Lucho Gonzalez (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
We already have quite many not well known, average players so don't need them more we need real star players more
Do you think that our board will go for a world class player?? Our team will work with many and just good rotation players. Luco is good, has some experience and has proven in porto that he can do well. He is a player i would like to see here this year...

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
Do you think that our board will go for a world class player?? Our team will work with many and just good rotation players. Luco is good, has some experience and has proven in porto that he can do well. He is a player i would like to see here this year...
I don't really think so that's, but I'm still insisting on that because I'm tired of these dozens of average players

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Is he really so good??
the youtube video says it
is he playing like this regulary don`t know but I can`t say I`m not very impressed by it
This video impressed me more than most of the other players videos

and someone said he has good defending skills so I really think he should be bought

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Kovac? wtf? WHAT FOR??
And to lucho... i prefer aquilani for the same price.

this article is bullshit imo
Money is not everything.It would be much easier to sign Lucho even if they are at the same price.

I don't think Aquilani is going to leave Rome but Lucho will leave Porto eventually.

As for Lucho,I'd say yes without thinking twice if we're talking about the right price.We all know their players are way over-priced.

As for Nenad...he is a decent/good player but we don't need him.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
that video is probably compilation of 10 games or so..
Im can make similar video for Tiago based on his 20 or so games, and make him superstar ..But i wont :)
That is not true I wasn`t impressed by lots of youtube videos and... I must say Lucho`s one has impressed me more than many of them

for example Xabi Alonso he might be a great player or something but his youtube videos are not that impressive.

about Tiago he looks good in his youtube video nothing more but also his defensive skills and fragileness aren`t shown on those videos

that is why I asked if Lucho is any good defensively!

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
That is not true I wasn`t impressed by lots of youtube videos and... I must say Lucho`s one has impressed me more than many of them

for example Xabi Alonso he might be a great player or something but his youtube videos are not that impressive.

about Tiago he looks good in his youtube video nothing more but also his defensive skills and fragileness aren`t shown on those videos

that is why I asked if Lucho is any good defensively!
wait wait wait. let me get this straight; you're actually rating players based upon their youtube videos... wow, that's just.... wow...
please tell me you're joking. Some video about some fancy passes or tricks says nothing about a player. You know, you can't rate a player based on 2-sec-snippets... what if 96% of his tricks go wrong, and one succeeds, and you see that one, is he still that good?
Come on... i'm not saying lucho is bad or anything, in fact i saw him like 5 times, and he was always above average, i must admit, but still... that doesn't mean anything, because look at tiago. I remember some fancy youtube videos about him too... and you'd need someone with a lot of special-effect-skills to produce a video NOW.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
wait wait wait. let me get this straight; you're actually rating players based upon their youtube videos... wow, that's just.... wow...
please tell me you're joking. Some video about some fancy passes or tricks says nothing about a player. You know, you can't rate a player based on 2-sec-snippets... what if 96% of his tricks go wrong, and one succeeds, and you see that one, is he still that good?
Come on... i'm not saying lucho is bad or anything, in fact i saw him like 5 times, and he was always above average, i must admit, but still... that doesn't mean anything, because look at tiago. I remember some fancy youtube videos about him too... and you'd need someone with a lot of special-effect-skills to produce a video NOW.
It`s not about their tricks!
Tricks mean nothing! just look at the Kovacevic youtube... he made lots of tricks but none were something that was needed

and when I don`t know a player the youtube videos are all I can count on!

What I saw was his movement and descisions + great passes and vision
Tiago for that example is quite good but he lacks the things you don`t see in this video like defensive ability which he has none and he is also very fragile
also Tiago is not a bad player! he just didn`t fit in our system

excuse me for saying that the player seems like a great one based on those videos
and by the way most of the videos are quite accurate as I`m not impressed by half of them

as for Xabi Alonso he could be a great player but the youtube videos shown me he is a good player but not a superstar I can`t see him making a team far better but don`t get me wrong he is a good player
I also seen him playing games and I wasn`t too impressed altough he might play better in a different league with different style of football

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
what if i made you a youtube-video of all the wrong passes cristiano ronaldo made, or all the balls that giovinco lost while dribbling or something. Would that make the player worthless then? If lucho makes some awesome passes against a non-existing Portuguese defense, that's one thing - but making an impression at juve is another. Youtube videos are subjective, and they don't give any reliable information about a player. I mean Lucho is a CM/RM player in his prime years at a price of approx 20 million €. It's obvious that he HAS to have done at least SOME decent passes/shots/goals/assists in his life...

Mar 14, 2004

Tiago is a wanker,always was and will be. Lucho necer complained when Basile moved him to a right back/wing,he's a fighter with vision and definitely more capable in finishing actions infront of goal compared to Xabi.....

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
what if i made you a youtube-video of all the wrong passes cristiano ronaldo made, or all the balls that giovinco lost while dribbling or something. Would that make the player worthless then? If lucho makes some awesome passes against a non-existing Portuguese defense, that's one thing - but making an impression at juve is another. Youtube videos are subjective, and they don't give any reliable information about a player. I mean Lucho is a CM/RM player in his prime years at a price of approx 20 million €. It's obvious that he HAS to have done at least SOME decent passes/shots/goals/assists in his life...
I know that those are his best moments but if you compare between his youtube moments to other players then you`ll see he is much more impressive

you can`t get to know his ability exactly but you can get some clue about his playing style

as I said before it`s not about the back heel he puts the rabona of Aquilani or the I forgot what of Giovinco it`s not about anything of those
It`s just about playing style
and altough I agree you can`t say he is a great player if you didn`t really watch a couple of his games, YOU CAN get a clue about his style of play

lets say Quaresma you can tell he is a skillfull player from those videos but you can`t tell if he is a great player based on those cause you don`t know how many times he tend to dribble and maybe he slows down the team`s play who knows
for that reason you should look to games

for players who are more about movement and passes you can get a clue ofcourse its not 100% accurate but you can get a clue!
by the way those kind of players this information is not bad at all!

and If I already mentioned Quaresma he might be selfish and only suited for a mid table team and I might be wrong and he could suit everyone
I watched his youtube`s moment and gathered that information then I watched a couple of his matches and it proved me right
a player like him is a huge gamble

a player like Lucho is less of a gamble but ofcourse every player is a gamble!

as for Tiago his fragility and lack of defensive abilities are the main reasons for why he flopped IMO
If you watch him you`ll see he can give those passes but his other skills are the ones who are not good enough for him to succeed at Juve

If we sell him to Atl Madrid I think he could be a good player for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)