2 years for 5mln just because it was a complaint against unknown persons from Juventus. The unknowns were myself, Bettega and Giraudo. The club reached a settlement and the sentence was terminated as it wasn't existent.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)