Luca Toni (3 Viewers)

Jun 13, 2007
I think toni and Juve came together at the right time. We needed his passion, his skill, his size....

Luca needed a club where he could revitalize his career on a grand stage.

I hope he finishes his career with Juve and maybe grabs a Scudetto in the process. :)
I don't think we needed him, but I'm glad he's here.

Jul 10, 2006
Toni: Juventus will be great again

Luca Toni is convinced that Juventus can return to their former glory and become a great team again.

The veteran striker joined Juventus in the January transfer window and is aiming to qualify for next year's Champions League.

Interviewed in Hurra Juventus, Toni said: “What counts is the spirit and the desire of the group.

“Perhaps we have something less with respect to Inter and Milan, but the strongest team doesn't always win.

“We need positive results to give us enthusiasm in order to make a jump in quality.

“There are many young players in this team. If tings go right, they can acquire confidence and give an even more important contribution.

“In the future, Juve can return to the golden years.”

Neutrol

Anti-Moggi
May 24, 2009
Toni: 'Juve catching up!'

Luca Toni insists Juventus “are catching up” on the top sides, while Fabio Quagliarella could be back before the end of the season.

“We are catching up and now the team is really fired up, especially after the win over Inter,” said Toni.

The Bianconeri visit Lecce for the 11.30 UK time kick-off and Toni is expected to start alongside Alessandro Matri.

“I invite all fans to come to the stadium to support us in this crucial moment of the campaign.

“Who do I prefer as a strike partner? Matri gives more depth to the team, while Alex Del Piero comes towards the ball and seeks the one-on-one. There’s no doubting they are both great forwards.”

There could be another addition to the Juventus squad, as Quagliarella is recovering faster than expected from torn knee ligaments.

“I think we can hand the player back to his club by the end of April,” said Professor Mariani after a check-up this weekend.

“If all parameters are met, then he can even start light running now. I’d say something more than that should wait until the end of March, when we can have another check-up.”

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Toni: 'Juve catching up!'

Luca Toni insists Juventus “are catching up” on the top sides, while Fabio Quagliarella could be back before the end of the season.

“We are catching up and now the team is really fired up, especially after the win over Inter,” said Toni.

The Bianconeri visit Lecce for the 11.30 UK time kick-off and Toni is expected to start alongside Alessandro Matri.

“I invite all fans to come to the stadium to support us in this crucial moment of the campaign.

“Who do I prefer as a strike partner? Matri gives more depth to the team, while Alex Del Piero comes towards the ball and seeks the one-on-one. There’s no doubting they are both great forwards.”

There could be another addition to the Juventus squad, as Quagliarella is recovering faster than expected from torn knee ligaments.

“I think we can hand the player back to his club by the end of April,” said Professor Mariani after a check-up this weekend.

“If all parameters are met, then he can even start light running now. I’d say something more than that should wait until the end of March, when we can have another check-up.”
Both Toni and Matri talking of challenging the front runners and we lose Gigi & 2-0 to a serie B team. Coincidence????

May 22, 2007
Once we lost Krasic, Matri was forced out wide. And then what Toni did against Inter so successfully became pointless because he didn't have someone to pass the ball to when he won the headers.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Not his fault that we lost, tbh. Still did his job, unlike most of the team.
And that job would be? He either made a foul or lost the ball almost everytime ball came near to him. He didn't even had a shot on goal, not talking about troubling the keeper. He didn't help in defense at all. Del Neri also did his job, put the team in buss, drove to Lecce, gave a pre-match speech and made some subs during the game, but that doesn't mean that it is not his fault that we lost. Toni also should take part of the blame.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
And that job would be? He either made a foul or lost the ball almost everytime ball came near to him. He didn't even had a shot on goal, not talking about troubling the keeper. He didn't help in defense at all.
I didn't say he shouldn't take part of the blame, but he was far from our worst player out there.

He was actually still winning headers, knocking the ball down and making himself available up front, but with Matri stuck on the left wing, all of that good work went to waste. You can't really blame him for not having a shot on target when the rest of our team was playing like crap and the only real attacking threat we have from midfield was subbed off.

Since when was Luca Toni supposed to help out with defence anyway?

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I didn't say he shouldn't take part of the blame, but he was far from our worst player out there.

He was actually still winning headers, knocking the ball down and making himself available up front, but with Matri stuck on the left wing, all of that good work went to waste. You can't really blame him for not having a shot on target when the rest of our team was playing like crap and the only real attacking threat we have from midfield was subbed off.

Since when was Luca Toni supposed to help out with defence anyway?
Well I'd agree on that, previously you said it's not his fault, which is pretty much not true, if you don't receive ball in the penalty box you go back and fight to get it that far, he didn't add anything. If winning headers means outjumping the opponent and heading the ball somewhere then yes, he did that for few times but nothing good came out of it.
Since we were 1 man down Luca Toni was supposed to help out in defense, that's what teammates do in difficult situations, they fight for each other not just "do their job".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)