Look, Zlatan.. (1 Viewer)

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
Well, this whole thread is about a Sweden - Denmark conspiracy.
Italy beat Bularia in the last minute or so just like Sweden equalised in the last minute or so...yet no question of a conspiracy between Italy - Bulgaria.

Would those who believe the Danes and Swedes had a conspiracy present an argument against a claim that the Italians didn't bribe the Bulgarians to let them win.

Were's the evidence this didn't happen

Although I don't believe it to be so, I'd still like them to defend the accuation, just like those who are defending the Danes and Swedes are being asked to do.

Convince me beyond a reasonable doubt it didn't happen

I'm only acting as Devils Advocate here, but I'd like to see the arguments

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
You will never be convinced behind any douby. just like no one will ever prove the 2-2 was a conspiracy.

but you can't compare the two goals. Sorensen should have easily caught the ball and it does look suspicious. Italy's goal was nothing like that.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
It is clear that the Italians, seeing a Quarterfinals place (as Sweden was a goal down to Denmark) set the fixing wheels in motion. Within seconds a hurriedly prepared payoff was prepared for th Bulgarian federation. The deal was presented behind the scenes to the Bulgarian Federation President by known thief and match fixer Pierluigi Collina. The large cash sum was advanced out of the proceeds of Collina's lawsuit against Juventus supporters for starting a slanderous website aimed at Collina's record of thievery.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by JuveCampione ] ++
You will never be convinced behind any douby. just like no one will ever prove the 2-2 was a conspiracy.

but you can't compare the two goals. Sorensen should have easily caught the ball and it does look suspicious. Italy's goal was nothing like that.

Answer me this...you honestly think that it was arranged that they would leave it till the last few minutes to ensure a 2-2 draw...cutting it a bit fine, no?
And as for Sorenson I'll say this...the Larsson penalty (and I'm ashamed to say this as Henrik is like a God to me) was not a penalty.
Henke dived (IMHO) and the ref got it wrong. Sorenson did not touch Larsson.
So...why not?
If he wanted to give away a penalty why not definetely bring Larsson down and make a show of it?

Why even get his hand to the cross which led to the Swedish second goal...why not just let it go by and on to a Swedish players head, or deflect it into the goal? Keepers make errors...he's human

You know...least season, Celtic lost the league title to Rangers by goal difference...one goal.
After the last match of the season Celtic's Chris Sutton made a statement live on TV right after the final whistle at Kilmarnock - Rangers opponents that day, Dunfermline, had laid down to Rangers and let them win...he hadn't seen the Rangers game...but just assumed The Pars had laid down.
Sutton was banned for six matches and heavily fined . Dunfermline and their players threatened to sue Sutton for slander, and he was forced to make a groveling public aplogy.

If I was Sweden or Denmark I'd demand that uefa take action against any Italian player or official who continues to make slanderous accusations:(

Sorry to say it, but Italy just didn't do enough to progress

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
It is clear that the Italians, seeing a Quarterfinals place (as Sweden was a goal down to Denmark) set the fixing wheels in motion. Within seconds a hurriedly prepared payoff was prepared for th Bulgarian federation. The deal was presented behind the scenes to the Bulgarian Federation President by known thief and match fixer Pierluigi Collina. The large cash sum was advanced out of the proceeds of Collina's lawsuit against Juventus supporters for starting a slanderous website aimed at Collina's record of thievery.

Vintage Padovano...you kill me man:dontcare:

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++

Why even get his hand to the cross which led to the Swedish second goal...why not just let it go by and on to a Swedish players head, or deflect it into the goal? Keepers make errors...he's human

Of course, maybe he's actually superhuman, and was able to direct a spinning football, flying at him at an upward angle, travelling at sixty-seventy miles an hour, down, with one hand, accurately, to the feet of a moving Swedish player, at the correct pace and angle, to enable him to volley into the net, through two moving players...WOW

People...give up the ghost...move on

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++

well. now it all makes sense.

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #91
    Can someone prove there wasn't a fix? So perhaps instead of calling us crybabies you should realise neither you guys can prove things.

Sep 14, 2003
    I'm getting really tired of this match fix rubbish, it can't be proved either way. The only facts that matter are that Italy haven't progressed and we have failed yet again. I'm much more interested in what we are going to do in the future to avoid these problems.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by AndriesGobert ] ++
    Can someone prove there wasn't a fix? So perhaps instead of calling us crybabies you should realise neither you guys can prove things.
    No one can prove that Donald Rumsfeld isn't the demon spawn of the anti-Christ either, so I don't see that as a form of legitimate argument.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #94
    It isn't an argument to say it was fixed. I meant that you shouldn't laugh at people when they it was fixed, because you cannot prove it wasn't.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #96
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    we can prove that you're a paranoid tho.
    Not unless you can prove the game wasn't fixed. :D

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    As a general rule, whether science or conspiracy theories or the existence of gods and other higher beings, proving non-existence of anything is such a fruitless, pointless argument that I don't think it should even register as a legitimate form of debate or justification. The burden of proof is always on anyone who says such a thing exists -- not on the people who say something doesn't exist.

I'm at least as bummed as you are about Italy not going through. But I'm not going to even think about using outside forces as a scapegoat for their failures. Too easy, too convenient, and too much denial. No team is going to advance unless they forget about the forces beyond their control and focus instead on earning it with the forces within their control. Otherwise, it's a waste of time and energy and an excuse to avoid responsibility.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #98
    It's not about avoiding responsability. Of course Italy are out because Trapattoni decided to sub Del Piero and Cassano versus Sweden. But that doesn't change the fact 2-2 was a very strange score and the fact no one can prove either it was fixed or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)