London 2012 Olympics (38 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Croatia beat the Azzurri in mens waterpolo final and we end the olympics with as many golds as the "super powers" Spain and Brazil :weee:

This were the first summer olympics where we did better in individual sports than in team ones.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
So glad the Olympics are finished! The greatest conglomeration of sports i would never give the time of day to. At least now TV will return to normal

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Oh, I don't know. Given the mindless drivel of no-talent reality TV shows and all, it's refreshing to see real talent.

Also, very cool to see both Seu Jorge and Marisa Monte, two of my favorite Brazilian musicians, as part of the Rio presentation.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
sydney 2000 was way greater :stuckup:
I was just sort of saying that. I still think the Sydney 2000 games were perhaps the best I've seen, but these came pretty damn close, IMO.

I still think the best Winter Games were 1994 in Lillehammer.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Croatia beat the Azzurri in mens waterpolo final and we end the olympics with as many golds as the "super powers" Spain and Brazil :weee:
Spain and Brazil are Olympic superpowers?

Congrats on your medals :tup: That's what I like about the Olympics, it means a lot across the world.

Shame football is such a peripheral sport.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010

Congrats on your medals :tup: That's what I like about the Olympics, it means a lot across the world.

just drop men football from the olympics
in every sport being olympic champion is the highest achievement (only not in football for men).

Olympics are so good for sport also at amateur level in many countries
for example because of Zonderland winning that gold medal makes more kids wanting to go on gymnastic all around holland.

---------- Post added 13.08.2012 at 11:05 ----------

I was just sort of saying that. I still think the Sydney 2000 games were perhaps the best I've seen, but these came pretty damn close, IMO.

I still think the best Winter Games were 1994 in Lillehammer.
I was to young back then but I have heard that a lot.
this were pretty dope too.
for me they are second too :agree:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

They are not really olympic super powers and that's why I put it in quotes. But they are definitely super powers in a bunch of olympic sports, especially team ones, and that's why their 3 golds look really weak.

Both were main favorites in football and none won the gold. Spain are super powers in handball (both men and women) and only managed one bronze. The Brazilians are the only real super power in volleyball and the men vball team choked really hard yesterday. Spain is a traditional big gun in water polo but they failed to even make the semis, while the female water polo team lost the final. In basketball Spain is a powerful team, but I guess they didn't really stand a chance vs the US. The Brazilian male beach vball team also lost the final, despite being super favorites. Their female team also had to do only with a bronze.
Then you have some individual stars who failed to bring a gold.

Btw, if RUS's USSR still existed, those guys would have won 46 gold medals, same as the USA, but the total amount of medals for them would have been 165, which is 61 medals more than the USA.
Such a shame, RUS :D

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Olympics are over, close this thread already. Phelps and Bolt were great, everybody else sucked. End of story.

Mar 9, 2006
They are not really olympic super powers and that's why I put it in quotes. But they are definitely super powers in a bunch of olympic sports, especially team ones, and that's why their 3 golds look really weak.

Both were main favorites in football and none won the gold. Spain are super powers in handball (both men and women) and only managed one bronze. The Brazilians are the only real super power in volleyball and the men vball team choked really hard yesterday. Spain is a traditional big gun in water polo but they failed to even make the semis, while the female water polo team lost the final. In basketball Spain is a powerful team, but I guess they didn't really stand a chance vs the US. The Brazilian male beach vball team also lost the final, despite being super favorites. Their female team also had to do only with a bronze.
Then you have some individual stars who failed to bring a gold.

Btw, if RUS's USSR still existed, those guys would have won 46 gold medals, same as the USA, but the total amount of medals for them would have been 165, which is 61 medals more than the USA.
Such a shame, RUS :D
USSR at 1st place as usual cause we have 47 gold medals :agree:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)