LOTR:The Two Towers (1 Viewer)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

Bombadil isnt that well explained in the central 3 books but basically he is one of the Valar, Aulë

eg. he is more powerful than gandalf, saruman, sauron, morgoth, aragorn etc etc all togeather
thanks for all this paul. Could this be found in the history of middle earth book?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Tom,

Really you need to read them all (the adventures of tom bombadil, silmarilion, hobbit, FOTR, TTT, ROTK, History of middle earth volumes 1 - 12)

Information about each character is spread across all the books

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
Tom,

Really you need to read them all (the adventures of tom bombadil, silmarilion, hobbit, FOTR, TTT, ROTK, History of middle earth volumes 1 - 12)

Information about each character is spread across all the books
thanks again paul!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++
We’ll folks, I saw the film yesterday and if it’s a children’s fairy tail with nice special effects then this film is for you. If you’re a die hard, true follower of Lord of the Rings then I’m afraid you’ll leave the theatre like me, angry and extremely disappointed. This film is great visually, but the script is a sad shambles of the true Two Towers. Great noble characters such as King Theoden and Faramir have their character’s assassinated for no good reason; entire scenes are introduced which do not exist at the expense of even more exiting, pertinent ones; and glaring errors are blatantly obvious to anyone who saw the first film never mind read the books. Sorry folks, for a LOTR junkie like me, this is sad, feeble attempt at what could have been the greatest film series ever made. After the triumph of the Fellowship of the Ring , Jackson has failed the true followers at the second attempt. Goodness knows what lies ahead with the Return of the King?:down::(
Finally, having just read the three books, I can see exactly where you are coming from. When I saw the film, I was very impressed, having not read the books for so long I assumed Jackson had pretty much followed the script, so to speak. I could not have been more wrong.

The assassination of Faramir as you call it is ridiculous. When I was reading the book I thought to myself, where is the arrogant, hard to like character of the film? He is totally different! Why this was done I have no idea but I really don't see the point in doing this if they aren't going to do it properly.

Roll on return of the king :undecide:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)