Live Aid 2! (2 Viewers)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

Also agree about robbie... again i dont really like him but as i said before... hes agreat entertainer...

The same here: I never was his fan, but the more I watch him, the more I like him.

------------------------------------------------------

I saw George Michael on the stage in the end of the concert. I didnt know that he's going to be there. I missed his performance. When and what was he singing?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
VR were good though again... Scott has lost the edge he had with stone temple pilots... He used to be the most amazing performer.... Oh the fond memories of muddy fields and festivals....

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

I saw George Michael on the stage in the end of the concert. I didnt know that he's going to be there. I missed his performance. When and what was he singing?
He jus sung abit with McCartney at the end

jaecole

Apr 7, 2005
Though why is Robbie Williams becoming increasingly more camp every time I see him. And was anyone else pissed that they cut of Peter Kay to listen to George Micheals talk crap? :D

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
I'd also like to know, which fvcking idiot had the idea to let pete doherty on the stage.... nad even worse murder... children of the revolution... disgraceful

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Ugh I missed it

I didnt know George Michael was there. Hes one of my childhood fav artists along with the Spice Girls

Jul 28, 2002
The Who and Razorlight were my top performers tonight.

Biggest dissapointment...Pink Floyd, the myth and legend faided away very quickly.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Velvet Revolver was pretty sick today, and so was Queens of the Stone Age. I also heard some old Sound Garden songs during the whole bit, which is a good thing.

Pink Floyd? Who the feck is Pink Floyd......after what I heard today. never really understood the hype behind them to be honest.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Pink Floyd? Who the feck is Pink Floyd......after what I heard today. never really understood the hype behind them to be honest.
:eek:

Take it back, man. It wasn't the greatest performance, but still, it was pretty damn good for a band who hasn't played together for over twenty-five years. They opened with "Breathe" where the vocals weren't all that great, but it's a great song nevertheless. The Hawaiian Lap-Steel guitar in the beginning is so good.

I hope this whole thing works out for Sir Bob Geldolf, so he doesn't look like a fool again.

www.live8live.com

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Max ] ++

:eek:

Take it back, man. It wasn't the greatest performance, but still, it was pretty damn good for a band who hasn't played together for over twenty-five years. They opened with "Breathe" where the vocals weren't all that great, but it's a great song nevertheless. The Hawaiian Lap-Steel guitar in the beginning is so good.

I hope this whole thing works out for Sir Bob Geldolf, so he doesn't look like a fool again.

www.live8live.com
Isn't/wasn't Bob Geldolf part of Pink floyd??why he wasn't on stage?:confused:

jaecole

Apr 7, 2005
He was lead singer of the Boomtown Rats. And he was on stage, he sang I dont like Mondays. The Boomtown Rats only good song :D

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by jaecole ] ++
He was lead singer of the Boomtown Rats. And he was on stage, he sang I dont like Mondays. The Boomtown Rats only good song :D
is that a band??just saw the pic :D

I always tought he is part of PF, man even I saw him on pink floyd's "the wall" movie/musical.. now am lost :undecide:

OP
Tom

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #96
    Overall pretty good. Some points which have been mentioned

I'm in agreement with whoever questioned Pete Doherty's inclusion, thought that was a joke - I'm sure there are far more suitable candidates than he. Even Sir Elton looked like he was feeling a bit uncomfortable when nnouncing him.

The good - U2 (as ever) were brilliant, Scissor sisters were good - Robbie stole the show though. I can't stand him personall but must admit .. was singing my heart out to angels like the rest of them.

The bad - ms dynamite (why the hell was she there) pink floyd (never got the hype anyway - did little to convince), oh and michael stipe is showing his age-- his voice is going downhill, which is a shame.

Bit of a moan also over some of the song selections.. people come here to sing along to songs they know, not new album tracks or some shite blast from the past

Also annoyed that the better bands didn't have longer on stage, and the bbc cut off half of man on the moon by rem interviewing some gimp band (razorlight i think) - pissed me off a bit

Best bit personally was UB40 but only cos I love them, when they did I can't help falling in love with you it made my night :D

Duran Duran sounded on form too.

Jul 28, 2002
    They should have gotten Dire Straits to reform. That would have been good atleast :D
    that woulda been class...better then miss dynithehe

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #99
    They should have gotten Dire Straits to reform. That would have been good atleast :D
    Yeah, I was actually thinking that the other day when I saw their performance from '85, awesome stuff!

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
    The Who and Razorlight were my top performers tonight.

Biggest dissapointment...Pink Floyd, the myth and legend faided away very quickly.
    People are very unfair to Pink Floyd here. I loved the show, the intros to Wish you were here and Breathe were just fantastic. There were mainly technical reason that the gig didn't reach the heights of the previous concerts in 1994. Pink Floyd has a very complex sound that must be almost impossible to do justice live. Still they have the best sound quality on their live shows than anything I've heard before. This time they didn't have time to sound check properly, something they must do for hours before a normal show. Many songs suffered from this, especially the solo in Comfortably numb. The best solo ever didn't get the power it deserves and requires when the sound was so bad. If you listen to the show again and listen very hard to every note you'll see that these guys made a fantastic show.
    Was it just me who loved the new was Gilmour played the solo in Wish you were here? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)