Loyal players to remember from european clubs? (2 Viewers)

Salkcin

Mar 22, 2006
I don't know if you think it's silly, but I would actually like to have a list of loyal players who for their club always was the fans favorite and played for the club a lot of years - a list of which players was to their club what Del Piero are to Juventus.

Now a days it seams that all good players get hi-jacked by Chelsea or Real Madrid and they're only mercenarys.

Before Real Madrid got their new president in 2001 (or so) who promissed to buy all the stars (Figo, Zidane, Beckham, Ronaldo and so on) even the "small" teams had a star player who the big teams "feared", but they just get hijacked now.

To mention some players who where the hero of their club there's :

Fiorentina : Gabriel Batistuta (although he ended up being a mercenary for Capello)
Juventus : Alessandro Del Piero
Man Utd : Roy Keane (even though they seperated in hate)
Milan : Paolo Maldini
Napoli : Diego Maradona?
Newcastle : Alan Shearer (even though he got his breakthorugh in Blackburn)
Real Madrid : Raul

Were'nt Giuseppe Signori also a fan-favorite of Lazio in the mid-90's? (he did certainly score a lot of goals)

Can you come up with other players who has this status from the teams of the Uefa cups or so... I think it would be nice to know. I kind a respect these players and would like to know who they are :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

malducato1

Dec 26, 2005
Off the top of my head you could aslo say franco baresi for miland and you could also add pavel neved and antonio conte to the list for juve.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
pavelnedved said:
i guess you mean that he scored more ? :p
Ok what I mean is, that Milan would've have done as good even without Maldini, but there are certain stuff (great stuff) that wouldn't happened to Juve if not Del Piero.

Clear? :D

engonga

Jul 22, 2005
Salkcin said:
I don't know if you think it's silly, but I would actually like to have a list of loyal players who for their club always was the fans favorite and played for the club a lot of years - a list of which players was to their club what Del Piero are to Juventus.

Now a days it seams that all good players get hi-jacked by Chelsea or Real Madrid and they're only mercenarys.

Before Real Madrid got their new president in 2001 (or so) who promissed to buy all the stars (Figo, Zidane, Beckham, Ronaldo and so on) even the "small" teams had a star player who the big teams "feared", but they just get hijacked now.

To mention some players who where the hero of their club there's :

Fiorentina : Gabriel Batistuta (although he ended up being a mercenary for Capello)
Juventus : Alessandro Del Piero
Man Utd : Roy Keane (even though they seperated in hate)
Milan : Paolo Maldini
Napoli : Diego Maradona?
Newcastle : Alan Shearer (even though he got his breakthorugh in Blackburn)
Real Madrid : Raul

Were'nt Giuseppe Signori also a fan-favorite of Lazio in the mid-90's? (he did certainly score a lot of goals)

Can you come up with other players who has this status from the teams of the Uefa cups or so... I think it would be nice to know. I kind a respect these players and would like to know who they are :)
i would add
totti to roma
extberria to bilbao
jorge costa to porto
costacurta to milan
hierro to madrid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)