LOTR:The Two Towers (2 Viewers)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [DJ Juve] ] ++
no just about the two towers,, would it be better if it was exact or almost exact? (to all the readers...)
Yes if he had kept to the book, it would have had more flow, more continuity it would have been better and more importantly would have connected to the first film better and also slid into the last film easier and produced a seamless single work...

You must remember that lotr is not a trilogy.. its a single story split into 3 parts

Greg

Oct 1, 2001
I'm gonna take up some space and say that I got bored half way through the 1st one, so with half of it to go I stopped watching and vowed to never watch the other films or read the book

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Greg ] ++
I'm gonna take up some space and say that I got bored half way through the 1st one, so with half of it to go I stopped watching and vowed to never watch the other films or read the book
Shame to deprive yourself of such a great book....

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Great because of the story or because of the philosophy?
QUOTE]

Great... because its a great book, no deep reasons or anything else, jus a great book that nigh on half the world have read.... so why not have a read.... its not as though it takes long to get through it... so why not!

Greg

Oct 1, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
Great because of the story or because of the philosophy?
QUOTE]

Great... because its a great book, no deep reasons or anything else, jus a great book that nigh on half the world have read.... so why not have a read.... its not as though it takes long to get through it... so why not!
I read the Hobbit and that was boring as well. Who knows, one day maybe........

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
I saw it for the first time on Sunday afternoon and it left me feeling pretty underwelmed. For such a long film, it's lacks any real depth. I'm not saying it's a bad film, because it's not. It just shows why books can never be bettered.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
No film can ever better a book! Books can contain so much depth, information, storylines running through and parallell to eachother and so many little details i.e. characters we only hear from two sentences but who say or do something that influences everything.

Also, one can describe emotions, feelings and thoughts of characters in books which you can hardly show in movies.

The book still holds the future despite Hollywood. You gotta love that!

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

Also, one can describe emotions, feelings and thoughts of characters in books which you can hardly show in movies.
One of the failings of this film, a very good film, yet very flawed.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
No film can ever better a book! Books can contain so much depth, information, storylines running through and parallell to eachother and so many little details i.e. characters we only hear from two sentences but who say or do something that influences everything.

The book still holds the future despite Hollywood. You gotta love that!
Well movies can enchant you in other ways. I don't read a great deal but I might agree a good book is enough to take your breath away while such movies are far between, despite there being many great productions.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Oh, but I would never look down on a good movie!

I respect the people in the business, capable of producing a good movie. It's an art!

The Lord of the Rings series has been filmed well, it's worth to applaud the men who dared to put the books on the white screen. It takes courage as it's easy to ruin it!

Still they too had to bent for the fact that no movie could ever top the imagination of the reader...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)