Lucas Piazon - Midfielder/Forward - Sao Paulo (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
I haven't seen him play, and refuse to buy into the hype, but when was the last time we spent this much on a player his age? Either our transfer philosophy has taken a 180, or this kid is indeed special.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
If Mark got away with the confidence in Hiddink and Benitez done deals, I’ll sure find my way out :D
I lost faith in his "news" long ago.
Just like we loaned them Sorenson? We loaned youngers who didn't had any influence on the squad. It's a bit hard to see this kid as our average youngster, we've paid 6.5M probably, it hints in the direction of first team player.
We couldn't loan Sorensen because he's on loan to us.

I doubt he even exists.
:lol:

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
So just to get this straight...assuming he is our player...At best, he could come to us in the summer, after getting his italian passport??? If not, and he stays non-eu, then we would have to wait until january of 2012.

I am assuming the Summer, because the fifa agent chap durante, mentioned july or june...How long does it take to get a passport???Somewhere like england, maybe a few weeks, although express options are available if i recall correctly. but what about in Brazil?? Still, we have lawyers, who could surely make it move quickly...

I guess I am trying to find out :
if gaining an italian passport will take months, not days or weeks???

Can we pay for him now, and bring him over to train with us, but not play competitively until he gets the italian passport or turns 18 january of next year???

and lastly...how can we buy him before he gets an eu passport, as I thought we were only allowed ONE non-eu signing per season, or is it per year????

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I think he would then have to be our non-EU signing of the season.

and its per season, so we would get him this summer.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Six weeks is the usual for Italian passports, I can say. Give or take the awfulness of the bureaucracy in that particular consulate/embassy branch.
Really? I wonder if they make exceptions for footballers. I need to order like 12 documents just to secure mine.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Well, it really depends upon how tenuous your "proof" is, as well. I mean, if it's something as straight forward as a parent being Italian, then it's usually quite short. However, if there's something as silly as a spelling mistake SOMEWHERE they'll make you jump through all sorts of hoops. You'd think they don't even have fax machines or e-mail with how convoluted their communications can be.

With regard to Piazon, his agent or whoever said something along the lines of having "roots" in Veneto. That could be something really distant, so until they really do some proper digging, it could go on for a while.

They make exceptions based upon who you know, really. Typically footballers are high-profile and have money, so things get greased a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)