LOTR:The Two Towers (1 Viewer)

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    but may i suggest you pay a visit to the ladies before the movie....
    its 3 hrs long so you wouldn't want to answer nature's call in the middle of the movie would you?

i forgot to go and it got worse as the movie progressed....too much coke i think:)

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    We’ll folks, I saw the film yesterday and if it’s a children’s fairy tail with nice special effects then this film is for you. If you’re a die hard, true follower of Lord of the Rings then I’m afraid you’ll leave the theatre like me, angry and extremely disappointed. This film is great visually, but the script is a sad shambles of the true Two Towers. Great noble characters such as King Theoden and Faramir have their character’s assassinated for no good reason; entire scenes are introduced which do not exist at the expense of even more exiting, pertinent ones; and glaring errors are blatantly obvious to anyone who saw the first film never mind read the books. Sorry folks, for a LOTR junkie like me, this is sad, feeble attempt at what could have been the greatest film series ever made. After the triumph of the Fellowship of the Ring , Jackson has failed the true followers at the second attempt. Goodness knows what lies ahead with the Return of the King?:down::(

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++
    We’ll folks, I saw the film yesterday and if it’s a children’s fairy tail with nice special effects then this film is for you. If you’re a die hard, true follower of Lord of the Rings then I’m afraid you’ll leave the theatre like me, angry and extremely disappointed. This film is great visually, but the script is a sad shambles of the true Two Towers. Great noble characters such as King Theoden and Faramir have their character’s assassinated for no good reason; entire scenes are introduced which do not exist at the expense of even more exiting, pertinent ones; and glaring errors are blatantly obvious to anyone who saw the first film never mind read the books. Sorry folks, for a LOTR junkie like me, this is sad, feeble attempt at what could have been the greatest film series ever made. After the triumph of the Fellowship of the Ring , Jackson has failed the true followers at the second attempt. Goodness knows what lies ahead with the Return of the King?:down::(
    Finally..... the testimony of someone that follows the book with as much pasion as i do.

The treatment of faramir and theoden was truely shameful... and the emission of aragorn addressing the uruk-hai from the arch was beyond criminal.
    Also the mis-placement of Eomer and the riders of rohan ruined helms deep and took a massive amount away from what the white rider did at that time.

Personally i enjoyed the film but as a tolkien fan, i left feeling very dissapointed and frankly.... cheated, there are so many changes and emmisions and worse of all completely made up stuff that completely ripped the greatness of the book away from us.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++
    We’ll folks, I saw the film yesterday and if it’s a children’s fairy tail with nice special effects then this film is for you. If you’re a die hard, true follower of Lord of the Rings then I’m afraid you’ll leave the theatre like me, angry and extremely disappointed. This film is great visually, but the script is a sad shambles of the true Two Towers. Great noble characters such as King Theoden and Faramir have their character’s assassinated for no good reason; entire scenes are introduced which do not exist at the expense of even more exiting, pertinent ones; and glaring errors are blatantly obvious to anyone who saw the first film never mind read the books. Sorry folks, for a LOTR junkie like me, this is sad, feeble attempt at what could have been the greatest film series ever made. After the triumph of the Fellowship of the Ring , Jackson has failed the true followers at the second attempt. Goodness knows what lies ahead with the Return of the King?
    ooh, that bad?
    I'm gonna have to read the books again I think, so I can tell just how good or not the films are

NeLLy

Dec 6, 2002
    i read the movie review today in the morning.they didnt recommend the audience to watch the movie and they said that the first part was best,

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    I agree with Roverbhoy and Shadowfax... Theese movies are a disgrace to the great trilogy.

But I could imagine that the movies are great if you haven't read the books.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

The treatment of faramir and theoden was truely shameful... and the emission of aragorn addressing the uruk-hai from the arch was beyond criminal.
    Also the mis-placement of Eomer and the riders of rohan ruined helms deep and took a massive amount away from what the white rider did at that time.
    A truly memorable moment as Aragorn looks to the sunrise and warns the Uruk-hai that the dawn may bring their doom. Many such moments are missed Shadowfax, such as my favourite when man, elf and dwarf meet The Riders of Rohan during their pursuit of Merry and Pipin. Aragorn reveals Anduril and his lineage, much to the amazement of Eomer and the other riders; or the argument at the doors of the Golden Hall when Aragorn is asked by Hama to hand over Anduril. All amazingly omitted by Jackson needlessly. Even the history of Gandalfs association with Shadowfax is passed over.
    Swapping Eomer for Erkenbrand was just as ridiculous as swapping Arwen for Glorfindel in the Fellowship.
    The film is a masterpiece of cinematography and computer graphics, and if I hadn’t read the trilogy, Hobbit and Silmarillon, I suppose I could have been satisfied at that, but I’ve just spent the last year listening to Jackson eulogise on how he had strived to keep to the true spirit of Tolkien, but now found out that he’d sold out to Hollywood. SAD, SAD,SAD. :frown:

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    couldnt agree more Rover

I think if i went through all my complaints here , we would be discussing this for many years to come....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)