Lilian Thuram (3 Viewers)

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Thuram: Juventus are favourites
Former Juventus and Monaco defender Lilian Thuram believes the Bianconeri are favourites when they meet in the Champions League quarter-finals.

The two clubs face off at the Juventus Stadium on Tuesday evening and Thuram thinks the Old Lady have the upper hand.

“It’s no surprise that Juventus are in the quarter-finals,” he told Tuttosport.

“Even though they’ve had some difficulty in the Champions League in recent years, they’re still a great club.

“With the players they have, they can’t be considered a surprise. Monaco on the other hand have astonished everyone by beating Arsenal in the Last 16.”

Thuram refused to agree with Monaco President Dmitry Rybolovlev that the French side were under less pressure to succeed than Juventus.

“Every squad, including Monaco, has something to lose. At first, everyone thought that Monaco wouldn’t get through the group stage, and then that they had no hope against Arsenal.

“Instead, they’ve made it to the quarter-finals, and once you’re there you want to keep progressing. I don’t believe that they are under any less pressure than Juve.”

The Old Lady will be missing star midfielder Paul Pogba for both legs due to a hamstring injury, but the former French international believes his absence will not significantly weaken the team.

“Juventus are favourites even without Pogba, at least on paper. No player can win a game by themselves, not even [Lionel] Messi.

“Having said that, Pogba is fantastic. He has incredible quality and unusual maturity for a player of his age. You can see he is determined and wants to improve and raise the level of his game.”

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Lilian Thuram is famous for his "Control Your Arms" teeshirts, which apparently have to do with gun control. But Lilian should be famous for playing for Guadeloupe, his native country. Instead, he's just another traitor/assclown who should be robbed as it's quite clear he will not shoot someone breaking into his house.
He was 9 when he relocated to France. He had every right to play for France. Not to mention the fact that Guadeloupe is an overseas department of France and as such is an integral part of France anyway.

Damn, you're silly.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
He's been doing a lot of interviews lately and I see the journalist never pulls him up on his "Juventus who?" comments.

Would be interesting to hear his thought on Calciopoli now after the revelations of other clubs being involved.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He's been doing a lot of interviews lately and I see the journalist never pulls him up on his "Juventus who?" comments.

Would be interesting to hear his thought on Calciopoli now after the revelations of other clubs being involved.

Thuram always was an intellectual who had respect towards certain other players, but was not bound by club loyalties. Today the same goes for Pirlo. I doubt many of you have read his biography, but anyone who has knows that the lack of loyalty Pirlo has towards his clubs is shocking.

If someone likes that rejects and insults Juventus, I don't feel the pain to be honest. Del Piero turning his back on us would have been a betrayal. But Thuram, Zlatan, Cannavaro, Zambrotta.. Meh, why care?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Thuram always was an intellectual who had respect towards certain other players, but was not bound by club loyalties. Today the same goes for Pirlo. I doubt many of you have read his biography, but anyone who has knows that the lack of loyalty Pirlo has towards his clubs is shocking.

If someone likes that rejects and insults Juventus, I don't feel the pain to be honest. Del Piero turning his back on us would have been a betrayal. But Thuram, Zlatan, Cannavaro, Zambrotta.. Meh, why care?
I was most pissed off by Zambrotta of them all, third fav back then after Ale and Gigi.

The rest you are right, can't blame them for their obvious career choice even if you can for the statements (in Thurams case). It only makes you appreciate the legends like Ale, Gigi and Pavel alot more.

I don't count Trez and Camo because the difference between them and the others were they couldn't and weren't allowed to find other clubs to go to. Intention was the same.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
theres a difference with wanting to go elsewhere as career move, and 'juventus who?'

i seriously despise our board for even acknowledging this scumbag, if torino had any juve pride he should never be able to step foot in it.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Diplomatic pr stuff by the club really. Get your sentiment though, feel same about Zambrotta, was also insulting in similar way. In fact prolly worse since he made disparaging remarks about calciopoli and how he is truly a Milanista / don't like Juve etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)